Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: On Elves and their departure into the West

The_Valiant's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: On Elves and their departure into the West

We can also have wandering bands of dark elves moving to Mithlond. The elves were slow travelers...think how long it took them to reach Valinor when they were first summoned. It isn't inconceivable that they would settle, live a hundred years, and move on?

Point is, we can have elven half stacks emerging, or a rival elven faction emerging too. Just an idea.
    One's back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    - The Saga of Grettir the Strong

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

and I wonder, since Legolas and Gimli are nowhere arround, will Thranduil start kicking Dwarf again? I'd love to slaughter those dwarves without mercy, and exterminate their cities afterwards

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    and I wonder, since Legolas and Gimli are nowhere arround, will Thranduil start kicking Dwarf again? I'd love to slaughter those dwarves without mercy, and exterminate their cities afterwards
    Well, the unbreakable alliances planned are RK/Rohan and Dwarves/Dale. So it's quite possible that the old hatreds and rivallies between the Firstborn and the children of Aulė will be stirred up again. Of course such a war would be fought mostly between the mannish troops in their service.

and speaking of the elves / dwarves religion... will they are counted as... "men of the west?"

why not change into something as "good side" or "the light"?

------------------

BTW, something also stuck in my mind about elf population, if I put governor on elven cities and go enslave some mannish cities, their numbers will grow as well (not unlike manually disbanding troops)

- maybe if we can make the option is only either exterminate or peaceful occupy.... or at least make very harsh penalty for elves who enslave men (but not for exterminating them - sometimes, the orcish trait makes me bang my head when a sucessful RK general become hated upon exterminating Dunlendings...)

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

and speaking of the elves / dwarves religion... will they are counted as... "men of the west?"

why not change into something as "good side" or "the light"?
    As long as you're playing BI, more than 3 "religions" is possible. Just check out a few of the IB mods; some of them have 7+ religions

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    As long as you're playing BI, more than 3 "religions" is possible. Just check out a few of the IB mods; some of them have 7+ religions
    but I doubt if you just "liberate" former arnor cities from Dunlending oppresion, and there still much men of the west (and you're elf), they'll revolt because you aren't men

well well...

Any religions beyond the 3 first do not cause unrest though, so this unbalances the campaign.

And yes, the name of the religion has been changed of course, we are detail-freaks.

Disabling enslaving or exterminating isn't possible without scripts; the player will have to refrain from cheating. But anyway, even if you do enslave, the population in elves/dwarven settlement is coded in such a way that once it goes above a certain threshold, it will start going down again, no matter what.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Any religions beyond the 3 first do not cause unrest though, so this unbalances the campaign.

And yes, the name of the religion has been changed of course, we are detail-freaks.

Disabling enslaving or exterminating isn't possible without scripts; the player will have to refrain from cheating. But anyway, even if you do enslave, the population in elves/dwarven settlement is coded in such a way that once it goes above a certain threshold, it will start going down again, no matter what.
    Of course 1 or 2 turns after that is enough to recruit some extra Elven and Dwarven units in that event

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234