Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realm Divide Mod v2.0 (UPDATED FOR FotS)

Default Re: Realm Divide Mod v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    I haven't yet experienced the Realm Divide - what does it do exactly and how does this mod improve matters?

Edit: And if it's as bad as everyone says, is this mod savegame compatible?

Basically as you conquer more and more territory, the reigning Shogunate becomes fearful of you. On a short campaign Realm Divide hits when you've conquered about 15 territories (Long and Domination is around 20). At this point, you get a slight hit to relations with every clan and this gets worse and worse each turn. Eventually you end up being at war with everyone. It's extremely hard/expensive to keep allies.

With this mod, Realm Divide has a bigger hit initially (-60 to relations) but goes away by 4 each turn until it eventually disappears. This makes Realm Divide easier to handle for the player as you can still maintain your allies, so it ends up being you and your allies v. everyone else, a civil war if you will.

As for if this mod is savegame compatible, if you haven't reached Realm Divide in that save yet, then it will work. If you have, then it won't.

Thanks, i am going to try them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Basically as you conquer more and more territory, the reigning Shogunate becomes fearful of you. On a short campaign Realm Divide hits when you've conquered about 15 territories (Long and Domination is around 20). At this point, you get a slight hit to relations with every clan and this gets worse and worse each turn. Eventually you end up being at war with everyone. It's extremely hard/expensive to keep allies.

With this mod, Realm Divide has a bigger hit initially (-60 to relations) but goes away by 4 each turn until it eventually disappears. This makes Realm Divide easier to handle for the player as you can still maintain your allies, so it ends up being you and your allies v. everyone else, a civil war if you will.

As for if this mod is savegame compatible, if you haven't reached Realm Divide in that save yet, then it will work. If you have, then it won't.
    Thanks. We're currently right next door to Kyoto and the Shogun is getting nervous, so I reckon Realm Divide is imminent - just in time to d/l the mod.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

here is my 2 cents about realm divide;

I think, realm divide should hit you hard just like vanilla one since you are forcing a major political change and like real world, it will be opposed religiously in the beginning. However if you have really close allies and vassals then they should stick with you initially as long as you have a longstanding relationship.

You should get a incrementing penalty every turn just like vanilla game with every clan remaining including your vassals and allies. however the tipping point should be; when you actually conquer Kyoto and be announced the new Shogun. At that point the penalty with your allies and vassals should disappear.

The reason behind this is because just like real world in the beginning your allies would doubt your abilities and not so sure about which side will succeed so longer it takes you to get to Kyoto the more severe the penalty gets and more likely that your allies will join the enemy ranks. Once you are Shogun you pretty much proved your worth and if you invested in your allies then they are still with you. Now it's the time to crush those pesky clans with your vassals/allies.

Edit1: If I would know how to mod then I would definitely do it this way...allies and vassals are much more meaningful this way. you can re-create what Oda Nobunaga did, like making Tokugawa Ieyasu your vassal and invest time and money he would stick with you till to the bitter end

Edit2: So technically speaking all I want to achieve is to make realm divide penalty disappear with my vassals and allies once I occupy Kyoto for 4 seasons and declared Shogun
    Last edited by deckon; March 26, 2011 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deckon View Post
    here is my 2 cents about realm divide;

I think, realm divide should hit you hard just like vanilla one since you are forcing a major political change and like real world, it will be opposed religiously in the beginning. However if you have really close allies and vassals then they should stick with you initially as long as you have a longstanding relationship.

You should get a incrementing penalty every turn just like vanilla game with every clan remaining including your vassals and allies. however the tipping point should be; when you actually conquer Kyoto and be announced the new Shogun. At that point the penalty with your allies and vassals should disappear.

The reason behind this is because just like real world in the beginning your allies would doubt your abilities and not so sure about which side will succeed so longer it takes you to get to Kyoto the more severe the penalty gets and more likely that your allies will join the enemy ranks. Once you are Shogun you pretty much proved your worth and if you invested in your allies then they are still with you. Now it's the time to crush those pesky clans with your vassals/allies.

