Thread: Hit detection

Default Hit detection

Wouldent it be cool if the soldiers died from a actuall hit to a vulnerable spot on his body? not just some random hits like RTW

like soldiers die after a arrow has gone thru his armour or a macemen swings on a knight causing him to collapse of the power.

This would lead to some serious fighting and battles.
    check my "only 1 settlement" thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30259

I think that would be pretty cool, if CA says is accurate (sorry I'm tired) that should be the case for m2tw, like blocking, combos, and parries. It would be nice to see the different effect of weapons, like if you get hit by a mace you go flying (not too much) to the ground, and it would also be nice to see crowding being a factor too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory inspired by Archer
    How much will I pay to sit in front of a TV and chase polygons?

Yea i hated when 1000 arrows hit a naked barbarian and he was like new , but i tihnk this is a bit hard to program.

History is a set of lies agreed upon.
    - Nappy B.

The only fact in history.

It sounds good but i think you need processors that are much faster at calculating such obscure information for 1000s of models. This is something for the future Total War series.

Echolyn's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by optimax
    It sounds good but i think you need processors that are much faster at calculating such obscure information for 1000s of models. This is something for the future Total War series.
    Well the processors don't need to calculate 1000s, only the models that are in closeup so about 100 tops, because you don't see or need to see the ones that are too far away, imho... So i think it's possible, but don't know how much of a strain that is for the processor.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

This wouldn't work as the models used in the RTW engine cant support this, as is show by the clipping problems. Theunits can go through each other and have spears go through shields and stuff because as far as i can tell they have no mass. This is impossible.

But CA have said that in MTW2, units will fight each other properly, instead of just randomly slashing with weapons.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.