Thread: Campaign features I wish I knew about... Please contribute!

Default Campaign features I wish I knew about... Please contribute!

I'm starting this thread because there's a good possibility that there are features in the game that may be useful to take advantage of but I havent discovered yet. Maybe this will be helpful to other players if people contribute....

So here are my recent discoveries:

...Not until late in one campaign did I realize you could assign generals to be commissioners of Warfare, commerce, etc. and that the more stars they have, the more efficient they are at their position. You can do this by pressing the clan button and then going to the Family Tab.

...Sending an agent very early in the game (Metsuke in this case) to discover all the clans may incite war with a far-flung clan: "Hi Ouchi-san! It's Tokugawa calling. So what's up with that army of yours near Owari?"

Default Re: Campaign features I wish I knew about... Please contribute!

- Using Metsuke to boost your economy. Each star and/or relevant skill they have boosts tax income in a province by up to 45%. Stacks up to 3 times.

- Sabotage Army by Ninja prevents reinforcements from joining a battle. Wish I had known this before.

- Fire Bomb boats have awesomesauce mines. A fleet of 5 boats attacking at night can defeat a full stack of big ships simply by laying down mines all their mines (3 per ship) and making the enemy run into them by feigning retreat.

-Using Metsuke, Noh (Chi Tree), an Office of Commission and a good wife to keep your high level generals loyal to the clan.

never had an issue wiht loyalty so far. How do you even make them unloyal?

Primicerius

Try looting a few cities and then observe loyalty...

win lots of battles and they get -3 for some kind of grandeur vision.

Delusions of Grandeur is based off the general's lvl vs. the daimyo's. To get rid of it, simply level up your Daimyo in easy battles so he has a lot of stars. Also, do the same for the heir so when he becomes Daimyo half your generals don't suddenly become unloyal to a low star Daimyo.

if your daimyo dies in the beginning, and no family members are of age and you have 1 general not in the family, what happens?

the daimyo's wife becomes daimya.

jk she becomes regent.