Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player threatened me with steam ban. Am I in trouble?

Icon9 Player threatened me with steam ban. Am I in trouble?

So I beat a cheater today. Someone I've been matched up with a few times, he always uses the fund cheat to get a larger army than I, and with it he plays in a 'cheesy' fashion - camps in the trees and tries to snipe my general with his fire rockets and monk archers whilst he has 7-8 groups of yaris around him. All the while trashing talking and being very rude to me in chat. I have a feeling he wins most of his battles with the exact same army set up and he has a max level general or something to my level 6

So today, recognising his name I decide to do something different with my army setup (all samurai and the +1 samurai morale retainer to nullify the warcry and fire rockets) and beat him soundly. I mean BEAT him bad. He starts swearing at me, fair enough. But his closing comment before rage quitting is that he'll report me for a steam VAC ban - even though he was the one being nasty and using the fund cheat!!!

Was he just being a sore loser or could he really get me banned? Because I play alot of games on line and for years have enjoyed a good standing on Steam, I'd hate to see some moron ruin my fun.

Default Re: Player threatened me with steam ban. Am I in trouble?

I threaten people with that all the time for fun, it means absolutely nothing. I have reporteed peopel for LEGITIMATE things (racial slurs, cheats) and nothing happened.

Just leave that pitiful waste of human being crying in his loneliness and enjoy your tasty victory.

No, you are fine.

Thanks guys <3

Quote Originally Posted by xccam View Post
    No, you are Awesome.
    Fixt. Nice revenging
    "Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion"
    -Scottish Proverb
    Media Arts & Animation Major at the Art Institute.

Dragooon's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Stil View Post
    So I beat a cheater today. Someone I've been matched up with a few times, he always uses the fund cheat to get a larger army than I, and with it he plays in a 'cheesy' fashion - camps in the trees and tries to snipe my general with his fire rockets and monk archers whilst he has 7-8 groups of yaris around him. All the while trashing talking and being very rude to me in chat. I have a feeling he wins most of his battles with the exact same army set up and he has a max level general or something to my level 6

So today, recognising his name I decide to do something different with my army setup (all samurai and the +1 samurai morale retainer to nullify the warcry and fire rockets) and beat him soundly. I mean BEAT him bad. He starts swearing at me, fair enough. But his closing comment before rage quitting is that he'll report me for a steam VAC ban - even though he was the one being nasty and using the fund cheat!!!

Was he just being a sore loser or could he really get me banned? Because I play alot of games on line and for years have enjoyed a good standing on Steam, I'd hate to see some moron ruin my fun.
    Don't worry, Valve got some sanity left with them.

Did you save the replay? CA is very interested in getting their hands on them to fix that exploit!
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by Thefallenhun View Post
    I have reporteed peopel for LEGITIMATE things (racial slurs, cheats) and nothing happened.
    LOL, run to big daddy valve and have them ban the naughty kids for name calling? sch.

You should save the replays of fund hackers and send them to CA, I believe they have a thread somewhere on the official forums for that.

Datek's Avatar Civis

Ethics is what you do when no one is looking. Be honest, play fair, never cheat/exploit, and you will never have anything to worry about.
    Signature by Ceylankral

Thanks for all your reassuring words guys. I'm still playing fine so I think I'll be ok now. It wasn't so much the threat that got to me as the players audacity to be such a hypocrite

I would have loved to have remembered to save a replay - not just as evidence of not cheating + that he was cheating, but a reminder of just how well I played in that particular match I was so RAAAAAAAAAA!!! At the player afterwards though, I just clicked straight past it But I have saved replays of fund exploiters before, I'll hunt that thread down and send em to CA. Ty x

The guy deserved it. Good thing you beat him

hey daniu

i got a replay of a funds cheat - where do i send it to.

i was just going to do a you tube vid but havent got a round to it
    Best Regards
    (HMG) TERMINATOR

Visit my youtube vids here - http://www.youtube.com/user/terminat...n?feature=mhum

The machines rose from the ashes of the nuclear fire. Their war to exterminate mankind had raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, in our present. Tonight...

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by .Rory. View Post
    LOL, run to big daddy valve and have them ban the naughty kids for name calling? sch.

Note, I also said people using obvious exploits and cheats. The only way people generally get banned for cheating is if the acutal server catches them. I also don't appreciate racial slurs being hurled around, and I hardly think most people would ocndone that behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by .Rory. View Post
    No, more like, run to big daddy valve and have them ban annoying little 12 year olds who have no place in the game if all they do is act like douchebags.. Unless you want people like that ofc. But I dont, so I'd do the same as the guy you quoted.

Icon3 Re: Player threatened me with steam ban. Am I in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by terminator acheron View Post
    hey daniu
    CA_Aaron from CA (Chivalry on the official forum) is the one trying to track this down.
    You can PM him what to do (here's a post in which he's asking for replays) or just send it to me, I can forward it as well.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by Thefallenhun View Post
    Note, I also said people using obvious exploits and cheats. The only way people generally get banned for cheating is if the acutal server catches them. I also don't appreciate racial slurs being hurled around, and I hardly think most people would ocndone that behavior.
    Nor do I, but its a fact of life and I deal with it. If you cant handle some online name calling, then gtfo because you've got a world of pain ahead of you in real life.

@Baleurion

Erm. Actually they have equal rights as you to be 'in the game'. You're not better than anyone. So if you cant handle annoying 12 y/o bantering you then you need to develop some scar tissue on your sensitivity. or likewise, gtfo

I `reported` my friend 5 times in a row for fun. Nothing ever happened...but i did get this! "Thank you for reporting offensive content and helping to keep the Steam Community clean and friendly." Which annoyed me, as when you used to report people it would say, "have a cookie!"
    My friend you would not tell with such high zest
    To children ardent for some desperate glory,
    The old lie. Dulce et decorum est
    Pro patria mori.

-Wilfred Owen-

Quote Originally Posted by terminator acheron View Post
    hey daniu

i was just going to do a you tube vid but havent got a round to it
    could I see it? keep in mind you can get up to 15% more funds thru retainers and if some1 has a high level vet it doesnt mean he will cost much more i have a few lvl 7 loan swords but i dont accualy put in most the points cause i want a katana unit costing around 500 for my builds.
    A good pie aint bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast