So I'm about to hit Hatake..something-something and out of nowhere my friend Takeda comes from the South of Nado to come take the province for himself. I myself am just stepping out of the boat, so I cannot move to capture the province. When I end my turn, though, Takeda may, and the game grants me the option of going into war alongside his gargantuan army, which I take. After winning a very one-sided victory, I click 'End Battle' happily and wait for all the other clans to finish their turn.

Updates on the right show this: An Honourable Death, Your Army Wiped Out [or something along the lines]

What the heck? I barely lost any of my men (I let Takeda go in first!) and all of a sudden my general and my army are gone? Everything except for my boats near the coastline have disappeared!

I reload my save and try to autoresolve battle, but I get the same result. Then I reload, do not participate in the siege, and still, my army + general is lost. It seems no matter what I do, if my men are within the borders of the Nado province while Takeda sieges Hatakesomething-something, they disappear, and from my auto-save, I can't put them back on the boat because I already took 'em out on that same turn!

Is anyone else having a problem with this? Try having your army come fresh off the boat to take Nado, and try to have an ally/trade partner coincidentally try to take over the same province right after your turn. I thought Takeda might've turned on me, but we were still allies and/or friendly.. So it doesn't make much sense to me, honestly.

If it helps, I'm playing Uesugi Kenshin and my general is a newfound one. Just got my warrior monks too QQ.