Thread: Sieges

Default Sieges

Is it just me or are basic fortifications more of a hamper to the defender than the attacker?

I mean... Burning down the gates doesn't bother me, but the sight of a thousand Japanese-Spidermen scaling the walls just looks off.

Default Re: Sieges

My tacitc with seiges is just to put archers at the walls facing the attckers and keep my melee troops as far back as possible so they don't get slaughtered by enemy archers. When the enemy troops reach the base of the walls I pull my archers back and put my melee troops a the walls, so long as you do it right and have enough troops to cover every line of attack I find that I can beat back much bigger forces (although not like Medieval 2 where a couple of units of spearmen at the gates could hold off a whole army). As for the wall climbing I don't mind it, I also like that units lose men gradually as they climb due to the men falling off the walls. Deffinitly deffending sieges gets easier once you've built the second level, but since in M2 and Empire the first level was basically nothing, I think seiges have improved overall. I do miss blowing holes in castle walls with big ass cannons though.