View Poll Results: Which MatchMade Fund Level do you Enjoy Most???

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Small

8 26.67%
  • Large

14 46.67%
  • Indifferent (there are different funds???)

8 26.67%

Thread: Funds Poll :)

Default Funds Poll :)

Which do you enjoy most???

I had an opportunity to play extensively this weekend and I have to admit, although I played only a 1/5 of my matchmade games with large funds (therefore not having that great of experience with them), I still have to favor small funds.

For me... small funds equals a much more managable army... where micro can really determine a win or a loss... where you can honestly focus on each of your units... and where the battles dont become a chaotic mess.

Don't get me wrong... I really enjoyed most of my large funds battles, but if i had to choose... small funds would be my favorte.

In all... CA gave us an awesome MP game, what i've always needed since my lost of interest with probably the most popular, and well done, COH!!!

Default Re: Funds Poll :)

you missing medium out of that list... which i prefer as you have to make sacrifices if you want top teir troops but you dont have to field a mainly ashigaru army should you decide you'd rather not like in the small funds battle.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

no medium funds?
    You look great today.

Large is pretty epic but chaotic,the site of 7 sam bows can be a disturbing on a heavy terrain map but i have had my most fun battles on large.Small is just annoying now my gen costs 1300.

Medium??? i see 5000 or 10,000... ??? those are the two that i have ever played with... is there less or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragga View Post
    Medium??? i see 5000 or 10,000... ??? those are the two that i have ever played with... is there less or more?
    2 players with 7 or more stars play 14k

Medium is my favorite, although large is alright. Small is just annoying, because my general costs 1350...

Selected Large, mean "medium, 10k"

Better than Ashigaru armies. Longer battles with more room for tactics.

Medium.

i'm just glad that for the first time people are forced to play different settings and maps not just whore one thing.

when it works, match making rules.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

Well I recently played a 3v3 seige clan battle with some freinds was close to 10 thousand men on the field (all expensive units btw).
    “One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic”

Stupid question I know but with all the "great" (sic) new ideas in shogun 2 multiplayer why can't we just pick the cash we want to play at? or does ca think we are too dumb to make that decision ?

Quote Originally Posted by The last roman View Post
    Stupid question I know but with all the "great" (sic) new ideas in shogun 2 multiplayer why can't we just pick the cash we want to play at? or does ca think we are too dumb to make that decision ?
    Actually, yes.
    You see, the system is intended to be newbie-friendly. New players may think "oh I'll just host (or join) large scale battles for more epicness", but the result of that is that they won't be able to spend all the money and be at a disadvantage against higher-level players who can. So they get wiped off the map, think "oh, that game is unfair", and never come back.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I think that Matchmaking should just be locked at medium funds, if someone is a low rank then they can afford a full army, while higher ranks have to sacrifice numbers if they want better units, counterbalancing rank levels... I wish that every 2/3 battles i play with a team, 2v2, 3v3 etc. werent on small unit scale, it ruins the mood of the game for me, i bought Shogun 2: Total War, not Insignificant 2: Tiny Skirmish

I like small, maneuvering means everything, and they can't spam cav or matchlocks.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ManDurphies View Post
    I think that Matchmaking should just be locked at medium funds, if someone is a low rank then they can afford a full army, while higher ranks have to sacrifice numbers if they want better units, counterbalancing rank levels... I wish that every 2/3 battles i play with a team, 2v2, 3v3 etc. werent on small unit scale, it ruins the mood of the game for me, i bought Shogun 2: Total War, not Insignificant 2: Tiny Skirmish
    or be able to filter which funds it will place you into.
    You look great today.