Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer update announcement from CA

CA Developer Icon Multiplayer update announcement from CA

Hi all,

I just wanted to officially jump in and let you all know that we are aware of the MP issues that have been flagged up in the various forums and are currently doing our utmost to rectify them as soon as possible. We conducted an extensive multiplayer BETA test in the months prior to release, but some new problems (primarily due to the extreme extra demand on our servers at release) have surfaced. We apologise for any inconvenience and/or annoyance this may have caused and can assure you that fixes will be patched in as soon as is possible. We are ready to release the first update (with a number of major fixes) imminently. This should be out within a week. The fixes for this first update are:

-All stats should report correctly
    -All avatars being flagged as ‘dishonourable cowards’ fixed. This will be removed from all existing avatars. [Incidentally, this trait has no actual effect in- game]
    -Avatar cost contributing to naval battle funds fixed.
    -Occasional inability to add avatar skills has been fixed.

There are a number of additional issues that we are looking at for a subsequent update. These include: fixing use of global regions for the chat channels and battle lists; fixing the leaderboard and general crashes and matchmaking problems. We will release a bigger list of these issues in due course. This second update should be available within a few weeks.

Please note that the blue screen issue that a number of users have identified has been tested extensively and we have determined that this is actually caused by old drivers or an outdated motherboard BIOS. Upgrading your BIOS is something you should be careful with, and users are individually responsible for this. Please seek advice from your computer manufacturer's technical support department on this.

As I’m sure you have all seen, there are many new features within the multiplayer – many of which involve a significant burden on our central servers. We have all worked very hard to make the multiplayer for Shogun 2 special and I can assure you that we are currently fixing the problems with a high amount of urgency. Please bear with us for the next few days/weeks while we rectify this.

Regards,

IanRoxCA
    Multiplayer Lead Designer

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Multiplayer update announcement from CA

thanks for the heads up.

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Great! Thanks for the update.
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

Sweet +rep

Is anything getting reset?
    I'd like the stats to be, but not the avatar progress (xp and unlocks).
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Thanks and can't wait for the Shogun ladder to be up and running.

Shiloh's Avatar Senator

Nice detailed update....thanks.
    www.totalgettysburg.com
    Take an in-depth look at the Battle of Gettysburg in the American Civil War. This site is dedicated to education and the conservation of Civil War battlefields.

www.youtube.com/twbattles
    View Total War battle commentary videos on an epic scale.

Thanks for the update, if you read this please know how much it means to the players when game companies show that they are looking at various forums and taking note of what players say. It means that we are being heard and we respect you for that. So thanks

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

It'll be great once all the bugs are cleared up.

Mwulf's Avatar Civis

I'd like to see a patch that gets rid of all the online-only maps: they suck.

Or, conversely, a mod that punishes players or prevents players from, you know--not moving from their starting position. Let me know when either of those things happen, and maybe I'll give MP another shot.
    "What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power, and those who flatter them, hide in safe places and extol war--people who force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, sending them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war... mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites?"
    -Yang Wen-Li

Wonderful news, I've been avoiding multiplayer as of late because of the bugs, but once this patch is out, I can't wait to get back.

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Thanks for the update!
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

Miles

thanks for the heads up!

goro's Avatar Tribunus

will the clan league stats be updated right after our battles and correctly?stats sometimes update after hours and it really messes up strategy if you got lots of members fighting at the same time

vonPauluS's Avatar Civis

Those r really expressive news! Especially subsequent update! Keep going this way CA! Looking forward upcoming update!

Ian Rox, will there be any singleplayer patch adding some of the multiplayer features such as customizing your daymio/general, or even recoloring your veteran units? Will there also be a patch adressing that some units are missing in the campaign, which are tho in the encyclopedia?

This would be nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwulf View Post
    I'd like to see a patch that gets rid of all the online-only maps: they suck.

Or, conversely, a mod that punishes players or prevents players from, you know--not moving from their starting position. Let me know when either of those things happen, and maybe I'll give MP another shot.
    What do you want CA to do, individually monitor every game and prompt a user to move from his or her starting position?

And besides, whilst camping is condemned widely, it's not against any rules - so why should anyone have the power to stop anyone else from doing it.

Noob tactics are for noobs, if you can't counter them then maybe that's your problems and not CA's.

1. Can you make your statement about only 1 core usage in the game?
    2. Can you take a look at game stability for OCed configs? I and some other people noticed computer reboots or shut downs only at S2 after OCing their systems.

There seems to be a bug that you cant have more than one rocket unit when will this be fixed just kidding

Well that's a good sign. Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast