Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    You need to patch Kingdoms to the 1.5 version. This bug occur when a faction has the Teutonic family tree and their faction leader dies.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96588

I'm not sure why the Mongol Bodyguard can't fire arrows. I'll have to test it.

Unsure how to fix problems with the AI.

These things happen. I really need to learn how to edit things on the battlemap.

You can change this by editing the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml.

Any entry begining with '<factor name="SPF_' controls population growth. For example:

Code:
          <factor name="SPF_FARMING_LEVEL">
             <pip_modifier value="1.0"/>
           <castle_modifier value="0.8"/>
           <city_modifier value="0.6"/>
           <pip_min value="0"/>
             <pip_max value="3"/>
          </factor>
    To reduce growth either reduce the 'pip_modifier value' (how much each growth icon is worth) or the 'pip_max value' (the maximum bonus per settlement). The castle_modifier and city_modifier let you set different growth rates for cities and castles.
    But i HAVE 1.5 kingdoms. (atleast i think so because i have gold edition)

Quote Originally Posted by tianzong View Post
    But i HAVE 1.5 kingdoms. (atleast i think so because i have gold edition)
    The easy way to tell which version of Kingdoms you have is to open the folder for Medieval II that you're using for the mod and right click on the kingdoms.exe file, then click on the properties option that appears in the menu. From there click on the tab at the top of the properties that is labelled Details and it will tell you the version that you are using. If you do have v1.5, it should tell you so in the Details and will probably look like the picture I have attached to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    The easy way to tell which version of Kingdoms you have is to open the folder for Medieval II that you're using for the mod and right click on the kingdoms.exe file, then click on the properties option that appears in the menu. From there click on the tab at the top of the properties that is labelled Details and it will tell you the version that you are using. If you do have v1.5, it should tell you so in the Details and will probably look like the picture I have attached to this post.
    Hey thanks i've checked it now it seems that i have 1.3. Sorry for bothering Uanime5 and thanks kdub22

Hey guys, First of all thanks for the great mod, i'm enjoying it a lot.

ok now about my problem, I'm playing the 1220 campaign at the moment as Despotate of Epirus and my early general unit is missing some it's textures. the horses are textured, the officers, only the soldiers are not except for their helmets. the Empire of Nicae which seem to use the same models/textures i believe, they show up just fine. Can someone help? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SlartyBartfast View Post
    Just a quick couple of things I've noticed during the Mongol Invasion campaign:
    The Cambodian general is missing a body. He just has legs and a head! And there are no trees on any of the Indian and Cambodian battle maps, only huge rocks with big holes in them. Also I think the Despotate of Epirus bodyguard was silvery.
    The problem with the Cambodian general and king is that for some reason M2TW didn't like the legs of this mesh. I explain how to fix this below.

I don't know how to edit the battle maps so I can't add more trees to this region or remove the rocks.

The Despotate of Epirus' bodyguard is missing its texture. I explain how to fix this below.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Kree View Post
    Hey guys, First of all thanks for the great mod, i'm enjoying it a lot.

ok now about my problem, I'm playing the 1220 campaign at the moment as Despotate of Epirus and my early general unit is missing some it's textures. the horses are textured, the officers, only the soldiers are not except for their helmets. the Empire of Nicae which seem to use the same models/textures i believe, they show up just fine. Can someone help? thanks in advance.
    I forgot to assign a texture to the Despotate of Epirus' bodyguard.

To fix both of these problems download the unit_models.rar, unpack it, and put the 'unit_models' folder in the 'Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data' folder. Overwrite the existing files.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

Cheers a lot, Uanime. You're a good .
    "Huh?"

Yup it worked, Thanks a lot Uanime, appreciate it

I have noticed that in many of the campaigns, if not all, that mangonels make no noise at all, whether they are moving or firing. It can be a little frustrating when your own mangonel bombs kill your last survivng family member because you had not realized one had exploded nearby.
    "Huh?"

I have noticed that in many of the campaigns, if not all, that mangonels make no noise at all, whether they are moving or firing. It can be a little frustrating when your own mangonel bombs kill your last survivng family member because you had not realized one had exploded nearby.
    I think a bigger problem might be that you use mangonels. lol they're the worst siege weapon out there in my opinion.

Ha, I thought so too, which is why it's taken me so long to find out they don't make any noise. They're wildly innacurate, great for killing your own troops, and they leave nasty little burny patches all over the field, which your king's horse is bound to step on. However, I have found that, if used properly, mangonels can be very effective, killing an average of 200 troops per battle. Obviously tightly packed units are good targets. And because a general cares little for his or her mangonel, it can be left in front of the main battle line to draw fire and assaults. Simply withdraw your operators when the enemy draws too near, and then order your men back to their machines once the enemy recedes; an enemy, might I add, who is wandering around on burny mangonel patches. You're right though, a mangonel can't be used to assault walls.
    "Huh?"

Ha, I thought so too, which is why it's taken me so long to find out they don't make any noise. They're wildly innacurate, great for killing your own troops, and they leave nasty little burny patches all over the field, which your king's horse is bound to step on. However, I have found that, if used properly, mangonels can be very effective, killing an average of 200 troops per battle. Obviously tightly packed units are good targets. And because a general cares little for his or her mangonel, it can be left in front of the main battle line to draw fire and assaults. Simply withdraw your operators when the enemy draws too near, and then order your men back to their machines once the enemy recedes; an enemy, might I add, who is wandering around on burny mangonel patches. You're right though, a mangonel can't be used to assault walls.
    Exactly. I find them to be a lot like rocket launchers and ribaults. In that they are quite single purpose and aren't as versatile as weapons like catapults and cannons.

But, like rocket launchers and ribaults, when you have them working effectively they're a lot of fun -- just not as much fun without any sound.
    "Huh?"

But, like rocket launchers and ribaults, when you have them working effectively they're a lot of fun -- just not as much fun without any sound.
    Oh yeah, for sure. They're fun when they work. I just tend to not use them as often because I'd rather use catapults, trebuchets and cannons. They may not do quite as much damage in certain aspects, but I find them easier to aim and I can use them in both land and siege battles.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    Oh yeah, for sure. They're fun when they work. I just tend to not use them as often because I'd rather use catapults, trebuchets and cannons. They may not do quite as much damage in certain aspects, but I find them easier to aim and I can use them in both land and siege battles.
    The ribaults and rockets have sound, but the mangonels do not have sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetblowdryer View Post
    The ribaults and rockets have sound, but the mangonels do not have sound.
    Yes, I know. At that point I was more talking to him about the use of those units, in general.

Hello. Just want to say that I much like the mod, but the non combat AI is a total catastrophe.

What happened was I started a campaign with Croatia, instantly noticed that most cities are well developed and that you get 5k each turn. At turn 2 I was convinced it was a bad idea.

So anyway, turn 3, venice decides to lay siege on castle. I was very excited when I saw how many units they mustered, not to mention I was outnumbered.

The siege starts. As much as I enjoyed repelling the Venetians, I was a tad bit disappointed when I repelled a much larger force without losing even 10% of my(starting) army.

The AI is not really to blame. The culprit was the fact Venetians attacked me mainly with levies. I see what you guys were going for, at that time in middle ages, armies were largely composed of levies. But would they also be composed of levies while on a campaign? I don't think so. Not like this anyway. The feature seems artificial and somewhat forced. I checked and battled a few other armies, and they are mainly composed of levies too.

Turn 4 - Venice and another faction, forgot it's name, are eliminated. Just like that.(Though I suspect HRE did it.)

That was sort of a game breaker for me, as I was hoping for an addictive, long campaign.

I played with everything on very hard.

Anyway, the mod is otherwise awesome. Love the new units and cannot wait for you to fix the problems.
    Last edited by YourStepDad; May 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM.

one bug that encountered as castille in the 1200 AD campaign and when i was battling in north africa there was snow and pine trees? is there a fix to this?

Uanime always says that he doesn't know how to mod the maps. One day perhaps some kind and knowledgeable person will step in and help out... Until then, I just treat it as somewhat of a fantasy scenario, eg two Arabic factions fighting in the snow and pine trees; or two Baltic factions struggling amidst the sand and date palms.
    "Huh?"

TW_User's Avatar Libertus

The horses of the Bodyguards of the Kazakh Empire are silver, too (1547 campaign).
    http://&#91;IMG]http://www7.pic-upload.d....png&#91;/IMG]
    German Medieval: 2 Total War Freak and Modder