Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clan Color mod - Updated V11

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Clan Color mod - Updated V11

I really like this Mod. Mutes all those colours down to more realistic levels, very nice. This isn`t the 18th century!

Thanks!

I should have a new version out in a few weeks. Things have become hectic in life but I plan on at least changing the remaining minor clans, some of the banners, and fixing the bright white lods when zooming out on some of the armies. I've been slow to respond to pm's as well but i'll do my best to get back to everyone when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Thanks!

I should have a new version out in a few weeks. Things have become hectic in life but I plan on at least changing the remaining minor clans, some of the banners, and fixing the bright white lods when zooming out on some of the armies. I've been slow to respond to pm's as well but i'll do my best to get back to everyone when I can.
    A few weeks?! I can't wait that long.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Recolored minor clans? Woot!

Maybe you can mix up the colors of the Shoni, Ouchi, and Amako (Who are all Grey and black for some reason despite being right next to each other :l).

henjan's Avatar Laetus

Hey, this looks great. But could someone please explain how to install this? I got winrar but cant extract it with it, and where should i put it afterwards? Thanks

Spinescens's Avatar Libertus

Henjan just extract it into the data folder in your shogun directory, and try winzip or winace

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I found an issue with this mod, it causes the monks for all factions to pretty much look identical. They all wear grey/black and can barely be told apart from each other.

Would you be willing to release all faction recolors seperatly? that way we can pick the ones we like, personly I just want to override the ones that desperatly need new colors so that all monks wont look the same.

matmohair1's Avatar Domesticus

I really enjoyed this mod
    how about changing the color of Eusugi Kenshin's head cloth into white or light cream so as to resemble other warrior monks
    - his vanilla version with dark colors is incorrect and makes him look more like a ninja

Date units can be given Black armor, Blue fabric, clothing & lace while decorations can be golden yellow. the ashigaru can have the circle on their helmets colored red as it resembles Date Masamune's personal banner.

helpful references regarding date forces:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

hope this helped , good luck
    Last edited by matmohair1; April 23, 2011 at 01:41 PM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

just please don't put those orange traffic cones on their heads.

Henjan - place the pack that is extracted into your shogun 2 data folder.

InHuman One - Thanks for the info, I will take a look. Originally I wanted to keep each clan separate to let people choose however I don't think it is possible given they are all in the same file. I will post the colors I use for each so people can individually go in and modify them if they want.

Matmohair1 - Thanks! I have a personal mod I've been working on where the colors resemble closer to those references you've posted. Since I change the banners and colors of the great clans drastically from vanilla, I wasn't sure people would want it but I figured I would release it as a separate pack once i've finished up all the minor clans.

Date traffic cones explained - LOL

Great mod

thanks
    keep on upgrading this.

henjan's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Henjan - place the pack that is extracted into your shogun 2 data folder.
    How do i extract it? Cant find a button when right clicking, tried with WinRar too.
    Couldnt find help when googling.
    Thanks i appreciate your help

It's possible to do something for the sashimono (flag on the samurai's back)? When I zoom out of the units the Mon (clan symbol) disappear. So it's only a solid colour flag... I have a good PC and all on Ultra!

Sorry if i'm not on the right post!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by matmohair1 View Post
    I'm not sure, usually there wasn't any uniformity of faction colors in real life but some clans seem to have tried it,
    - most notably the Date wore black armor while the Li family mostly wore red armor and helmets with flat horns
    , (The Li Red Devils)

It's actually Double 'i'. Not Li. Just thought I'd tell you The Japanese have no L's

Yes Ii Naomasa had Red Armour with Blue Lacing with Golden Horns. In your picture is Ii Naotaka the second son of Naomasa.
    Last edited by Ii Naomasa; April 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM.

thanks for the correction, I haven't noticed that - the I & L fonts look similar in some books

Yeh I thought it Was Li for a second but my Friend who knows Japanese was like That Can't be Right because there is no pronunciation of L in japanese.

So it's ii and its pronounced Ee (I think, thats how I've been saying it )

Quote Originally Posted by henjan View Post
    How do i extract it? Cant find a button when right clicking, tried with WinRar too.
    Couldnt find help when googling.
    Thanks i appreciate your help
    No problem. If you are using WinRAR, I think you can just right click on the file and select extract files from the drop down menu. If that file type is not associated with WinRAR, you may need to right click the file and go to Open or Open with. Select WinRAR from the list of applications. Once it opens, it should bring up a window asking where you want to extract them. Choose a location and then follow the instructions on-screen. If you choose to extract to a location other than your data folder, go to where you extracted the file. Copy the pack file and paste it into your shogun 2 data folder.

Great mod Zane, excellent work, thank you. +Rep coming when I can.
    Your technique is ... magnificent ...

Icon6 Re: Clan Color mod - Updated V11

The Oda clan always seems to fail, it's as if everyone has trouble with the yellow and the black... I took your colour mod pack, Zane (Hope you don't mind) and decided to give it a go myself by re-opening it up and seeing what I could do to them as the current brown/bronze makes them look kinda cheap... I wanted to make them recognised with a new and unique colour set, keeping their original black and yellow scheme but making them look less like the other clans and more like a menacing, mighty war machine (like the Takeda Clan, lots of people love them for the black and red), this is what I came up with:

As you can see the unit's do not turn a bright colour as you zoom out, this is because I made the yellow slightly green tinted. The game's lighting effects (Or something) seem to affect the colours slightly in game and it really seems to dislike yellow, but has no problem with green. By using dark grey (80%) rather than black armour it doesn't go a rusty gold/brown colour as you zoom out, niether:

The units vary slightly, some have the papaya yellow whilst others have black armour:

The general's portrait in the bottom left looks a little neon green but, for some reason it always appears brighter than the units in battle and I can't change that unless I make their armour ALOT darker. Besides that though they look pretty nifty without changing colour as you zoom out... That's not just in the snow terrain, they look fine in all conditions:

(Please note that the yari ashigaru in the background of the above image have brown/greenish clothing on, this is because this screen was taken when I used pure black as the colour of clothing and so it turned a mucky colour as you zoom out. It was after turning this into a dark grey that I fixed this problem and they now appear correctly as in the other screens)

I love how they are now, menacing without the use of red (Generic). They certainly stand out from the other clans like this and even though it's a fairly bright color I don't think it's too neon or unrealistic. You might disagree but that's my opinion and in my campaign, this is how I want them to look :

It was so easy to do, I've never edited hex before! I found it fun, really. I don't understand why the developer's didn't allow us to edit our single player army the same way the multiplayer army can be customised. Don't tell me it's for historical accuracy as there wasn't usually a uniformal colour for each clan in real life, so the whole thing is wrong anyway.

Regardless, if anyone else wants a clan's colour changed, just message me the hex # you want for the 3 parts: armour/clothing/detail and the clan you want changed, I can make it for you. Don't go overboard though, I'm not going to start changing every single faction's colours over and over for all of you but, maybe the 1 clan you want to play as. I don't mind fixing them up a bit to get them the colour you want as it's 100X more fun to play with an army you think looks the best!

If you like my Oda clan's colours and would like them too, then here's the pack:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9IGHUK1
    It's Zane's V11 pack so all of the other clans are how he currently has them but, with only the oda changed (Everything else is left the same). If you already have Zane's colour mod then this does mean that you'll have to remove Zane's pack from data before using this one, otherwise it may not work for you. Once done, just drop it into your data folder like normal.

Not trying to steal your thunder, Zane. Just giving other's the chance to use what I've done... That's the best part of mod forums Enjoy!
    Last edited by Danso; May 08, 2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Adding caption for Image