Thread: Kyoto's army

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Kyoto's army

I'am preparing my hattori armies to Kyoto, but first I am taking off their allies out first. This remind me one question. Is Kyoto's army camping only in Kyoto-city or can they move out from province?

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Default Re: Kyoto's army

Also, in my campaign I saw the Hattori attack Kyoto (but they lost), yet the Shogun never ordered a special directive against this clan. What would happen if I'd suddenly attack Kyoto (before realm divide)? What would the other factions do?
    Lastly, What would happen if AI is successful in capturing Kyoto?

Sorry to add more questions to your question.

I have never seen them move out of their province but be warned, i declared war on them before realm divide and they spawned an extra army out of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_TvS View Post
    Also, in my campaign I saw the Hattori attack Kyoto (but they lost), yet the Shogun never ordered a special directive against this clan. What would happen if I'd suddenly attack Kyoto (before realm divide)? What would the other factions do?
    Lastly, What would happen if AI is successful in capturing Kyoto?

Sorry to add more questions to your question.
    Never seen AI taking Kyoto.But RD will occur if you take shogunate or if you control lot of region.
    Shogun army's always stay at Kyoto.
    There is 2 full army

Sgt.Valenzuela's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Froggie38 View Post
    Never seen AI taking Kyoto.But RD will occur if you take shogunate or if you control lot of region.
    Shogun army's always stay at Kyoto.
    There is 2 full army
    in one of my Legendary Diff. Mori took Kyoto and became Shogun..... not for long though cause Shoni Clan was conquering them up. So

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Valenzuela View Post
    in one of my Legendary Diff. Mori took Kyoto and became Shogun..... not for long though cause Shoni Clan was conquering them up. So
    Really? And did a realm divide occur?

I had a moment where I saw the Shogun's army outside of the castle. I attacked that instead, and drew the enemy to me.
    Forward, march!

realm divide does not happen to the ai. in my first campaign Takeda became shogun and nobody did anything. you can also become shogun before realm divide and avoid it all together. As the Chosokabe i maintained a good reliance with a minor clan (i forget the name) that had conquered all the area surrounding kyoto. i landed troops on their shores and marched 2 full stacks to kyoto where i laid seige with one army and used the other to drive away the full stack standing outside the city. By doing this i ensured i would be fighting both armies individually with no enemy reinforcements. once i had kyoto i was expecting immediate consequences from my allies, but it never happened. The minor clan who owned the entire area surrounding kyoto, who could have easily betrayed me and become the shogunate stayed my ally and we both began moving towards the right of the map to eradicate the Takeda who we were both already at war with. about 5 or 6 turns later clan after clan began to declare war on me. but, they were all isolated clans further to the right of the Takeda that i hadnt even come into contact with before. none of my allies or vassals betrayed me, and the clans attempting to challenge my authority were weak and isolated. at this stage i'm basically cleaning up until i have the number of regions i need to "win"
    "A man whose face was covered with an iron mask came to the Prophet and said, 'Allah's Apostle! Shall I fight or embrace Islam first?' The Prophet said, 'Embrace Islam first and then fight.' So he embraced Islam, and was martyred. Allah's Apostle said, 'A Little work, but a great reward.'"