Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clan Color mod - Updated V11

Default Re: Updated Clan color mod - Two New Packs

I know the original faction colour shows when you zoom out and I don't mind for most factions but is there any way to change Oda basic colour? I had to give up playing them with the horrible yellow at a distance.
    V. 8 must be working as I see the differences. Playing Uesugi,they look good.
    +rep

Zane thanks for your mod.
    Could you make color for Takeda's horses, I mean change color of stirrup and reins from black into dark red.

I'll get pack 9 & 10 up tonight. 10 is the first to include the minor clan recoloring. Some still look a bit out of place due to the fact that I haven't discovered where the banner color values are yet.

jasonlbc123 - I was looking into this yesterday so I could change the minor clan colors and banners to match. Still no luck yet as to where those are changed. I tried the faction_banners db file but the values didn't seem to correspond to the expected colors of the banners in game. It may have to wait for a mod tool release or else could take a while to track down.

joreto - It should be compatible. I've used that mod with it and didn't come across any issues but they weren't extensively tested together

Ftmch - Thanks for the info. I'll do a bit more searching. It's a shot in the dark and a lot of trial an error without knowing what each value pertains too in the db file.

Jihada - I'll keep working on it. If the file which contains those values is found, it makes things easier.

Deneye - I changed Takeda to a darker red theme. I don't remember off the top of my head whether the new colors effect the reins but I'll post a pic tonight with the updated version.
    Last edited by Zane; March 28, 2011 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akatora View Post
    Date is Navy Blue and Gold
    sure looks purple to me, either way if it is navy blue I really dislike it and want it to match zane's new blue color, or just black and gold would be sweet and historically accurate. I'm not disagreeing akatora I just don't like the color and want it to match the new color ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    Unfortunatly, I haven't found the script, just the texture file on which the colour and clan symbol is applied, so there's a db-file somewhere that decides which colour that is.

By the way, Zane, the faction-colour is applied to units when you zoom out regardless of the textures on the unit and banner, I haven't tried this mod, so I'm not sure if it changes it, but there's probably another faction-colour value somewhere applying this colour-filter on the units when they're at a distance.

woops sorry to confuse that. Glad to see the two of you colaborating, team work! Thanks for your time both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    I know the original faction colour shows when you zoom out and I don't mind for most factions but is there any way to change Oda basic colour? I had to give up playing them with the horrible yellow at a distance.
    V. 8 must be working as I see the differences. Playing Uesugi,they look good.
    +rep
    Yeah I know, That bright yellow is killing me.

Is there anyway I can switch the textures of the Oda with the Tokugawa? I like the black and yellow coloring but I hate the flags. Anyway I can fix this or if you could release a small version for me I'd appreciate
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Weird enough, it appears that the color faction filter doesnt apply to dead bodies :O like the yellow tint thats normally on the Oda is gone when you look at dead bodies from a distance. Maybe theres a value there you can copy?
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlbc23 View Post
    sure looks purple to me, either way if it is navy blue I really dislike it and want it to match zane's new blue color, or just black and gold would be sweet and historically accurate. I'm not disagreeing akatora I just don't like the color and want it to match the new color ya know?
    Np, just wanted to point out that it's not supposed to be purple if that's how you really see it.

Default Re: Updated! Clan color mod - Takeda and minor clans

This mod is really great. The only thing is that the more packs are coming out the more it's getting really confusing. Maybe just make 3 different packs that you update from time to time ? Like a historical pack, a dark faded pack and a dark colorfull pack.. This is just an example of course

Wait, does pack 10 include the Takeda and Date recolor shown in pack 9? I ask because pack 10 lists that it's the same as pack 8 but with the minor factions recolored -- pack 9 lists the extra work done to Takeda and Date.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Interesting mod, but the start post is a mess. Sorry, no offence intended. I'm just saying you should bring a little order in the chaos, Zane. Not so many different packs and pictures for every variation would be a good start.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Interesting mod, but the start post is a mess. Sorry, no offence intended. I'm just saying you should bring a little order in the chaos, Zane. Not so many different packs and pictures for every variation would be a good start.
    I agree, the mod is excellent and you did a great job with it!

However, I think you should re-organize the first post and the packs in general so we know what's going on better.
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    I agree, the mod is excellent and you did a great job with it!

However, I think you should re-organize the first post and the packs in general so we know what's going on better.
    Yeah, I realize it is getting out of hand. I originally planned to change just Oda, Shimazu, and Tokugawa. The rest just happened organically like the first post . I'd prefer just to have one pack but I know some like the different color variations. Also I can only add 10 attachments to the thread hense all packs in one zip and the missing screenshots for the changes to the other clans. I am going to grab some new screenshots and fix the first post in the process.

Datek's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Yeah, I realize it is getting out of hand. I originally planned to change just Oda, Shimazu, and Tokugawa. The rest just happened organically like the first post . I'd prefer just to have one pack but I know some like the different color variations. Also I can only add 10 attachments to the thread hense all packs in one zip and the missing screenshots for the changes to the other clans. I am going to grab some new screenshots and fix the first post in the process.
    Also agree- love the mod +rep! But it's a mess and I can't tell what is what. Time for a reorganization.
    Signature by Ceylankral

OK - first post is cleaned up. On a side note, does anyone know how to hide the UI? I am trying to take some screenshots and not having any luck finding the shortcut keys.
    Last edited by Zane; March 29, 2011 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    OK - first post is cleaned up. On a side note, does anyone know how to hide the UI? I am trying to take some screenshots and not having any luck finding the shortcut keys.
    Very nice! Makes it a lot easier for the people that stumble on it, and me as well.

P.S. I'm loving pack 10... Although some of the minor clans I don't remember what they looked like in vanilla so, I can't visually make a comparison in my head. Regardless, they all look great.
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

Spinescens's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Clan Color mod - Updated V10

Your doing us all a great service chookah, keep up the good work

I know it might be too much to have a screen for all the minor clans too, but just in general, what "rule" do you go by when recoloring them?
    Do you simply make them more naturally metallic, and less saturated but still keeping the core color? (such as the Asai purple, Amake yellow & blue etc)?
    Just wondering

I personally like the vanilla vibrant colors (because im weird), except for the ridiculously tasteless combinations like Date's yellow-purple and Oda's yellow-purple.
    But I am without a doubt going to play with this mod later on when the dx11 patch is out and "the real modding has begun", in short, when i'm as tired of the basic colors as you are, this mod will be a blessing!
    +rep

Very nice

All i need is CA's AA patch so i can enjoy its full splendor.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Zane - Pack 10 Crashes in All In One mod mate?? is this because of the other clans you have unlocked colours for maybe? hmm...