Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about my map? (DotS)

Default What do you think about my map? (DotS)

so i am designing a map for SS 6.4 and it about 90% done and just needs some small fixes like city garrisons. i haven't seen the DotS map yet but how does it look? i tried to make mine as historically accurate as i could and i tried to fix the borders somehow so players are able to recreate persia or rome and other empires.
    the black X's represent impassible.

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: what do you think about my map? (DotS)

Ooh, that looks like a nice map, never really liked the SS map for some reason. Just doesn't invite me, I suppose. That, and I don't like how for example the Moors have control far inland in Africa. Anyway, I think the DotS map is in quite a finished state, and they pride themselves for the high amount of research put in it and whatnot. You should check the map review if you're interested
    Also, DotS map doesn't go as far to the east as yours and includes Iceland, if I recall correctly.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Rinan View Post
    DotS map doesn't go as far to the east as yours and includes Iceland, if I recall correctly.
    Ours goes a bit further east than that, I think Merv is our most easterly settlement. We also include Kanem (further south than that map) just beyond the Sahara, we do include Iceland and Trondheim is probably the most northerly settlement. You can also march across the Sahara in our map, using many of the PSFs there as stopping points

Your map looks nice, it's difficult to say how historical a map is based on regions alone and that all has relevance to what historical context it's in. But I wish you luck with your work.

Sweden seems to be a bit too wide but still great work

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    so i am designing a map for SS 6.4 and it about 90% done and just needs some small fixes like city garrisons. i haven't seen the DotS map yet but how does it look? i tried to make mine as historically accurate as i could and i tried to fix the borders somehow so players are able to recreate persia or rome and other empires.
    The northern line of the Balkan provinces should lie along the Danube river, and the ERE should control Bulgaria. Also, the Crimea should be split into a coastal strip province, belonging to the Romans, with the rest of it being part of the Kievan province to the South. All of the Balkan provinces south of the Danube in modern Greece, Bulgaria and FYROMacedonia should be under Roman control, and all Anatolia should be Turkish or rebel, apart from Trebizond. Southern Italy is probably best rearranged into having Naples as a small enclave type province as you seem to have done for Ceuta, and a single large province made up of the rest of it. I'd consider removing a region or two from England and Iberia, and putting perhaps an extra province in south Italy, and another in the Balkans or Anatolia. But then, I'm biased as a Byzantine and Sicily player!
    Last edited by Giorgios; March 21, 2011 at 09:03 PM.

lol good ideas, when this mod is out i might twink the Dots map too, i tried to take the regions out of useless places like russia or africa and brough them to places like spain, middle east and central Europe since thats where most factions share. more regions=more conflict....and i LOVE conflict

i beg this team to make middle eastern factions more diverse because as a super power of their time they suck incredibly hard in vanilla and their units are so repetitive....
    besides that i look forward to your mod and perhaps adding my own changes to it as well when i get around to it but setting the regions rebel type is going to be a ....i completely forgot it refreshed for everywhere i validated so geomod wouldn't crash and now i have Saharan rebels in kiev

Honestly your borders don't look particularly historically accurate to me.

Not bad though. Definitely better than vanilla.

Evelien's Avatar Miles

I always dislike the Dutch regions in mods since it was split in so many small regions (they weren't united). And you made the northern part of Holland way to wide.

The rest seems good

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Every time I see a Medieval 2 map, I can't help but feel it's incredibly limited as compared to Europa Universalis.
    Here's just roughly the area covered by DotS, taken from Europa Universalis 3 (it covers the rest of the world as well, though):

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Every time I see a Medieval 2 map, I can't help but feel it's incredibly limited as compared to Europa Universalis.
    Well the solution is for you to learn enough programming for us to make a stand-alone game rather than a mod. We're waiting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Or we could just start modding Europa Universalis instead

Yeah! Europa Universalis and Total War in one game would be a wet dream to me

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Here's just roughly the area covered by DotS, taken from Europa Universalis 3 (it covers the rest of the world as well, though):
    your map is incredible and please give me the names of the citys of arabia in your map and what's the arabian citys in dots
    Last edited by ALFAJI; March 23, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    well nice map but in arabia its not that historic

you need to add the city of alyamamah and its in najed region

and alahsa and its in albahrin region and this region is form modern kuwait to the borders of oman

makkah and almadina and they are in alhijaz

nizwa in oman

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by ALFAJI View Post
    your map is incredible and please give me the names of the citys of arabia in your map
    It's not his map, it's part of Europa Universalis 3's map which covers the region of DotS

aha ok but do any one knows whats the names of the arabian city's in it and what's the arabian citys in dots

Quote Originally Posted by ALFAJI View Post
    aha ok but do any one knows whats the names of the arabian city's in it and what's the arabian citys in dots
    I have no idea what most of them are called, and I don't really have an inclination to check.

Miles

Do the map relay go that far north? I thought the most northerly city was Trondheim in this mod, and that city is in the middle of Norway.

Yeah, the DotS map doesn't go quite as far north as the one I posted.

rssss who wouldn´t love a map like this in medieval ???
    my dream map...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast