View Poll Results: What clan did you fear the most in your campaign?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hattori

13 12.87%
  • Takeda

54 53.47%
  • Hojo

8 7.92%
  • Chosokabe

3 2.97%
  • Tokugawa

1 0.99%
  • Uesugi

1 0.99%
  • Mori

1 0.99%
  • Shimazu

1 0.99%
  • Date

7 6.93%
  • Oda

1 0.99%
  • Other minor clan

11 10.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most feared enemy?

Default Most feared enemy?

Who is your most feared enemy? For those of you that haven't played multiple campaigns there is quite a bit of variation in who ends up being a major player. I've had campaigns where the Hatano, Hojo, Takeda, Chosokabe, Tokugawa (after re-emerging mid game), and of course the Hattori were all forces to be reckoned with. Which did you find the most challenging opponent, both in terms of individual battles and overall campaign rivalry?

For me it is Takeda who only in my latest game as Shimazu has become the #1 threat to my ambitions to become Shogun. Their cavalry just don't quit seeming to fight to the last man every time. This coupled with veteran Samurai archers are giving me a real run for my money as I rush to protect my holdings I captured there (the two philosophical tradition provinces in the East and the Hojo's starting armory) separated from my home island by a sea full of hostile Hattori it is getting a bit unnerving as both of my sons are currently held up in defense of these new holdings. Who will lead my clan if they are not victorious?!

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Most feared enemy?

Unfortunately, I have yet to become embroiled into a serious fight with a great clan. In every single campaign I've played, either the Oda or Tokugawa are destroyed on the first turn. With the exception of Date, Chosokabe, and sometimes Takeda or Uesugi, the great clans are all wiped out quickly and I'm left fighting "minor clans" with absurd military power.

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

In both my Shimazu and Takeda campaigns the Hojo took over most of eastern Japan. They're terrifying and I have no idea why since they're supposed to just hole up in their forts.
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Takeda is like a never-dying faction which repeatly respawn no matter how many times you destroy their clan...

But a most feared enemy is definitely an archbishop (don't let me start speaking how awesome a top rank missionary is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

They have a gold province, 2 philosophical tradition provinces, holy site, 2 armories and a naval tradition right within their reach. It's hard not to be a monster when they get the opportunity to snatch up most of Japan. Unless Uesugi survives they generally befriend Takeda (who except in my very latest game eventually get trounced by Shogun's allies like Hattori and various small randoms who eat up Takeda), so their only real counter is Date who seems to be always disappointingly weak in my games.

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

A Hojo/Takeda alliance against me (Uesugi) after that happened the first few times I played, I always immediately made it a point to ally with Takeda before the 5th turn at least.

Hattori for me. They always seem to kick everyones in central Japan. In my game as the Mori they got up to around 14 regions and were getting increasingly with me. I then forced an alliance and proceed to cause hell in their home regions with my monks

Quote Originally Posted by Popgun View Post
    Hattori for me. They always seem to kick everyones in central Japan. In my game as the Mori they got up to around 14 regions and were getting increasingly with me. I then forced an alliance and proceed to cause hell in their home regions with my monks
    That happens to me in every game. Hattori Yasunaga and his army go around terrorizing and blitzing their way across central Japan. He had like 6 stars and captured a region every turn...

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I must fear about my neighbour from my Hattori-campaign, who is still my strong allies: Takeda. They've few big armies and when all will be against me. These Takeda are first who will knock knock to my door first.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by tarvu View Post
    They have a gold province, 2 philosophical tradition provinces, holy site, 2 armories and a naval tradition right within their reach. It's hard not to be a monster when they get the opportunity to snatch up most of Japan. Unless Uesugi survives they generally befriend Takeda (who except in my very latest game eventually get trounced by Shogun's allies like Hattori and various small randoms who eat up Takeda), so their only real counter is Date who seems to be always disappointingly weak in my games.
    No, what I mean is they keep revolting from their master far often than any other clan; I have seen them constantly reappear and got conquer again for at least three times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Right now? The Date.

For some reason, their only offensive army was destroyed at the battle of Mino.

I look at their castles? Ashigaru archers and musket men.
    Forward, march!

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

the Hattori. That is all.

They've taught me never to trust ninjas. >_> <_<

My current campaign as the Mori is pretty amusing.

The Imagawa got pretty powerful as did the Takeda and the Hojo, each 8-12 provinces in central/eastern Japan. Then they all went to war and apparently never bothered to garrison any provinces. They played musical chairs and each time the music stopped a new faction re-emerged. Now the Imagawa and Hojo are dead, Date and Oda are back and are getting strong and Takeda is hanging on to one or two provinces. The best part is between Date and Oda, there are probably 15 rebel held provinces.

I votted for Takeda, but thankfully, in my Shimazu campaign at the moment, they are my strongest Ally right after the Ashina, they control almost the whole central part of Honshu....I saved the Hattori from Annihilation, by making them my Vassal, just in time to save their last Province....but Taked got most of them.

petertel123's Avatar Miles

the shogun is my worst enemy (with his freaking realm divide)

The asai fo sho, or the wakko pirates.

Takeda.

I made me picture to display my feelings on the matter

Playing Takeda, the Hojo were my best allies first, and then they backstabbed me and made me lose my game. I agree that they get insanely powerful if left unchecked. Thats why in my new game i killed them off in the first turns.

Takeda is indeed strong, but usually I can stop them while they are expending, preventing them from becoming a superpower.

But Tokagawa is my most feared enemy. Every campaign they grow huge and have lots of allies..

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Christians....
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast