Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On Elves and their departure into the West

Default Re: On Elves and their departure into the West

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Nope, the code for immortality is included in Alex's .exe, so we can't just copy it and paste it in BI or somehow simulate it.
    Bummer.

Though one way to get around the pop thing, since the game doesn't have different species, one could train a human unit off somewhere and decom them in an elven town therefore they get pop and one can get more elf units.

Aradan has said that Elven cities will have a somewhat low population cap.
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Well, it's impossible to completely eliminate cheating by disbanding mannish troops in elven settlements - what we can do is set a limit on how much one can cheat.

I can imagine how much you hate this question, but is the release date for FATW 3.0 still set to be sometime this year?

Yes.

The date is not set in stone, because we really keep adding and improving things over and over and over (and we are a pretty small team), but the goal certainly is within 2011. Preferably before Skyrim gets released, because that's when I'll stop modding (and eating, sleeping, etc).

Yes.

The date is not set in stone, because we really keep adding and improving things over and over and over (and we are a pretty small team), but the goal certainly is within 2011. Preferably before Skyrim gets released, because that's when I'll stop modding (and eating, sleeping, etc).
    I hear ya

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Yes.

Oh, darn, I completely forgot about Skyrim. Now all of my projects need a new schedule, otherwise it's going to go wrong

Great to hear that the release is planned for 2011 still. Had no idea you guys were so far already

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

well, making a submod to fit FATW into Alex.exe just need minor file tweakings , and adding triggers that supply immortal traits for Elven FM's, and adding age as their traits instead

PS, Dwarves could use Immortal traits as well, but once they reach certain loop of time, they got trigger that remove their immortal traits, so they'll die at 200-300 y

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    well, making a submod to fit FATW into Alex.exe just need minor file tweakings , and adding triggers that supply immortal traits for Elven FM's, and adding age as their traits instead

PS, Dwarves could use Immortal traits as well, but once they reach certain loop of time, they got trigger that remove their immortal traits, so they'll die at 200-300 y
    If that could be implemented that would be really good! It could then be applied to men of Dunedanic and Numenorian descent.

I think we need another developer diary.
    Last edited by Revelo; March 25, 2011 at 06:55 AM.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Yes.

We are watching you, scum!
    And stop playing bloody Oblivion, N'wah!

EDIT: Sorry, somehow I can't reduce the size of this pic.

EDIT #2: This pic still makes me lmao.
    Last edited by Thangaror; March 25, 2011 at 12:22 PM.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

lol!

On the subject of Skyrim:

I have a friend like this, so I understand how addictive it is.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Morrowind, a game I consider to be my favourite of all time. At the risk of kissing the mods ass, Rome, BI and FATW are right up there too

I was looking through some of the older threads and I noticed that you said the music was being redone for 3.0. I have to ask, are you going to use any for Howard Shore's compositions? I can understand why you wouldn't want to use elements from the movies here, but Shore's work is one of the best soundtracks I have heard, surpassed only by Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky. (The Battle on the Ice or the Burning of Pskov tracks might work well for Adunabar. Hmmm.....)

No, due to copyright issues afaik. Also, whilst the soundtrack is absolutely awesome, in my opinion it doesn't really fit to a PC game and the FATW music is already great.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

^ That.

However, we have permission from two fan-made LotR-inspired films to use their soundtracks, which have similarities with Shore's. Plus, our music folder has grown quite a bit with some other very good pieces.

About the elven population and army, Tolkien didn't write a lot about the Fourth Age in Middle-earth, right ? Except that it will be the Age of human dominion, I know.

Can't we imagine that some Elves makes the choice to stay in Middle-Earth ? I think about the Nandor, and why not the Avari ? Even if a lot of Elves went to Valinor, can't we imagine that an Elven Kingdom will remain and stay strong in Middle-earth, as protectors, for example ? And what about a possible return of the elfs from Valinor, to defend Free Peoples if Adunabar became too strong, or if the survival of the elven community became in danger ?

I know that what I speak about don't agree a lot with Tolkien's vision of the Fourth Age, but I think it would be good for the player to "change the destiny" of Elves, or at least make the game experience more agreable than to play with a faction condemned to disappear.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Well, there IS a Elven faction in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    About the elven population and army, Tolkien didn't write a lot about the Fourth Age in Middle-earth, right ? Except that it will be the Age of human dominion, I know.

Can't we imagine that some Elves makes the choice to stay in Middle-Earth ? I think about the Nandor, and why not the Avari ? Even if a lot of Elves went to Valinor, can't we imagine that an Elven Kingdom will remain and stay strong in Middle-earth, as protectors, for example ? And what about a possible return of the elfs from Valinor, to defend Free Peoples if Adunabar became too strong, or if the survival of the elven community became in danger ?

I know that what I speak about don't agree a lot with Tolkien's vision of the Fourth Age, but I think it would be good for the player to "change the destiny" of Elves, or at least make the game experience more agreable than to play with a faction condemned to disappear.
    well, I'd love to play as elves and start going mad, butchering men, claiming middle earth for ourselves, and go invite Melkor back!

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Rahwana View Post
    well, I'd love to play as elves and start going mad, butchering men, claiming middle earth for ourselves, and go invite Melkor back!
    Pfft, Dwarves are much more badass then your pansy elves

Besides, just because the Elves of Middle-earth left for Valinor, doesn't mean they all did, remember several stayed in the east and became known as the Dark Elves since they never saw the light of the two trees, so no readon why you can't imagine some of them migrating

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast