Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Well, I finally managed to get the mod installed after doing everything over again.

Problem occurs when trying to load saved game and it automically goes blank back into desktop mode. Here is a system log for displaying it.

Foederatus

NO lods and lack of much units sprites, so, although my computer turn m2tw really well, the mod cause my computer to be overloadedwith some units.

The game crashes after a while of playing.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

it happened when i was england vs scotland...it was the 1547 campaign so it was an army of what all my territories started with shoved together..which i THINK was essentially muskets, arquebusiers, heavy billmen...etc and it was by like turn 2 so it was just scotlands starting ones too...
    cant check because i have no acess to my laptop..but it was just the starting units that england has in its cities..
    i also have stainless steel installed, maybe that is interferring in some way?

prussia 1547 campaign:

- druzhina cavalry in ottoman employ fight with their fists.

- dismounted ritterbrudder fight like they have a two handed weapon, but actually they have a normal sword and a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt Thomas View Post
    Hello. I started the company for 970 year and that's what I found:
    Here's another:
    In Kievan Rus unit Dismounted Polish Nobles should not be! But by building a barracks in the city Halych I, for some reason, I can urge them!
    These are both texture errors. I can easily fix them.

Polish Nobles can be recruited by non-Polish factions who control Polish regions. This is because in most campaigns they're the only unit that can be recruited in a Polish barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by localsoxfan View Post
    Well, I finally managed to get the mod installed after doing everything over again.

Problem occurs when trying to load saved game and it automically goes blank back into desktop mode. Here is a system log for displaying it.
    The changes I made aren't save game compatible, so if you try to load a 2.2 save file it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotski12 View Post
    NO lods and lack of much units sprites, so, although my computer turn m2tw really well, the mod cause my computer to be overloadedwith some units.
    I can make a version of this mod that will use sprites as a closer distance if you want me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherblaze View Post
    The game crashes after a while of playing.
    Which campaign and had any factions been destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    it happened when i was england vs scotland...it was the 1547 campaign so it was an army of what all my territories started with shoved together..which i THINK was essentially muskets, arquebusiers, heavy billmen...etc and it was by like turn 2 so it was just scotlands starting ones too...
    cant check because i have no acess to my laptop..but it was just the starting units that england has in its cities..
    i also have stainless steel installed, maybe that is interferring in some way?
    It's unlikely that SS is interfering. Most likely I've incorrectly assigned an officer to one of the units, which is why I needed to know which units were in the army.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulakanakulot View Post
    prussia 1547 campaign:

- druzhina cavalry in ottoman employ fight with their fists.

- dismounted ritterbrudder fight like they have a two handed weapon, but actually they have a normal sword and a shield.
    The Druzina cavalry have the wrong mesh assigned to them.

The dismounted Ritterbrudder have the wrong animation assigned to them.

Both of these errors can easily be fixed.

I'm planning to release a patch to fix all these errors. It's currently being beta tested.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I can make a version of this mod that will use sprites as a closer distance if you want me to.
    Please do so. This mod is one of the really rare that takes account of renaissance.
    It may be good if you allow more compatibility for peoples that doesn't buy a new computer every 6 months.

Icon4 Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

uanime5, can you made in next path that when the last city of some faction has been seized - faction not die untill the last family member will be killed?
    Here is some problems:

Playing 970 campaign playing as Norway; I can neither attack nor infiltrate the settlement of Orleans, maybe because of the woods surrounding the town.
    I can't also raise my pagan religion above 35% in most of my conquered regions. Is this intended?

I also played Sweden a bit, but with the problem that I had 4 CTDs, none of them repeatable, while I was waiting for my next turn.
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.

Hello uanime5,

I'm taking a look at the byzantine units, 1230 campaign, it seems that the archontopoulai horseman is silver, even if there is an archontopoulai entry in the battle_models file; I noticed this when I changed the stratiotai horseman from the vanilla one to the archontopoulai one in the 1230 EDU (I still haven't tried the ''true'' archontopoulai in battle anyway).

concerning the byzantine rooster, I have noticed that you implemented some CBUR units (if my memory serves me well) and unit info cards, but there are still some units that look vanilla on the battlefield (bodyguards, stratiotai, varangian guards_ug1); could you implement the CBUR models for these units a well?

concerning the persian diqan lancers in ilkhanid 1331 campaign: I have noticed that the horse is more heavily armoured than the horseman, might I suggest to give them an unarmoured horse (and lower their armour value)?

sorry if some of my points are out of thread.
    cheers
    Last edited by Ulakanakulot; April 01, 2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: correction

Greetings, uanime5. This is a truly great mod, I just want to point out that in the 1080. campaign, the names for the Croatian faction are wrong.

Great work~ nice new campaigns for 2.3~!

A few bugs I've found:

4 Khanates: Great Yuan banner shows "大宛", It should be "大元", the first one was a kingdom’s name in west of China in about 100 BC. And can't recuit merchants.

All Campaigns, Dismount Bagutar of all mongols factions (I forgot how to spell...), can't even bit the same level infantry, with spearman model and no ap, it doesn't fit the mace weapon and high price.
    and mongol archers have no shield defence, but in model of battle they have shield in hand...

Mongol Invasion: Different to Japan and Korea, Song and Jin's religion were both pagan, buddaist were not major religion, in china region, it was actully kind free for all religion types, for example Song was the "Daoist or Taoist" play in big parts (same in Ming time), and Jin was still mainly belive in Shamans. But it's only suggestions, not effect game play anyway.

Crusades campaigns: when army contains Russian Dismount senior druzhina, go into battle cause game crash out
    Last edited by Deevil's Whisper; April 05, 2011 at 05:40 AM.

1230 Mongols invasion campaign, play Song faction, can't load saved games
    Last edited by Deevil's Whisper; April 05, 2011 at 04:34 AM.

Renesans's Avatar Civis

At game for Byzantium has seen such bug - soldiers without structures
    Screenshot:
    Last edited by Renesans; April 06, 2011 at 07:50 AM.

Renesans's Avatar Civis

[QUOTE=Renesans;9328839]At game for Byzantium has seen such bug - soldiers without structures
    Screenshot:

Icon4 Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Renesans's Avatar Civis

Bug with the interface in game after which game ceases to work

I've released a 2.3.1 patch to try to fix the bugs mentioned in this thread. it can be downloaded here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2gx46gb0r7lz2hp

To install download the 'conquest patch 2.3.1.7z', unpack it, and put all the files in the 'mods\conquest\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data').

This patch is not save game compatible.

Let me know if this doesn't fix any of the bugs.

I plan to update the downloads page as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotski12 View Post
    Please do so. This mod is one of the really rare that takes account of renaissance.
    It may be good if you allow more compatibility for peoples that doesn't buy a new computer every 6 months.
    I've made a new version of the battle_model.modeldb which will use sprites sooner. Hopefully this should fix your problem.

Install the 2.3.1 patch before installing the new battle_model.modeldb.

To install download the 'battle_models.rar', unpack it, and put the 'battle_models_modeldb' in the 'mods\conquest\data\unit_models' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\unit_models'). Overwrite the existing files.

uanime5, can you made in next path that when the last city of some faction has been seized - faction not die untill the last family member will be killed?
    Here is some problems:
    Making all the factions into horde factions will take a while to make so it won't be included in the 2.3.1 patch, as it's mostly bug fixes.

The problems are due to the mesh I'm using for the border horse (I don't know which texture it needs). You can fix it by going to the 'mods\conquest\data\unit_models\_units\en_peasant_padded' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\unit_models\_units\en_peasant_padded') and renaming all the 'border_horse_' mesh files '1border_horse_'.

Quote Originally Posted by Moritol View Post
    Playing 970 campaign playing as Norway; I can neither attack nor infiltrate the settlement of Orleans, maybe because of the woods surrounding the town.
    I can't also raise my pagan religion above 35% in most of my conquered regions. Is this intended?

I also played Sweden a bit, but with the problem that I had 4 CTDs, none of them repeatable, while I was waiting for my next turn.
    That's a bug which I fixed in the 2.3.1 patch. Since I added dense forests this settlement became unreachable.

If you can't raise the level of paganism this may be because there are a lot of nearby regions that are a different religion (regions convert regions that border them) or there are enemy priests in your region.

