Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realm Divide Mod v2.0 (UPDATED FOR FotS)

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Realm Divide Mod v1.0

Could it be possible to mod RD so it can be triggered by AI?

Don't preorder games!

Quote Originally Posted by sameb View Post
    the no realm divide doesnt work for me, i still get the realm divide message and every clan attacks me, but when i look at the diplomacy table the relationships stay the same i dont get eny kind of a -50 or enything. Maybe it has somthing to do with me playing on easy difficulty?

Perhaps the update change few stuff ?

Must have mod!
    Last edited by Merwanor; April 03, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

Tried again from scratch on one pc (no effects) as dante on hard. No RD message but all non-allies and non-vassals declared war. No mention of RD in diplomacy. Allies and vassals remained so - much better. Still not perfect for me yet. Ive only tried the "no effects" mod so far; i'll try the other one.

Having a weird issue with the Realm Divide in this newest campaign (its a long campaign unlike my previous short one where I did not get this). I initially got Realm Divide and a -60 Diplomatic Penalty, which is fine. But then once the Ashikaga Shogunate declared war on me, I got another -20 to Relations, and another -20 when I finally took Kyoto.

Is this supposed to happen? I've been able to maintain my allies through the use of bribes and the RD is still going away at 4 a turn.

I'll say it flat out. I'm new at this. I want this mod so badly buttttt I have no idea how to do it
    Sure you can tell me "Unzip the archive and drop the pack file into your ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory. The pack is a movie files and does not need to be enabled. To deinstall just delete the pack file."
    But I'll be like "what?"

Quote Originally Posted by DannyTh3Man View Post
    I'll say it flat out. I'm new at this. I want this mod so badly buttttt I have no idea how to do it
    Sure you can tell me "Unzip the archive and drop the pack file into your ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory. The pack is a movie files and does not need to be enabled. To deinstall just delete the pack file."
    But I'll be like "what?"
    I think you are not just new to using mods but using computers in general.....that said, download the file, open the file, move the files inside the file you downloaded to \Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory.....it should be wherever you installed steam on. And to uninstall it, just delete the file.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuNoKami View Post
    I think you are not just new to using mods but using computers in general.....that said, download the file, open the file, move the files inside the file you downloaded to \Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory.....it should be wherever you installed steam on. And to uninstall it, just delete the file.
    Everytime i look for \Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory it says it doesnt exist

\steam is basically where you installed steam - this could vary per person. I'm guessing that you will be looking for:

c:\program files\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data

I've tested both of these mods with 3 seperate clan saves that I have just before the Realm Divide and I still get hit with -100 from everybody,even my allies.

YES, I have put them in the right place (and only one mod at a time) to no avail. I see that I am not the only person with this problem.

I dont really want to start a new campaign at the moment to test from the start. I think this mod idea is great, but I'm not convinced its doing anything with my saves.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyTh3Man View Post
    Everytime i look for \Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory it says it doesnt exist
    Your Steam folder might be in C: Program FIles (x86) if your running a 64 bit operating system? Failing that, if you find a steam folder in you start menu, click right button on it and go to properties and you will find out where it is installed from there.

Hope this helps

The legendary fame causes a big ruckus though, even with no diplomatic effect mod.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

What's Wrong with Realm Divide a Fundamentally Good Idea Horribly Implemented

Realm Divide is a diplomatic modifier probably proposed by CA's research team to reflect the Tokugawa - Ishida divide late in the Sengoku period.

Without going into excessive historical detail this is what Realm Divide should have done:

• Negative Effects of Territory and Power should be cancelled, so that smaller clans can try and join up with the weaker or stronger faction a sort of "which way the wind blows" scenario is most accurate
    • Each of the polar families should have more permanent vassals (i.e. less likely to rebel but likely to go over to the enemy in a battle)
    • The smaller clans should send armies to serve the major clan on campaign, although with dubious loyalty (both Isihida and Tokugawa loyal supporters switched factions once or twice)
    • The title of Shogun should give a further modifier, but should ONLY be available to an original clan member not a commoner (like Hideyoshi)
    • The controller of Kyoto should have a large bonus from the Imperial administrative structure in both food and income (what essentially tipped the balance)
    • Clans marriage should have a much greater bonus as family ties were extremely strong
    • On the other hand generals themselves with low loyalty could be tempted to break away from one side or another with an offer of becoming Daymio vassals of the new lord
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

I tried the no realm divide version but it does not work. I did put the file in the correct directory. I got a feeling that it does not work when my clan fame rose and i still get messages about the shogun plotting against my clan.

However, i carried on my campaign and once my clan fame hits legendary, realm divide occurs and the whole of Japan declared war on me which means they did send out their armies to attack me.

this realm divide just makes me losing interest in the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Colonists View Post
    I tried the no realm divide version but it does not work. I did put the file in the correct directory. I got a feeling that it does not work when my clan fame rose and i still get messages about the shogun plotting against my clan.

However, i carried on my campaign and once my clan fame hits legendary, realm divide occurs and the whole of Japan declared war on me which means they did send out their armies to attack me.

this realm divide just makes me losing interest in the game....
    i downloaded the no realm divide mod, unfortunately too late into my campaign as its already taken place, but Yarkis can you please respond to the number of guys (such as colonists above) that are saying it simply does NOT make any difference, realm divide still takes place or the ai clans all declare war on you with or without your (no realm divide)mod installed... can anyone confirm that the no realm divide mod actually works, cos for my next campaign i dont think i can even bother playing if theres gonna be another ridiculous realm divide!

It's because of the Legendary Fame. Realm Divide just makes all clans have bad relation with you, where as your fame makes you a threat to all of them.

Selahedīn's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
    Must have mod!
    Agreed! This is the one mod that is always in my data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce9999 View Post
    It's because of the Legendary Fame. Realm Divide just makes all clans have bad relation with you, where as your fame makes you a threat to all of them.
    i know mate, thanks...but its so damn annoying, i think its a way of them trying to stop the human player steamrolling ai, but its dumb, whether historically or theoritically correct or not... i want max fun from my game, not every bloomin army gunning for me! 100% realistic is not always 100% best!

Has anyone tried this with the CO-OP campaign? i've been using it in my single player campaign and i'm about to start a co-op with a friend and would like to know if it works if we both use the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Masher8559 View Post
    Has anyone tried this with the CO-OP campaign? i've been using it in my single player campaign and i'm about to start a co-op with a friend and would like to know if it works if we both use the mod.
    I don't have an answer for you.. but I can say that every coop campaign I've ever tried irreversibly broke at some point. So mod or no mod just pray you can play at all.