hi everyone, havent been around for ages, and havent played etw or ntw much yet. this is where the problem lies :/

i bought etw ages ago, but didnt get much of a chance to play/mod it. medieval 2 was my last attempts at modding the tw series. shogun 2 bought me back in with a vengeance (not a big fan of the civil war era and the like really) and im keen to get into it.

the problem:

ive started 2 games, 1 as the Date, and 1 as Tokugawa. as tokugawa ive noticed the oda get wiped pretty quick, and am attempting to save them a bit longer till i slaughter the lot of them. is there any way to modify the starting units for the clans at this time? if so how can i do that? the file system is similar, but the changes made to the game since medieval are a little confusing to me at this point.

i would use the console to add them a few more troops and prevent their destruction on the first turn, but it seems CA decided to remove it...

if i can script them some more units, or prevent the Saito (i think) from killing them first turn would really make my day at this point but im not a big scripter so unsure if that can be done either.

any help appreciated