Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: When will the new total war game come out?

Default Re: When will the new total war game come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    This idea just came to me now, but I really think it has merit. The best idea for the next TW game would be India. Hear me out please. India has not gotten any attention from the TW series despite it being the second-largest country (odd that the single largest country is similarly ignored as well...) but it is very diverse, has a diverse yet not-too-large geography, and a rich history. Literally, I mean, in the Classical period it was the richest place on earth. The main question is what exact time period is used, but for most of the good ones you already have rich unit diversity to make gameplay more unique and fun. There's infantry of all kinds, cavalry, chariots, and elephants. Weapons and styles are diverse, people are diverse and unique, etc. Just can't go wrong with India. Now I know what you're thinking, "most people don't care about Indian history or India", but most people don't care for any history and just want to play games. Shogun 2 shows that people will play what they get and like it if it's fun enough, and India should certainly be fun. Thoughts?
    I dont want to be picky but Canada is the second largest country in the world, India has the second largest population.

ANd although India was included in it's entirety in ETW, I would actually like to see India as part of R2TW (or at the very least the northern part of the country), so you could try and push your empire past the furthest limits of Alexanders empire. And India does indeed have alot of fascinating culture and history during the classical period, it would be glorious to see their armies match up against the Seleucids or some other such faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Magefsx View Post
    If R2TW comes out, they'll have had to make a new engine for it, or heavily re-write the battle code. The roman military fighting style would be completely incompatible with the current 1v1 motion captured animations.
    I recon CA should jump the TW wagon for 3 years, and give us either Dungeon keeper 3, or Homeworld 2
    If I get Dungeon Keeper 3, I will explode in a catastrophic orgasm. DK2 was/is an amazing game, and an updated sequel would be perfect, especially when you consider that the only other game I can think of offhand that tries to match DK2 is Dungeons, which isn't quite as entertaining.

...I mean, Dungeons is an okay game, but it has a slew of problems.

Tatarasei's Avatar Laetus

Icon4 Re: When will the new total war game come out?

1. Mongol empire total war 1206-1306 or 1227-1327
    2. Eurasia total war 1200-1300
    3. Asia total war 1180-1280
    Last edited by Tatarasei; March 27, 2011 at 08:51 PM.

i heard from a little bird in a certain company that they are making a nation divided total war

To be honest at this point I don't care anymore when and what will come out..cause after the patch 2 experience..me I'm OUT

I don't think 12 months gives CA enough time to release an acceptable and finished game. I'm sure they're under contract to whip them out finished or not. Record companies do the same thing to artists. Some bands put out some shite music because they did all their writing and recording in a matter of a month to honor the dead line.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
    I don't think 12 months gives CA enough time to release an acceptable and finished game. I'm sure they're under contract to whip them out finished or not. Record companies do the same thing to artists. Some bands put out some shite music because they did all their writing and recording in a matter of a month to honor the dead line.
    True dat.

Truly good and creative works need a bit of time and freedom. Restricting it to a tight leash can result in rubbish. And CA can`t release games in just one year, they need at least 2 for something like Shogun and 4 for something like MTW2. Wouldn`t surprise me if they tried releasing TW games on a yearly basis though...

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    True dat.

Truly good and creative works need a bit of time and freedom. Restricting it to a tight leash can result in rubbish. And CA can`t release games in just one year, they need at least 2 for something like Shogun and 4 for something like MTW2. Wouldn`t surprise me if they tried releasing TW games on a yearly basis though...
    Well, if you look at their track record that is what they are actually doing. Their fiscal policy is one game a year roughly April or May. April is the tax dead line and a large number of companies fiscal deadline. I'm sure they are not using the consol team to keep the Total War team afloat. Someone needs to pay for the Austin Martin in the parking lot, right?

Civis

I don't want a new total war every year

Napoleon TW is to be considered an expansion (old-stile but stand alone) of Empire TW. Part of the team working on shogun 2 after ETW...

