Thread: Fatigue and Veteran Units.

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Fatigue and Veteran Units.

I basically get Fatigue resistance on Veteran troops first, i max it out, as well as the aura from my Avatar.

Fatigue makes your infantry fight poorer, makes them have less morale and many more negatives, i think of it as a must-get.

However, after i max out Fatigue Resistance on my Veterans, what should i get next? I am thinking Morale, because fighting is always better than running away. But i want to hear peoples opinions.

Also, having a full Leadership general - i found it to be extremely useful in fights.

Default Re: Fatigue and Veteran Units.

I like going full ATK and charge for my loan swords, at lv5 they have like 20 ATK and 20 charge and then get leader general and retainers for good morale.

I find the fatigue aura on my general is enough to keep them at a good fatigue level, unless you charge them around the map all day.

depends, I really like melee defense on spear units. they last forever. charge on cav, melee on sword. speed is good reserve forces. depends on what you want them to do.

pointwolf's Avatar Tiro

I usually play all monks (naginata, matchlock, bow) and one or two cav units for protection.. and i always get the melle deffence and attack first then armour. Because fatigue is ok but when you face a fanatic that can kill you faster then the speed of light ... that has no morale shocks , you tell me.

Armor would be neccessary for a monk army, they have virtually none. If its an ashigaru, I do morale first, for archers, I tend to do reload speed, same for matchlocks, as that contributes greatly to their overall dps, and mat chlocks the numbr of volleys the matchlock fires is a morale hurter. For samurai, I don't feel morale is a priority, so I get melee attack or defense.

pointwolf's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Thefallenhun View Post
    Armor would be neccessary for a monk army, they have virtually none. If its an ashigaru, I do morale first, for archers, I tend to do reload speed, same for matchlocks, as that contributes greatly to their overall dps, and mat chlocks the numbr of volleys the matchlock fires is a morale hurter. For samurai, I don't feel morale is a priority, so I get melee attack or defense.
    I do the matchlocks rapid fire and reload speed only so they fire as fast as archers atm . But there is a retainer for monk armies +2 mele. Which gives me even bigger bonus + Unexpirienced fugu chef that takes away -2 from your melle and i have a nasty monk army.

I use monk units, but never exclusively, I keep a unit of bow monks, 2 of bow matchlocks, and 1 of naginata, but pure would just be so armor light , and remember Im playing fugu chef myself, so I wouldn't charge into the matchlocks, I'd use bow monks to pick them off, if I did charge, I'd use veteran naginatas with buffed armor.

what is total army size if youre all veteran monk?

probably kinda small

pointwolf's Avatar Tiro

I use 1-2 matchlock monks 1-2 bow monks all other are 4-5-6 naginata monks 1-2 cav if its a huge army battle. So your tactic with bow monks is allmoust nullified becouse i have them too. It all deppends on which vets are 100% for the battle. Had only 2-3 loses on small armies cause i use 2 matchlocks and 2 naginatas there. But i had lots of nice battles where i was OMG please hold the line please please .

Sorry for the bad eng im on work no time to check for misstakes.

Katana i go attack first since thats what there for,then defence so they can last longer attacking,then fatigue so they can last even longer attacking,then morale but it's only one point so maybe not worth the extra money.

Yari ash pretty much gets anti cav,defence,morale.The anti cav is the most important you can really get a cheap cav killer by just upgrading them with that.

light cav is all speed and charge,just for bow disruption.

Fatigue resistance is damn useful as it make your men last longer. And i suppose in every situation, the longer a guy can last, the better it becomes
    My friend you would not tell with such high zest
    To children ardent for some desperate glory,
    The old lie. Dulce et decorum est
    Pro patria mori.

-Wilfred Owen-