Thread: Campaign problem with clans (Trade & diplomacies)

Default Campaign problem with clans (Trade & diplomacies)

third time im playing through as a different clan i notice that about 20 turns in the major clans with larger provinces just dominate everyone too soon and your left with 3 active clans which refuse trade and are all at war with your self and all allied up.

is this normal for everyone's campaign's?

problem is because you have to discover the clan you can't effectively use diplomacies trying to discover and set up a trade agreement for more then 5 turns is proving difficult as everyone is obliterating each other too soon.

my economy is unstable too as it seems not just myself it solely depends on trade with other clans for income.

It can barely support it's self on taxes and production alone.

an example

my clan with 6 provinces 3 full stack armies income with no trade = -478 per turn income
    My clan with 6 provinces 3 full stack armies income with trade= 1356 per turn income

no matter how many trade routes i got it seemed to be the same problem in general.

Trade seems incredibly un balanced, if you can keep it long enough before someone gets steam rolled.

either the campaign CAI are too aggressive or they start off to powerful im not sure.

it's definitely a struggle which i like as im a small clan looking for dominance, but it all feels like everything is happening too fast.

Default Re: Campaign problem with clans (Trade & diplomacies)

its the CAI, there are 1 or 2 clans that just grow to a major force in the area and steamroll all the others and then you have to face them alone.
    Im having thesame problem, can't find any near clans that want to trade, and the major one is at war with me. However he can easily support 2 stacks while i'm having trouble with 1 stack! its just absurd..

How many provinces do you hold? I am able to support up to 3-4 stacks easily....are your stacks made up of all samurais?

ya me to diplomacy needs to be fixed

There's nothing wrong with diplomacy in STW2, but it is much more complicated than the TW games I have played with. Each turn you have to re-examine the relationships with your trading partners and other immediate neighbors you are not at war with. More importantly, keep track on who your trading partners are allied/trading with. It could very well be a clan you plan to fight. Think ahead and remember there are ramifications for nearly everything you do in the game.

You could also be only offering goods that other clans simply don't really want or lose interest in. Trust me, it's not the game. Just spend more time going over all the features before you end the turn and dont forget you can blockade an enemy's trade route for more cash and having multiple trade ships on a trade node grants you more goods to trade.

Dileos's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Wismer View Post
    Think ahead and remember there are ramifications for nearly everything you do in the game.

This.

Everything you do can and will piss off somebody, somewhere.

Kyias's Avatar Semisalis

Also, the clans you see in the beginning of the game will not necessarily be the clans you fight at the end. They suffer realm divide too for getting too big, and if you paly your diplomacy right, you can bust up those large allied conglomerates and bring the downfall of the major clan in charge.

In my first game, it was Hoji and I broke up their alliance with Takeda and Oda in order to create their downfall....when hoji fell, Date came back (and a couple smaller clans) and believe me, Date wanted my head.

In my new campaign Hattori was growing unchecked, then all of a sudden they lost half their territory and 3 new clans emerged, each taking 2 territories a piece!

The campaign map is VERY dynamic. What you see in the beginning is not the end of a clan, it is the beginning.

I can understand it's total anarchy of war and struggle for independence and for shogunate but surely at this period clans were wiped out so early on i still got 50 turns left if not more and all that's left is 3 clans, hardly any diversity

blame it on the lack of provinces....With such a small amount of provinces, and a majority of them being single "city-state", most of them get wiped off early on. I find that really annoying, so and so clan gets wiped out every few turns....