Without an error log this will be difficult to try to fix. It's probably a trait error but determining the cause will be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulakanakulot View Post
    Hello uanime5,

I'm taking a look at the byzantine units, 1230 campaign, it seems that the archontopoulai horseman is silver, even if there is an archontopoulai entry in the battle_models file; I noticed this when I changed the stratiotai horseman from the vanilla one to the archontopoulai one in the 1230 EDU (I still haven't tried the ''true'' archontopoulai in battle anyway).
    The archontopoulai only has a Byzantine texture in the battle_models file, while the stratiotai uses a mercenary texture. The easiest way to fix this is to edit the battle_models so both have a 'byzantium' and 'merc' texture.

concerning the byzantine rooster, I have noticed that you implemented some CBUR units (if my memory serves me well) and unit info cards, but there are still some units that look vanilla on the battlefield (bodyguards, stratiotai, varangian guards_ug1); could you implement the CBUR models for these units a well?
    As I can easily implement this I've added it to the 2.3.1 patch.

concerning the persian diqan lancers in ilkhanid 1331 campaign: I have noticed that the horse is more heavily armoured than the horseman, might I suggest to give them an unarmoured horse (and lower their armour value)?
    I see what you mean. They now have an unarmoured horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekke View Post
    Greetings, uanime5. This is a truly great mod, I just want to point out that in the 1080. campaign, the names for the Croatian faction are wrong.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why they're using the wrong names.

Quote Originally Posted by Deevil's Whisper View Post
    4 Khanates: Great Yuan banner shows "大宛", It should be "大元", the first one was a kingdom’s name in west of China in about 100 BC. And can't recuit merchants.
    I guess that's what happens you search for Yuan using Google, rather than using Wikipedia.

I forgot to add the East Asian factions to the buildings that let you recruit merchants. I can easily fix this.

All Campaigns, Dismount Bagutar of all mongols factions (I forgot how to spell...), can't even bit the same level infantry, with spearman model and no ap, it doesn't fit the mace weapon and high price.
    and mongol archers have no shield defence, but in model of battle they have shield in hand...
    This error occurred because I changed the battle models of the Mongols but forgot to update their stats. I've updated them and reduced their costs.

Mongol Invasion: Different to Japan and Korea, Song and Jin's religion were both pagan, buddaist were not major religion, in china region, it was actully kind free for all religion types, for example Song was the "Daoist or Taoist" play in big parts (same in Ming time), and Jin was still mainly belive in Shamans. But it's only suggestions, not effect game play anyway.
    There are several regions why I did this:

1) M2TW isn't designed for factions that had multiple religions, unlike RTW. So multiple religions just cause high levels of unrest.

2) There's also a limit on how many religions you can have.

3) It's much more difficult to conquer neighbouring regions if they're a different religion.

4) Each religion also requires its own religious buildings. So it's less work for me to make all these factions the same religion.

I could make Jin and Yuan pagan, with Song and Ming being Taoist however this will require a lot of work so I haven't included it in this patch.

Crusades campaigns: when army contains Russian Dismount senior druzhina, go into battle cause game crash out
    This was due to an error with their officer. It seems that if an officer has different weapons to the soldier it is likely to cause a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Deevil's Whisper View Post
    1230 Mongols invasion campaign, play Song faction, can't load saved games
    Most of my patches aren't save game compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
    At game for Byzantium has seen such bug - soldiers without structures
    Screenshot:
    This unit hasn't been assigned a texture. I can easily fix this.

Scotland shouldn't be able to recruit Huscarls and I'm not sure why the slave faction has Landsmen or Mongol Horse Archers. It's possible that they bribed an enemy army and got these units or the faction was destroyed so these units became part of the slave faction. I'll have to investigate further.

I'm aware of the Polish Nobles bug and have fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
    Bug with the interface in game after which game ceases to work
    I'm not sure why this happens but it seems related to adding more Coats of Arms. Saving and reloading seems to fix it.
    Last edited by uanime5; April 10, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

I could make Jin and Yuan pagan, with Song and Ming being Taoist however this will require a lot of work so I haven't included it in this patch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese...dhism_in_China

it have been come to CHina since Tang dynasty.
    Mod that feature Asian will be great, especially Japan,Chinese and Korean.

Renesans's Avatar Civis

uanime5, Whether in a patch 2.3.1 were change in a folder text (it very important as I do transfer into Russian-speaking players) ???