Did you know that after shogun 1.... CA began Rome? Meanwhile, a part of the team did medieval, derived from the engine of Shogun Total War

I think Total War Rome 2 .. ehmm, the next TW will be released in two years.
    Last edited by Alpha TWC; May 05, 2011 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha TWC View Post
    Napoleon TW is to be considered an expansion (old-stile but stand alone) of Empire TW. Part of the team working on shogun 2 after ETW...

Did you know that after shogun 1.... CA began Rome? Meanwhile, a part of the team did medieval, derived from the engine of Shogun Total War

I think Total War Rome 2 .. ehmm, the next TW will be released in two years.
    I don't know where you get your info from, but it doesn't sound legit. Warpath was an expansion for Empire not Napoleon. Someone lied to you. Napoleon was their yearly release. Shogun 2 was their next yearly release.

Quote Originally Posted by klok View Post
    I wonder if there will be a new total war in 2012. like now you have a full new total war game every year: etw 2009, ntw 2010, shogun 2 2011. I hope you get the shogun expansion somewhere in hte summer and the new game in the first months of 2012. What do you think?
    If recent history repeats itself, their will be a new TW in 2012. I'd expect an announcment to be made sometime around Septemeber in time for a March release date.

Just like S2, just like NTW, just like ETW.
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I do think that sync duels could be used in a R2TW.

Is not like every single faction is going to fight in formation like the professional roman armies, I.e. Almost every non roman faction excluding the phalanx units.

And even among the roman, even the legionaries will try to engage in a tight formation, but they are not concrete blocks invulnerable to charges and/or disarray, eventually some of them will have to fight a single enemy before trying to go back to formation the formation.

Many people think that software companies are working on a project sequentially ... very very very very wrong

has become a common thing everywhere, there are no more old-style expansions, have now become spin-off stand-alone

Napoleon is basically a expansion old-style, only stand-alone and with its own title. So much that both are inserted into a kind of gold-edition ...

warpath is a mini-expantion DLC
    Last edited by Alpha TWC; May 05, 2011 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
    If recent history repeats itself, their will be a new TW in 2012. I'd expect an announcment to be made sometime around Septemeber in time for a March release date.

Just like S2, just like NTW, just like ETW.
    That's right.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I want to see the Victorian era.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
    Yes, I agree.
    As a former Product Manager I believe they already started the developement of a new TW game long before of STW2 release. In such kind of business you need much more than 12 month and therefore you have to start the next projects even when the current one is not released yet. They do not release STW2 to seat together afterwords and to do brainstorming what they might do next. The decision already is done long before.

Such kind of kick off meeting should be at least 2 years before the release. So from my experience they started already e.g last fall 2010 with the new game development. Today they should be already at a milestone where they know which direction they want to go. And in July 2011 they can already announce (if they like to) what the next title will be and when it will come out (e.g. 1st quater 2012). Therefore you got the company project schedule.

I am very certain that CA knows since 2010 which game they will bring out after STW2. If it is Rome 2 or something else the dicision already is fixed. And if you hear something else be a aware of economical/political statements from CA because they also know it will not get to TWC users only, each kind of info also goes straight to competitors. You can be sure that CA competitors are locked in TWC as default users like u and me, just to recon what users from CA games are talking about in a game forum.

That is one of the reasons why release expectations are not always meet the annoucements.
    Dont worry, its a part of the marketing tools and it doesnt matter if we like it or not. It doesnt matter if we are disapointed or not and if we call the CA employees liars in what they promised, it just doesnt matter.
    Last edited by Protector; May 05, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

I would say that a standalone expansion will be released in 2012, with the next "full" new total war game coming in 2013.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    I would say that a standalone expansion will be released in 2012, with the next "full" new total war game coming in 2013.
    Standalone expansion release got much shorter time in the past and "full" new TW game came out yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Standalone expansion release got much shorter time in the past.
    ETW--->NTW was a one year gap
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA