Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "How can a person not believe in the paranormal?"

Default "How can a person not believe in the paranormal?"

"How can a person not believe in the paranormal? Just look around us everyday!
    Oh yeah, I forgot that we have become so vain that we believe that nothing happens in the world unless we caused it to happen.
    For centuries, there have been pictures and writing of paranormal actives in the world. The death and rise of Jesus Christ is the most noted of all. There has been talk of people of every nationality witnessing paranormal events. There have the storytelling, through many Indian nations, of sprites, shape shifters and ancestor's warriors who watches over the tribes. These paranormal events were what lead and formed their way of life. Egypt history shows picture of paranormal event such as aliens and sprites."

So what this chap is saying that because paranormal events were desribed by people in history, such as the events of described in the Bible about Jesus for instance, and numerous other accounts of paranormal events from ancient Egypt and Indians. All these events being entirely compatible with each other of course. So the paranormal must therefore be real. Would you agree with his flawless logic?
    Last edited by Helm; March 21, 2011 at 07:43 AM.

Vizsla's Avatar Senator
    That place where the sun don't shine (England)

Default Re: "How can a person not believe in the paranormal?"

No, because the sources describing paranormal activity are invariably as nutty as a big bag of nuts.

Yeah! And why don't grown ups believe in Santa Claus or Iraqi weapons of mass destruction?!

You don't use the Bible as evidence for the pranormal you use evidence of the paranormal to support the Bible (or whatever else), he's got it all wrong way around. Someone tell him. He goes on to talk about alien encounters and UFO's but they're not paranormal. It's all about being able to separate the fact from the myth. There is a FO described in the Bible btw that's kind of interesting.
    Last edited by Helm; March 21, 2011 at 08:23 AM.

Nope. People are stupid, they have a lot of in-built biases, they can be easily duped and we have a brain that produces a lot of auditory and visual hallucinations.

Hellenic Air Force - Death, Destruction and Mayhem!

He doesn't seem biased he seems to believe everything he hears without questioning it.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Helm, as a former pagan who worship trees what do you think about this subject?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

I still believe in some sort of God of nature, nothing paranormal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    If you think tree spirit is not paranormal I don't know what else is.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

I don't believe in tree spirits though. You could see tree spirits as a metaphorical higher level manifestation of the natural order of things or whatever if you like. And so part of natures God.
    Last edited by Helm; March 21, 2011 at 09:15 AM.

I don't believe in tree spirits though.
    Then why you even bother to worship trees?

You could see tree spirits as a metaphorical higher level manifestation of the natural order of things or whatever if you like. And so part of natures God.
    There is no evidence, however, suggesting Gods of whatever are part of natural cycle, hence I doubt why you view them not as paranormal stuff.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; March 21, 2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Then why you even bother to worship trees?
    You can regard them as a sacred source of life, and that is what they are they produce oxygen and help to regulate the Earths biosphere ad ecosphere. All part of natures God. Natures God is written into the US constitution btw, making it the only officially Pagan nation.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    There is no evidence, however, suggesting Gods of whatever are part of natural cycle, hence I doubt why you view them not as paranormal stuff.
    The paranormal is anything that doesn't have a natural explanation, if the universe desn't have a natural explanation as it wouldn't have in the absence natures God then what would that make it?

That's natures God there as visual interpretation, he goes back a fair way you know, well all the way back in fact. Christians literally demonised him.

But he's an alright kind of a guy really, it's not like we would be here without him, there wouldn't be a here to be in fact. He isn't perfect but then of course you have your freewill element to bear in mind, we do need a bit of that. That's what your natural animal nature is for you know.

>__> There's the Goddess as well of course but that's a slightly different subject. Wiccans focus a bit too much on her and neglect the poor old Horned One imo, as a lot of religions do without knowing they're doing it. Atheists are into him in a pretty big way though, it's about all they're into if he's the only thing to exist.
    Last edited by Helm; March 21, 2011 at 12:26 PM.

Nobody can prove there is a paranormal or denounce that there is none. Why argue about it?

There isn't anything paranormal until you can prove there is such a thing because extraordinary claims will always require extraordinary evidence.

black-dragon's Avatar Senator

It's not very hard not to believe in the paranormal, you just have to examine the evidence.

EDIT: Urgh, left out the 'not'.
    Last edited by black-dragon; March 22, 2011 at 05:57 AM.
    'If there is an ultimate meaning to existence, as I believe is the case, the answer is to be found within nature, not beyond it. The universe might indeed be a fix, but if so, it has fixed itself.' - Paul Davies, the guy that religious apologists always take out of context.

Attention new-agers: I have a quantum loofah that you might be interested in.

Can we define "paranormal"? Do we mean interference by the divine? Because, depending on one's religous views, that could be accepted as perfectly normal.

God must be paranormal (i.e. beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding). Of course you may be using your own definitions again.

Definition of paranormal from Oxford:

adjective:

• denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding.
    Last edited by The Bruce; March 22, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

Everything that exists is natural even anything that is beyond our understanding and God him/herself. There's no good reason why anything should actually operate against the natural order of things. Even if we don't understand it or it operates outside of our laws of known physics it's still natural. If we understand how something natural works then it will always work like that without exception ever, this is an absolute fundamental truth.
    Last edited by Helm; March 22, 2011 at 05:15 AM.

I believe in it, All paranormal activity stems from the natural world, we just don't understand it or have an explanation for it yet.

Out of a body experiences are paranormal and ive experienced that, so kinda hard for me not to believe

I also believe Precognition is possible and may be connected to dejavu

Out of body experiences can be induced through hypnosis and drug use and other altered states of consiousness but there's nothing at all paranormal about them it's just the way the mind works.

There you go there's an entirely naturalexplanation for literally everything with no exceptions. Even if something appears paranormal it's still going to be natural.
    Last edited by Helm; March 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast