Thread: ERROR

Default ERROR

OK here it goes. I bought shogun limited edtiion. Have the cd took 1hr to install. I launched it played a few games for bout 1hr went off. Now here is where the problem arose. There was no icon on desktop so i made a shortcut so it will launch that was fine. But very recently when i have launched shogun and go into multiplayer i get an error. The screen goes black and a box opens up. It says if i want to reprt the error so microsoft can anaylyse it and fix it. So i do report it. I launch the geame again and again same thing. NOTE this does not happen all the time but 75% of the time it does. Im not sure how to fix. I reinstealled it took 10min but same problem. I am lucky as sometimes this doesn not happen but i crashed from a game due to this and i dont want to be seen as a dishonorble coward. I just wanna play the game.

Now im not sure if its becaue im using the shortcut/icon which i got from my steam apps or because my comp is nt gd enough. I ran the demo fine np. I previously went into my steam library and launched game from there. Cant remem if i had the same problem.

If anyone can help it will be very much appreciated thnx.

DO i need to completely uninstall and reinstall or i heard CTRL ALT DEL. And run again. But im not sure if this was what there talkin bout

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: ERROR

Launch the game through Steam if you don't have a shortcut. The game needs Steam to be active anyway - in either on-line of off-line modes.

You need to go on-line to change Steam to off-line.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Hmm i will try that. But i created the shortcut thas how i launch it I might post a youtube vid about it

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I looked at the Shortcut that Steam created and compared it to one that I created and they are different.

The one that was created during the install is on the top here and the one I created from the exe is the one on the bottom:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edited: The second shortcut does work - it does also launch Steam.
    Last edited by Brusilov; March 22, 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here