• Hojo

13 6.91%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Clan?

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Favorite Clan?

Date. Because Masumune was a certified bad-ass

Tokugawa, for being the most epic and interesting to play, a rise from Vassal that no one knows to a strong clan surrounded by enemies. Giving you constant challenge.

My favorite are the Chosokabe, because of their bow advantage, colors, symbol, and of course starting position

Takeda have the most beautiful colors, and one badass Daimyo. I also like the Chosokabe and Mori.

Date! They'll Rip Ya a New One!!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    For any Ratchet and Clank fans.

Beowulf1990's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Oda. The strong ashigaru are a boon. I hate shinmazu the horrible Christianity problems are a huge pain.
    If you demolish the nanban ports and churches, you're fine. I've just finished a (Buddhist) Shimazu campaign and had a grand total of 2 chistian revolts. And both of those were because I wasn't paying attention.

I DO wish the Green was a bit darker though. You get used to it.
    En Romanos, rerum dominos, gentemque togatam!

The Oda of course! They combine just the right amount of challenge and self-righteous anger at the feudal system to be amusing.

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Putasokinhet View Post
    Date rape ftw.
    roofie ftw?
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Hattori. As they have expensive units (truelly it doesn't matter, as I have good incomes), but still they look more cool in black/red uniform and can deploying near enemies. I love them much.

Another poll I can't vote on. Is this a bug, or are people really so afraid of someone taking the time to make a dozen spam accounts just to skew some irrelevant and innocuous "favorites" poll, or what?

But chock mine up for Takeda. Infantry have always been a support focus in my armies, and decisive precise cavalry charges are my main method of achieving victory. And a little horse archery trolling never hurts either. Doesn't do crap for siege battles though. Also, their starting position really allows for a lot of variety in successive playthroughs as you don't start on one end of the island or another like you do with Date or Shimazu, forcing you to advance rather linearly unless you want a fragmented and dislocated empire.

Beowulf1990's Avatar Senator

You need a higher post count buddy.
    En Romanos, rerum dominos, gentemque togatam!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    You need a higher post count buddy.
    So then it's like I said. Quite stupid.

I voted oda. two reasons one my favorite color is yellow, two having cheap super soldiers is always a plus lol

So far I only played with Shimazu so I can't really comment. Chosokabe, Date and Oda are the ones I will be playing later. Also want to try Takeda, Tokugawa and Hojo. BTW do the factions on the island of Honshu and Shikaku have trouble with Christian uprisings or is restricted to the South? I really don't like that about Shimazu.

Everything in war is simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.

I like the game but the clans lack variety as seen in previous TW games. The clan triats seem weak in the playstyle sense. Maybe more variety will come with DLC

HATTORI!

I love NINJA!!!

always a sucker for katanas. and did you read that manga drifters? the main guy in chapter 1 was a shimazu. the nephew of the shimazu yoshihiro in my campaign.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    If you demolish the nanban ports and churches, you're fine. I've just finished a (Buddhist) Shimazu campaign and had a grand total of 2 chistian revolts. And both of those were because I wasn't paying attention.
    Yeah, had the same stuff with my campaign. All of a sudden, rebellions were popping up like mushrooms at spring, and as I pulled back my armies from the frontlines to defend my capital, the CAI chose to invade. Best goddamn CAI Ive ever seen so far

I like the Shimazu for their strong starting position (the AI don't seem to fond to use ships as transports, so you can have one stronghold in the north to defend the main access to the island), good economy and also the upgraded Shimazu samurai are very very useful in the pitched infantrybattles.

Otherwise, I favour the Hattori because well... Theyre uberawesome ninjas, and because they can deploy outside the deployment zone, it gives you a huge tactical advantage in battles.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

So far I've only played with Oda, Uesugi and Date. I love all three, so I can't really vote a favourite.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Shimazu cause I played them in the first one, they have a great position and I was always a fan of the shimazu family.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast