So im a long time dweller of the forums here and i decided to finally share my ideas with the community, i think its important to let you know that at the moment i have no plans to create these mods, too much work already im afraid.

so to begin with i just wanted to say how happy i am with shogun, especially after Empire i wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but i can say for sure i love the game. as always though the best part of TW for me is the mods.

I love the new RPG elements they've put into the game, i loved the ones in Rome and i love the ones they out back into shogun, but i think they need more, more traits, and more retainers. Not just for the agents and generals no. see i propose to create a whole new character caste in the system, or if not possible slightly modify the generals to add to the game what i consider to be one of shoguns more important aspects Heros. I dont know a ton or even much about this period in japan but from what i know or think i know Heros and there actions were a huge part of his period. the hero units that are in game while visually satisfying are not at al what i had hoped for. what i imagined when i read hero was a plethora of heros, most would be 1 man units that could turn the tides of battle or challenge other heros to single combat or add a boost to an armies morale, although less than a general would. basically these 1 man units (depending, still open to suggestions) would be center points for action in game and add intense cinematic value to a battle, could you imagine two single heros engaging in combat on the field in shogun while battle rages around them, jsut epic. bust still not good enough because theres no point with the current system, its 40 guys and a dude who looks a bit different and gold but why should i care about him, if he dies this battle and the unit still lives he wil just come back, hell they will always come back ey? no make them legitimate characters with traits and skill trees make us care for and nuture them and get the RPG element really kicking. because im almost certain they did play a HUGE role in the period, historically, militarily and culturally. to the point of even ingraining there philosophies into the generations of japanese that followed such as in the case of the japanese of WW2 (which i am rather learned in) they glorified heroics to a huge extent and continued to teach the fatalistic nature of bushido (although bushido in its true form wasnt around anymore you cant tell me Matome Ugaki wasnt a modern samurai. the point being i think heros should have a bigger role.

also in conjunction i think morale is quite funky, although like i said this period im no expert on. however shouldn't the samurai units at least be very disinclined to retreat like ever, i mean i dont think we should do that there should be a breaking point but i thought at least most samurai were more stingint to the bushido code, i also thought there were fewer of them then in shogun also. well at the very least i think generals should be unbreakable if not almost and on the off chance they do break or lose a battle they should have the option to commit seppuku.

other than that i also think a romance of the three kingdoms mod should be made witch would take use of the above ideals i hope

what do you esteemed gents think?