Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: When will the new total war game come out?

Default When will the new total war game come out?

I wonder if there will be a new total war in 2012. like now you have a full new total war game every year: etw 2009, ntw 2010, shogun 2 2011. I hope you get the shogun expansion somewhere in hte summer and the new game in the first months of 2012. What do you think?

Default Re: When will the new total war game come out?

There is talk of a RTW 2

Quote Originally Posted by Relativista View Post
    There is talk of a RTW 2
    Ooh, please link. I would love a Rome 2. My favorite history period and 2nd favorite tw game next to Shogun 2.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

i believe the reason they have been coming out every year is because CA now has two teams both working on a different total war game, like when rome came out another team had already been working on empire (lol) and the rome team continued on to make medieval 2
    You look great today.

I would laugh so hard if CA announced the new TW game to be some Total War: WW1 and not Rome 2. I am sure some people would have a stroke after hearing that.

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

If R2TW comes out, they'll have had to make a new engine for it, or heavily re-write the battle code. The roman military fighting style would be completely incompatible with the current 1v1 motion captured animations.
    I recon CA should jump the TW wagon for 3 years, and give us either Dungeon keeper 3, or Homeworld 2

Shikayama's Avatar Libertus

Because of the scenario I would love to have an Expansion Pack for Shogun 2 before thinking about a new game. To be honest it would be the first game I might think about buying DLC (downloadable crap).

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

2012 or 2013 will RTW2 or China Dynasty Total war come out

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

I expect the next game to come out around 2013 with a new engine and without all the memories of empire/napoleon. (some of the screens like the economic ones are almost exactly the same, making the games feel very similar.)

I do not want to see a game coming out every year, because the games will become extremly generic with the only thing improved being the graphics, i.e. the part of the game that dosent matter at all.

also for the fanboys saying motion capture is actually good for melee, well, if CA dosent want it to be utterly ridiculous there will be no stupid on on one duels for rome.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Shikayama View Post
    Because of the scenario I would love to have an Expansion Pack for Shogun 2 before thinking about a new game. To be honest it would be the first game I might think about buying DLC (downloadable crap).
    i will only if its a full on chinese total war. been wanting this for a while now. hopefully the map can be modded in shogun 2...but it probably wont be...
    You look great today.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

I bet, soo bad it will be Medivel III, Why? Because that's the way TW do things, it make no sece, yet makes perfect sence when you look at the profits.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    I do not want to see a game coming out every year, because the games will become extremly generic with the only thing improved being the graphics, i.e. the part of the game that dosent matter at all.
    Agree 99% to you. Except I would say that the graphics is the least important feature. Not that it does not matter at all (S1 hurts my eyes).

One thing I have never understood is why couldn't they have just improved the existing engine...
    Last edited by Neige; March 20, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

I hope it will take atwo or three years.

A game every year has not done the franchise much good.

Shogun 2 is a step up, but we had to wade through Empire to get this far.

There are many rumors of a RTW 2, but they had to work, much as the fighting style of the Romans is almost the opposite of the Japanese, the Romans with his sword and shield average, while Japanese would not use a shield ..

Maybe they make a DLC for the second shogun total war with the Chinese or Korean invasion, because both the Chinese and Koreans had a scant fighting style to the Japanese ..

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel of the 32nd Foot View Post
    I bet, soo bad it will be Medivel III, Why? Because that's the way TW do things, it make no sece, yet makes perfect sence when you look at the profits.
    considering it was my fav version, no problem

ok, lets think logically: what could come?

Rome 2: definitely an option

China???

No chance that they would enter the 20th century. WAY to overdone, world war I and II are more paradoxs backyard, CA is better in the way past

I seriously doubt a Med 3. dont see, how much the game can be changed. would need more time in my mind

HOW ABOUT: a map centered around the arabic world? when bagdad was THE city of enlightment, mohammeds conquer of the arabic world, the split after him, sunni vs shiits, now THAT Would be interesting

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Palandiell View Post
    considering it was my fav version, no problem

ok, lets think logically: what could come?

Rome 2: definitely an option

China???

No chance that they would enter the 20th century. WAY to overdone, world war I and II are more paradoxs backyard, CA is better in the way past

I seriously doubt a Med 3. dont see, how much the game can be changed. would need more time in my mind

HOW ABOUT: a map centered around the arabic world? when bagdad was THE city of enlightment, mohammeds conquer of the arabic world, the split after him, sunni vs shiits, now THAT Would be interesting
    China Will be the Shogun DLC, Sheilds in Med III ares as bad as they would be in Rome II, they'll do Med III or adapt the rome engine first.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

I had an idea through silly but here goes ..

And if there was a TW, focused on the wars prehistory? Where would the troops, men with sticks, basic Lancers, stone throwers, etc ... kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    It's kinda silly but whatever ..

i read a coll stuff some months ago, CA makes a rome 2 and a Chiense total war around the same era, then if you have both those games, the game will merge the games and you get a anciet world, eurasian total war

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Maybe that's why the last 3 sucked so bad.

A new TW game every year?

When did Call of Duty developers start working at Creative Assembly?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast