Thread: saving the oda

Default saving the oda

is there a way to change the scripts of something or something to make it so that the Oda clan can survive as an AI? i know i can just revive them but only the first clan has Nobunaga as the successor. i want him to live up to historical greatness so our armies can clash over kyoto just for some role-playing tendacies.
    Last edited by newguy; March 22, 2011 at 08:26 PM.

Default Re: saving the oda

I was able to do it but god was it a pain. I tried using the ESF editor to make oda and tokugawa at peace, but the saito just destroyed them on turn two instead of turn one. what i did instead was cheated to give myself extra money, then gave it to them so they would have money and like me. that didn't help much either but a little so they could recruit extra troops. then i used my ninja playing as hattori to sabotage their army so they would stay in owari the first turn haha. then when tokugawa invaded owari i sabotaged them and the oda army attacked and destroyed the saito army that also invaded. then the next turn they took out the tokugawa and went on to invade them. i parked my army on the bridge between owari and mino after having declared war on the saito so that they wouldn't invade the unguarded owari. it worked. eventually the saito attacked me and i retreated but the asai destroyed them and then the oda were free to go on a rampage. it's 1550 now and they're kind of in decline again having been pushed out of their home area into the north where takeda usually are. basically, it's doable but took a lot of effort on my part and all of it cheating. very frustrating but satisfying now that the shogun declared war on them on like turn 7 or 8 haha and they are rampaging through what is normally held by takeda and hojo and causing all kinds of chaos with provinces constantly changing hands.

I just used ESF editor to clone units into there army array that seems to help.

Quote Originally Posted by madpluck View Post
    I was able to do it but god was it a pain. I tried using the ESF editor to make oda and tokugawa at peace, but the saito just destroyed them on turn two instead of turn one. what i did instead was cheated to give myself extra money, then gave it to them so they would have money and like me. that didn't help much either but a little so they could recruit extra troops. then i used my ninja playing as hattori to sabotage their army so they would stay in owari the first turn haha. then when tokugawa invaded owari i sabotaged them and the oda army attacked and destroyed the saito army that also invaded. then the next turn they took out the tokugawa and went on to invade them. i parked my army on the bridge between owari and mino after having declared war on the saito so that they wouldn't invade the unguarded owari. it worked. eventually the saito attacked me and i retreated but the asai destroyed them and then the oda were free to go on a rampage. it's 1550 now and they're kind of in decline again having been pushed out of their home area into the north where takeda usually are. basically, it's doable but took a lot of effort on my part and all of it cheating. very frustrating but satisfying now that the shogun declared war on them on like turn 7 or 8 haha and they are rampaging through what is normally held by takeda and hojo and causing all kinds of chaos with provinces constantly changing hands.
    your way only works if i start as hattori or a clan near them. i play shimazu so i would need console codes to get a ninja all the way over there.