Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169194209210211212213214215216217218219
Results 4,361 to 4,378 of 4378

Thread: The IH Proposal Thread

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: The IH Proposal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    @Dan: That's why they invaded other parts of eastern Europe first. And then conscripted their citizens to use as fodder against the Poles.

And even then, they didn't even conquer all of Poland, they just got a buffer state in the east.
    What, like Finland and the Baltic states, who now have Western backing? I'm sorry, but I just don't see it happening. There's a reason the Soviets didn't work on pushing West until Molotov-Ribbentorp.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Technically it was Romania first. Bessarabian SSR for the win!

But yeah, you're right, probably impractical. Which is why the Soviets start off in a much more perilous situation than the other countries, considering they've been at war for basically 16 years straight (WW1, the RCW, and their expansion).
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I think we need to update the IH hosting lineup. The next WEF is next, then I believe my High Rock game if people still want to play it, then I don't know.

Dave, wasn't Russia smashed by Poland in a war following WWI? I think it's unlikely they would do well in this period if Poland managed to defeat them.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    I think we need to update the IH hosting lineup. The next WEF is next, then I believe my High Rock game if people still want to play it, then I don't know.
    No, Agg. Eagles 1600(if Barry is still hosting it) would be next, then WEF 1845. I have no idea what follows that.

Oh, I didn't realize we were doing Eagles 1600, thought WEF took over.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

I have plans to get Eagles up on the weekend, but I can put it aside to give you a shot at hosting that TES RPG if you'd like. WEF isn't set to go up until late May or early June, when activity 'round these parts should climb back to decent levels due to summer break.

Ah, alright. Well, I definitely want to run it, but I think the other players would probably rather have Eagles 1600 first. My game could fill any waiting time between the end of Eagles and when the new WEF comes in, or it could be a factional game after WEF ends so we don't get bored with characters.

As right now we're kind of in a lull waiting for 1845 to start, which I believe is at least a week away, would anyone be interested in a Space RB-inspired Thunderbolt like game? It would operate something like the Boiled Squid mission from the Interlude, but with greater player freedom for actions and not having any real objectives to do besides 'defeat the enemy' and prevent/defend the launch of another Ark-like spaceship, depending on if you guys want to play as the Magisterium and their collaborators or the Diomedian League.

Sounds cool, I think I'd be game for either, but I'd much prefer to fight on the ground than in mechs if at all possible. Not into mechs at all.

Infantry or in a tank? The latter's quite likely as the Magisterium/League would probably be using armored divisions as support for the mechanized divisions. Infantry...eh...maybe.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

I'm game.

My vote is for tank warfare.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Tank warfare is obsolete by this game's date - 10,015 AD. They are mostly a support unit for the mechanized divisions that now make up the majority of the Magisterial forces, similar to infantry. However in the Diomedian League perhaps there is a nation that still uses it.
    Last edited by Xion; May 23, 2014 at 09:27 AM.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

i understand what you mean.​In that case I could deal with mechs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	force-protection.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	561.0 KB 
ID:	307860

but when I say tank warfare i'm thinking something more along these lines.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	future_tank_w1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	307859
    Last edited by chesser2538; May 23, 2014 at 08:40 PM.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Here, I found the Interlude's Earth Forces thread. As I believe the Magisterium's technology wouldn't have advanced much past this(besides the introduction of the Crusader XII model into a greater combat role following Op. Frigidus), this probably will be what I'll use for the units with some modifications. The League will require a system of unit creation for the players with a limit like 50,000 or 75,000 to spend on the unit.

Eh..think more like a Gundam for the mechs.
    Last edited by Xion; May 23, 2014 at 10:41 PM.

Which is why I don't like them. If they were like Chesser's mechs, cool, but the Gundam mechs no thanks. It just looks silly to me. Anime mechs just seem like over-the-too samurai transformers with incredibly awful aim.

Don't worry, you can be a infantry, tank, or aircraft unit leader instead. Just know if you pick infantry you will not get a saving roll(representing escape mechanism for the aircraft/mechs or the chance to evacuate the tank) and if you end up against a enemy mechanized division without proper equipment or support, you'll likely lose, but you'll have better cover usage.

Yay!