Thread: What do people have against cavalry? And only bow ships?

Default What do people have against cavalry? And only bow ships?

I spent a good portion of time these past couple nights playing multiplayer (pretty cool, though the bugs are frustrating.) After some victories and some losses, I noticed that some players like to pack their army full of melee infantry, often entirely yari ashigari and loan swordsmen. I like to have at least three units of archers on hand for every battle and at have times absolutely butchered the rushing army with arrows, one time not even needing to commit my 2 katana samuri and 2 yari ashigari melee troops. Another battle wasn't so easy and ended up with my archers running away from the enemy's surviving infantry a lot, though I ultimately won.

Can anyone here who employs this tactic explain why? It's a little too easy to pick off archers and generals, even with my standard two units of light cavalry. How many units do those of you who favor cavalry use?

Oh, and how come people seem to only use bow ships (forgot their name) in naval battles for low rank navies? Because of their fire arrows ability?

Default Re: What do people have against cavalry? And only bow ships?

Just use Katana Samurai and kill them all. That is what i do and it always works if you can keep their cavalry bussy.

That doesn't really work too well when the infantry has 2 or 3 samuri units mixed in too, though. I typically spend more money on archers.

I normally use 5 units of cav for med funds. 2 vet great guard and 3 vet lvl 5 light cav.

U can check out how i use them in some of my videos which can be found here!

www.youtube.com/user/alsonl

tell me what u think