Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Players unplugging their net connections!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Players unplugging their net connections!

Ok this is starting to become an issue and there has to be something done about it. I have played over 100 battles and the net code is pretty rock solid I haven't dropped a single game yet. You can seriously always tell when players unplug their net connections its always at the turning point of the battle either you won the cavalry duel or their general died. Is solid as the net code is if someone pulls their net plug or droops from a game it should be counted as a loss unless they do it in the deployment phase. Just today I wasted about an hour of play time from this happening from 3 players pulling their connection and is becoming a real problem level 7+. Please CA when you get the other issues sorted out can you do something about this?

Default Re: Players unplugging their net connections!

yeah man, its especially annoying when ur winning a player with more stars and he pulls it.
    I had a 1v1 with a 8 star today, i was 7 and i was about to win when he pulled the plug>.>

I mean cant they just accept it and lose? Its not like they dont get points or exp, they still get it -__-

In the next game of 1v1 against a 10 star, i lost and i played the whole battle .
    Its not wrong to lose...we learn from it.
    Whats the point if we keep winning and pulling the plug when we lose.

Some ppl....>.>

Heh, this is a pretty big problem for all multiplayer games, and there really is no middle ground... there's no way to tell if a player tripped on their ethernet wire (somehow) or if they yanked it out maliciously to end the battle without it counting against them. I played a really good battle with a friend tonight but his game crashed halfway through, just as it was getting good. It would suck to have the system hold that against him.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Heh, this is a pretty big problem for all multiplayer games, and there really is no middle ground... there's no way to tell if a player tripped on their ethernet wire (somehow) or if they yanked it out maliciously to end the battle without it counting against them. I played a really good battle with a friend tonight but his game crashed halfway through, just as it was getting good. It would suck to have the system hold that against him.
    I have played over 100+ mp battle and not had a single crash or connection drop. Lets face it if people have rigs that are out dated or their connection is bad they should be penalized for wasting peoples time. If a player drops after the deployment phase ends then it should be treated as if the player pushed the concede defeat button. I guarantee this would solve this issue although and will keep players honest. Its not fair cheaters will reign the top rankings because they are not taking their losses.

i have disconnected a couple of times from steam,had games where my opponent has dropped and its always givin me the win and replay.

I just hope the Dishonorable Coward trait protects us from these people once it's fixed.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

@Kinjo about bad rigs,
    Me and a clanmate were playing a game today, that timed out because we waited the entire five minutes it allows for someones pc to load... I mean, have you got a pentium 1 or something?

The one who pulls da plug/altf4 should get a loss. easy.
    If my connection is crappy and I disconnect because my router is or something, why should my opponent be 'punished' for it?

If you drop, you lose. Problem solved.
    Old pond...
    a frog leaps in
    water's sound

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    Ok this is starting to become an issue and there has to be something done about it. I have played over 100 battles and the net code is pretty rock solid I haven't dropped a single game yet. You can seriously always tell when players unplug their net connections its always at the turning point of the battle either you won the cavalry duel or their general died. Is solid as the net code is if someone pulls their net plug or droops from a game it should be counted as a loss unless they do it in the deployment phase. Just today I wasted about an hour of play time from this happening from 3 players pulling their connection and is becoming a real problem level 7+. Please CA when you get the other issues sorted out can you do something about this?

Last time it hapened to me the battle was mostly at a draw , tutrles waiting us to run uphill, we didnt and skirmished and they where loosing some men then they quitted and we won the battle ... why?

Edit:

Last battle Siege of Kyoto , the attackers use all time siege machinery , when they depleted and seen they didnt do anything tous they quitted...

no victory for us this time tough ...
    Last edited by PROMETHEUS ts; March 23, 2011 at 06:42 AM.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Ive not dropped from a single game, had it done to me too often to mention....however I seemed to have earned the title Dishonourable Coward, how?

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    Are you referring to Avatar Conquest battles or Classic or both? I have not been able to play a classic battle yet. System always ctd and when it dose not do that nobody can see me hosting when I ask.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

dont unpulg its rude

I think CA had good intentions with the Dishonorable Coward trait discouraging unpluggers. Hopefully once they fix it, the number of unplugs will decrease.

Patrizio's Avatar Libertus

Agree with all the above. I don't understand why people get so upset over losing, it's just a game. If you don't lose once in awhile, victories become meaningless. Also, even if someone just has a bad connection / rig and drop regularly through no fault of their own, I still think the game should track and flag this. I want to finish my battles. If my opponent has a problem doing this I simply don't want to play them, regardless of the reason.

Anyway, I'm happy they instituted the "coward" trait (here's hoping they get it working correctly soon), but here is my issue: Once you are in the match set-up screen, there is no way to leave! So if I enter matchmaking and see that my opponent is a quitter, what good does that do me if I can't exit the set up? Am I missing something?

This just happened to me a level 7 or something I had him beat because he somehow failed to see 3 yari cav veteran rank 7 charging literary at his back going full charge at his general who was already under missile fire the whole time and then a mass rout obviosly followed as my cav charged at his pinned down troops. I dont need a win on my record nor do I mind a loss but I like the sportsmanship of real players who loose over a mistake and say "Uf what was I thinking" but still playes on, but when a guy who cant protect his flanks or his general HAS to have 0 losses you just wonder, anyway thought Id name him here so you are warned. I mean you get xp for loosing why the **** would you disconnect. Just wonder how many battles he had to went through to get to that level a 1000,a 1000.000?
    Last edited by Legio; March 23, 2011 at 04:01 PM.

It's happened that much to me in ETW/NTW i dont really care any more.At least you get to keep the replays now.
    I only ever play for the fun of it so in ETW/NTW there was certain things that would make plug pull like kiting non stop,corner camping or going against my host rules. i have not found anyreasons to in this game yet.

The funny thing about this issue is that stat tracking is pretty much completely broken right now, so all they're doing is costing both players the XP for the battle

Hopefully this gets addressed somehow soon, as they're going to fix stats tracking which makes me worried that more people will start doing it if there's no penalty.

I still can't understand why CA simply doesn't make a disconnect count as a loss for the player dropping, and a win for the player remaining. I mean seriously, how hard can that be?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

No naming and shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    No naming and shaming.
    Sorry didnt know, but this rule could be loosened until the DC bug is fixed maybe at least limiting it to a single thread and you have to provide a replay as evidence... just a thought dont mean to nag but it is really becoming a problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast