Thread: cpu usage problem

Prah's Avatar Civis

Default cpu usage problem

hi my pc is able to play shogun 2 on medium settings without any lag, but only for a short period of time!

the cpu usage is increasing with 50-100kb per second, no matter what i do, so i have to restart the game every 30minutes otherwise i get lag and after about 1-2h the game crashes.

when i check the resource monitor it seems that what uses most of my cpu is something called "system disruptions" (german: systemunterbrechungen), when scrolling over it it says "shelved and disrupted processes" (german: zurückgestellte prozeduraufrufe und unterbrochene dienstroutinen). my english isnt good enough to translate these terms correctly.

so it seems to me that my computer cant handle everything and is shelving some processes but this way the cpu usage is just constantly increasing. i have no idea why its doing this, the thing is, the same happens with low graphic settings, so im pretty sure its a problem with my pc or the preferences

i also tried to check whats going on with the microsoft windows performance toolkit, but it says what i already know, shogun 2 is using most of my cpu, which is not a problem but that the usage is increasing :/

specs:
    windows 7 64 bit
    ati hd 4600series
    Q8200
    6gb ram

i know its not the best gamer pc but if it is able to play the game for 10minutes why are the next 10 minutes laggy?

i hope someone knows this issue and can help

thank you very much
    prah

Default Re: cpu usage problem

Thats odd. A Q8200 isn't the best of the bunch, but it's still a decent quad core. I'm running a dual core and haven't had any issues with it. Then again it's overclocked to 3.9GHz and if I ever unlock it to a quad, I imagine it will be a monster. However a Q8200 shouldn't be to much of a problem for handling Shogun 2.

But um, CPU's aren't my speciality, so I can't quite figure out what might be wrong, but if I had to take a shot at it, I would say your system isn't giving the game enough CPU Power or something along those lines.

You could try ending the system disruptions process and see if that helps.
    Last edited by Blom89; March 21, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM