Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Hello, I have installed the latest patch and given a try to 1230 campaign.

despotate of epirus and empire of nicea still have east asian music and can recruit some korean units in constantinople (they are recruitable in the noble barracks).

song have middle eastern music in campaign, but east asian music in battle.

jin have european music in campaign.

minor issues by the way, I just report them.

Is there any possibility of changing AI merchant behaviour? They are rabid and seem determined to assault other merchants ceaselessly, and I have not once seen them fail in their asset thefts. This doesn't seem hardcoded, as it wasn't a problem in vanilla.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

It's trure, in 1230 campaign u cannot load saved games using Song dynasty…………
    N' I see the introduction to Song dynasty: What could possiblly go wrong^^

Quote Originally Posted by Colinhector View Post
    yup, I open new game , choose song, and i save and load, it will auto appear eror and exit.
    Mod that feature Asian will be great, especially Japan,Chinese and Korean.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
    uanime5, Whether in a patch 2.3.1 were change in a folder text (it very important as I do transfer into Russian-speaking players) ???
    The only change was the descriptions of the Thai units. So you only need to find the '{Thai_' entries in the export_units.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulakanakulot View Post
    Hello, I have installed the latest patch and given a try to 1230 campaign.

despotate of epirus and empire of nicea still have east asian music and can recruit some korean units in constantinople (they are recruitable in the noble barracks).

song have middle eastern music in campaign, but east asian music in battle.

jin have european music in campaign.

minor issues by the way, I just report them.
    The Korean units aren't difficult to fix.

Most of these errors are sound errors so I'll try remaking the sound files to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by King Musa View Post
    Is there any possibility of changing AI merchant behaviour? They are rabid and seem determined to assault other merchants ceaselessly, and I have not once seen them fail in their asset thefts. This doesn't seem hardcoded, as it wasn't a problem in vanilla.
    The descr_campaign_db.xml influences how successful merchants will be. It also effects the circumstances they are willing to try to take a merchant's assets. They usually won't try unless they have a 70-80% chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by kkchen88 View Post
    yup, I open new game , choose song, and i save and load, it will auto appear eror and exit.
    Not sure what could be causing this. I'll need to investigate further.

UPDATE: something is definitely wrong with the 1230 campaign but not the 1326 campaign. I'll have to check every file that's different for these two campaigns until I find the one that is causing the problem.
    Last edited by uanime5; April 13, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

I figured out what is causing the 1230 campaign to crash. One of the victory conditions contained a region that didn't exist. I've made the 2.3.2 patch to fix this error.

To install download the Conquest patch 2.3.2.rar attached to this post, unpack it, and put all the files in the 'mods\conquest\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data'). Overwrite the existing files.
    Last edited by uanime5; April 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I figured out what is causing the 1230 campaign to crash. One of the victory conditions contained a region that didn't exist. I've made the 2.3.2 patch to fix this error.

To install download the Conquest patch 2.3.3.rar attached to this post, unpack it, and put all the files in the 'mods\conquest\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data'). Overwrite the existing files.
    So it can fix the problem of loading saved game? I mean in the 1230 campaign

Song Imperial Infantry has phalanx...But is also an archer unit, causing it to be totally unable to do anything, and crash when it is attacked.

THe 2.3.2 patch doesn't work, because once option for campaign is picked in Conquest XP bat, it automically close back to desktop.

Hello,
    I'm having some problems with song imperial infantry as well: when I first order them to fire, they assume the aiming posture but they don't shot any arrows, even if the target is in range. If I order them to move or attack they don't do anything, independently from any skirmish/non skirmish, flame arrow/normal arrow, stand ground/attack at will options. Once I ordered them to stop after having ordered movement, the game crashed to desktop.

Then I removed the start_phalanxing attribute from their entry in the EDU file, and subsequently in battle they could fire arrows, but they still don't move, and another in-battle ctd happened.

The Song imperial infantry really have an problem, it can shoot, but when i click alt and atk(melee), it not move, and when enemy approach it will auto exit
    Korean Royal guard also have an problem, it will auto exit the game when u click alt atk(melee) the enemy(when success charging the enemy, problem will occur)
    hope can fix it,

So it can fix the problem of loading saved game? I mean in the 1230 campaign
    I'm unsure. It would be easier if you try to load the save game and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by localsoxfan View Post
    THe 2.3.2 patch doesn't work, because once option for campaign is picked in Conquest XP bat, it automically close back to desktop.
    Have you tried using the True Conquest.bat attached to the bottom of the first post of this thread?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=278124

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Song Imperial Infantry has phalanx...But is also an archer unit, causing it to be totally unable to do anything, and crash when it is attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulakanakulot View Post
    Hello,
    I'm having some problems with song imperial infantry as well: when I first order them to fire, they assume the aiming posture but they don't shot any arrows, even if the target is in range. If I order them to move or attack they don't do anything, independently from any skirmish/non skirmish, flame arrow/normal arrow, stand ground/attack at will options. Once I ordered them to stop after having ordered movement, the game crashed to desktop.

Then I removed the start_phalanxing attribute from their entry in the EDU file, and subsequently in battle they could fire arrows, but they still don't move, and another in-battle ctd happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkchen88 View Post
    The Song imperial infantry really have an problem, it can shoot, but when i click alt and atk(melee), it not move, and when enemy approach it will auto exit
    Korean Royal guard also have an problem, it will auto exit the game when u click alt atk(melee) the enemy(when success charging the enemy, problem will occur)
    hope can fix it,
    It seems that phalanx formation causes problems for archers. Fixing this isn't difficult.

The problem with the Korean Royal guard is that I gave them an officer with a missile weapon which always causes a crash.

To fix both of these errors download the 'Conquest patch 2.3.3.rar' attached to this post, unpack it, and put all the files in the 'mods\conquest\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data'). Overwrite the existing files.

The 'battle_models 2.3.3.rar' is designed to reduce the amount of memory needed to play battles. However it will change to sprites at a closer distance. I uploaded it because I made some changed to the battle_models.modeldb in the 2.3.3 version. To install download the 'battle_models 2.3.3.rar', unpack it, and put the 'battle_models_modeldb' in the 'mods\conquest\data\unit_models' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\unit_models'). Overwrite the existing files.
    Last edited by uanime5; April 17, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Thank Unime5 for fix those problem, but can i know where can i put Battle model?

I have done a brief test, it seems that song imperial infantry works fine now, can move, fire and attack normally, no ctd.
    thanks.

Sorry I thought I posted this.

To install download the 'battle_models 2.3.3.rar', unpack it, and put the 'battle_models_modeldb' in the 'mods\conquest\data\unit_models' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\unit_models'). Overwrite the existing files.
    Last edited by uanime5; April 18, 2011 at 06:24 AM.

Down load the 2.3.2 , 2.3.3 and model packs, and copy to the files, then choose 1326 ,in loading screen it jump back to the windows... and same for all other compaigns......

problems solved, forgot to copy some files from 2.3.1...
    Last edited by Deevil's Whisper; April 18, 2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: problems solved

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I'm unsure. It would be easier if you try to load the save game and find out.

Have you tried using the True Conquest.bat attached to the bottom of the first post of this thread?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=278124

It seems that phalanx formation causes problems for archers. Fixing this isn't difficult.

The problem with the Korean Royal guard is that I gave them an officer with a missile weapon which always causes a crash.

To fix both of these errors download the 'Conquest patch 2.3.3.rar' attached to this post, unpack it, and put all the files in the 'mods\conquest\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data'). Overwrite the existing files.

The 'battle_models 2.3.3.rar' is designed to reduce the amount of memory needed to play battles. However it will change to sprites at a closer distance. I uploaded it because I made some changed to the battle_models.modeldb in the 2.3.3 version. To install download the 'battle_models 2.3.3.rar', unpack it, and put the 'battle_models_modeldb' in the 'mods\conquest\data\unit_models' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\unit_models'). Overwrite the existing files.
    thx buddy, with the new patch 2.3.1_2.3.3 installed all problems solved!No more crash during the loading process! THANKS!!!
    PLUS: In the next edition, could u consider maybe deleting the southern Africa??? It's just with the Asia_Euro_Afric huge scale, the map seems too stretched out I mean flat

I give up, it used to be fine playing it until I installed 2.3 and it seems everything went downhill from there. Here is a log for my crashes to desktop mode if you are interested into looking at it.

A few issues (once again, with the Mughal Empire)
    Crowning doesn't happen even when the leader is alone in the capital (both Delhi and Quetta) for long periods. Generals don't increase in loyalty when in the homeland.

Also, you should make the roads in northern India all highways, as Sher Shah Suri only recently built the Grand Trunk Road (Called the Sadak-e-Azam in this time). The Sadak-e-Azam should extend through the entire Suri Dynasty out to Quetta. Other than that, everything is fine!
    Last edited by BATUBATUBATU; May 07, 2011 at 12:53 PM.

Default I do not get a error message

It does not give me a error log or message. I see the DOS load up screen with all the files copying, then the 4 Khanates load wall paper screen, then the desktop.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26