Thread: England wins hundred years war

Default England wins hundred years war

Just curious about some scenarios people think would have come to be.
    Rep me and ill rep you back. Make sure you leave your name.

g/data/thumbnails/17/usaflag.jpg[/IMG]

SorelusImperion's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: England wins hundred years war

To much of a butterfly effect.
    Assuming that it's rule of France is firmly established England would pay much more attention to the continent and would be less inclined to ally with the Habsburgs as they did during the rule of Henry VIII. It is also likely the the English monarchs would soon make France the center of their domains (similar to how Charles V. and James I. made the more important realm the center of their domains).

In the end though the two kingdoms could still go seperate ways again at one point or another. Just imagine the reaction in France if we have an equivalent to Henry VIII or a woman inheriting the throne (like Mary or Elizabeth).
    Last edited by SorelusImperion; March 23, 2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Frederick II of Prussia: "All Religions are equal and good, if only the people that practice them are honest people; and if Turks and heathens came and wanted to live here in this country, we would build them mosques and churches."
    Norge: "Give me a break. Nothing would make you happier than to see the eagle replaced with a crescent."

Ummon:"enforcing international law will require that the enforcers do not respect it"
    Olmstead v USA:"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face."

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who can't defend themselfs.
    When you stand before god you can not say "I was told by others to do this" or that virtue was not convenient at the time