Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: When will the new total war game come out?

Default Re: When will the new total war game come out?

probably 2013

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

I think that the best would be for Rome 2 Total War to be moddable again as M2TW and RTW...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

I would love to see them release Medieval 3: Total War using the Shogun 2 engine. I absolutely love Shogun 2, and the only thing that would make it better is if you made it based on Bretannia, warring states and lords

I'm disappointed more discussion hasn't been brought up about the American civil war, perhaps as stand alone off the NTW engine. I see a revamped Blue and Gray 3.0 is coming out for ETW, so I guess I'll wait and see.
    "Official stalker of Mandy Moore."

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

eh i doubt they will re write a whole new engine for a game thats a repeat it takes time and more importantly money to write a new engine.... besides i thik they should do a different total war with a whole new map like asia id rather have a asia then another europe map europe has just beenn repeated over and over and over again to much europe go with new stuff but if they do end up a making a rome 2 i hope they dont release it in a year then i will not buy till a bout 6 months after release that might be time enough to be rid of the bugs that will no doubt be in the game but yeah a china total war game would be awesome we want more asia centric total war game not europe repeated over and over and over again thats bad

I think that the best would be for Rome 2 Total War to be moddable again as M2TW and RTW...
    that would make no sense what so ever for them to do that that would be going back in time in terms of technology and would end up with a exact copy of the original
    Last edited by wolfbane751; June 20, 2011 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neige Noire View Post
    I would laugh so hard if CA announced the new TW game to be some Total War: WW1 and not Rome 2. I am sure some people would have a stroke after hearing that.

iI would cry so hard if CA announced the new TW game to be some Total War: WW1 and not Rome 2.I am sure some people would make an suicide after that (waiting again for 2-3-4 year for Rome to come out,come on)! So i would be so happy if the they are making RTW2...Eventhough I read somewhere on the net that one team is making MTW3 and the other RTW2.

The only thing I would like to see is about 20-25 playable factions-so 10-5 above standard and a bigger map.Like in Rome total realism.Everything else can be edited easily
    Last edited by Asgaroth; August 02, 2011 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neige Noire View Post
    I would laugh so hard if CA announced the new TW game to be some Total War: WW1 and not Rome 2. I am sure some people would have a stroke after hearing that.
    One word. Crusade!

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

seriously what a stupid question, nobody knows so just enjoy what game you got now and wait for any info from CA!!!, man CA has just released shogun 2 for god sake. so they need to plan and stuff for the next game and they probably don't know themselves yet.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

2013 if they follow their pattern.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

They have 2 teams. The team which worked on Medieval II started to make shogun 2 when they was finished. The team which made napolean and empire started to work on the not yet published title. So they are over 2 year in the devlopment of the new game. So i think it will be published end of this year and will get out end of next year.

I think it is time for a fantasy total war. The most mods where in a fantasy setting and so they know there is a lot of people which will buy it when they bring out a fantasy total war. Rome 2 will be another posibility because it is the only one which is not remade yet.

Arbosch Bloodforge

Quote Originally Posted by arbosch View Post
    They have 2 teams. The team which worked on Medieval II started to make shogun 2 when they was finished. The team which made napolean and empire started to work on the not yet published title. So they are over 2 year in the devlopment of the new game. So i think it will be published end of this year and will get out end of next year.
    Shgoun II was released this year, if they release another game this year they have nothing real to offer next year. Plus they need all this time because they build a new engine from pretty much from scratch. They will probably release something in 2013, the new DLC trend and lack of expansions kind of throws off the cycle though, so they may release something next year.

I think it is time for a fantasy total war. The most mods where in a fantasy setting and so they know there is a lot of people which will buy it when they bring out a fantasy total war. Rome 2 will be another posibility because it is the only one which is not remade yet.

Arbosch Bloodforge
    For which game have most mods been fantasy?? Besides, there are hundreds of times and periods and locations to choose from, going to fantasy already would be silly.
    Last edited by empr guy; August 17, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rometotalwar View Post
    seriously what a stupid question, nobody knows so just enjoy what game you got now and wait for any info from CA!!!, man CA has just released shogun 2 for god sake. so they need to plan and stuff for the next game and they probably don't know themselves yet.
    They are already working on next TW. From Spring already or even earlier.

Since the end of Medieval II's support I'd imagine.

Please be rome II, PLEASE!

And able to modded!

total war victorian era

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    damm right, withouth mods, the game gets repetitive fast, even with expasions...
    mods are the only reason i still play medieval 2 kingdoms since i bought it...
    in my opinion of course...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

diez's Avatar Biarchus

a semi-fantasy game would be good...like the trojan war total etc.
    other wise id like dark ages or rome 2...maybe reinassence be good too

Quote Originally Posted by huascar View Post
    total war victorian era
    No.

bibouba's Avatar Miles

total war victorian era

YES