Thread: Different language = different players

Default Different language = different players

This is sincerely bugging me at the moment beside the decentralized servers getting carried over from previous game. If someone else can confirm it is welcome.

After changing my server region to match with a friend, I can't see him in the lobby. On a whim, I changed my game's language to Deutsch, German. I can't speak German The result is a completely different game lobby with different players. I did not change the server region (evident by the room list).

Screenshots of people in the same server region with different game language
    Game in German: the lobby
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Game in English: the lobby
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A lot more peopel...or 50+ people just get into/off the game at the same time. These two images are taken 8 minutes apart after I re-download the English language patch. So apparently, 93(server) x 8(languages) = 744 game lobbies that won't be able to see each other without the friendlist and invites.

This is not true MULTIPLAYER
    Last edited by VersionLangley; March 23, 2011 at 08:08 PM.

Default Re: Different language = different players

Thats odd. I could swear that the multiplayer was multilingual. I'm english language, and I have been paired with russian players during drop in games.

Default Re: Different language = different players

yes...the drop-in and match making system are global disregard of the regional server

Unfortunately, the lobby, unrank/classic battles are restricted as above