Edit1: If I would know how to mod then I would definitely do it this way...allies and vassals are much more meaningful this way. you can re-create what Oda Nobunaga did, like making Tokugawa Ieyasu your vassal and invest time and money he would stick with you till to the bitter end

Edit2: So technically speaking all I want to achieve is to make realm divide penalty disappear with my vassals and allies once I occupy Kyoto for 4 seasons and declared Shogun
    Nice idea but not possible to implement. Even with complex scripting I doubt you can achieve something like this.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Realm Divide Mod v1.0

NEW: No realm divide effects version! This version of the mod was requested by some people and reduces the diplomatic effects of the realm divide event to nearly zero.
    Thank you!!!

hi yarkis,
    You are saying it's NOT possible to reduce the impact of realm divide penalty to zero after an event such as becoming Shogun ????
    so if I understood correctly you either have RD penalty or you don't ?

Quote Originally Posted by deckon View Post
    hi yarkis,
    You are saying it's NOT possible to reduce the impact of realm divide penalty to zero after an event such as becoming Shogun ????
    so if I understood correctly you either have RD penalty or you don't ?
    After relam divide happenend you can not change the penalties again with another event.

Yarkis, i use your great mod but i really feel the diplomacy is total useles..
    In my new Hojo /Hard/ campaign at first round i make alliance with Takeda. Make for sure trade aggrement, i send my son to him, i give military access and so on.. Was a good relation betveen us .when I see the friendship that fell a bit, I always gave him a gift of money"...BUT now AFTER 2 turns I see that the relationship has broken down and the index went below -100 !!?????? WHY..??Ok i go to diplo panel and see this: "dishonouring treaties" -249 ????? WTF ??

Hey, I used your mod before the realm divide and it doesn't work I think. But I think I triggered the divide prematurely because I declared war on Kyoto.

So basically what happens is I decalre war, check diplomacy screen and it says "Realm divide -30 (+). The plus means it's rising so I take it the mod didn't work? Anyway I'm playing on Hard.

i really dont mind the RD the way it is now, but is it possible to make a version so that RD ends once you become shogun?

Quote Originally Posted by Sljusto View Post
    Hey, I used your mod before the realm divide and it doesn't work I think. But I think I triggered the divide prematurely because I declared war on Kyoto.

So basically what happens is I decalre war, check diplomacy screen and it says "Realm divide -30 (+). The plus means it's rising so I take it the mod didn't work? Anyway I'm playing on Hard.
    + means it's rising as in going back to 0

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Yarkis, i use your great mod but i really feel the diplomacy is total useles..
    In my new Hojo /Hard/ campaign at first round i make alliance with Takeda. Make for sure trade aggrement, i send my son to him, i give military access and so on.. Was a good relation betveen us .when I see the friendship that fell a bit, I always gave him a gift of money"...BUT now AFTER 2 turns I see that the relationship has broken down and the index went below -100 !!?????? WHY..??Ok i go to diplo panel and see this: "dishonouring treaties" -249 ????? WTF ??
    No idea what happened but it is not related to the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpullpus View Post
    i really dont mind the RD the way it is now, but is it possible to make a version so that RD ends once you become shogun?
    I don't think so.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Really needed...

Great work, repped you m8
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
    + means it's rising as in going back to 0
    Afraid you're mistaken. After a couple of turns I'm sitting at 100. Not working.

edit: Before you ask, yes I made sure I put the file in the correct folder.

Could you release a version of this mod that doesn't alter the other diplomatic values? I don't really want longer lasting effects on those.

Is there any way to install this mod, and the no ai stack spawn mod, and still play drop in battles? I tried the Darth Mod but I was disappointed with the siege AI, and ofcourse drop ins won't work. I don't get why a mod affecting th CAMPAIGN MAP should affect the BATTLEFIELD.

Since RD is a conspiracy, my nature response is kill da shogun.

I played with 2 campaign, both shimaz. One world domination, one long campaign.

World domination: got a message that Shogun is nervous, around 18 cities. finished off Kyoto, No Real Divide happened.

Long Campaign: Amassed 2.5 stacks with 1 stack of elite inf and took Kyoto right before Realm Divide (15 cities, Fame is about to reach Max). No RD event poped up. Was hit with initial -60 relation, and has a Plus sign next to it. is the RD effect over, and starting to get better?
    Last edited by dipperq; March 28, 2011 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dipperq View Post
    I played with 2 campaign, one world domination, one long campaign.

World domination: got a message that Shogun is nervous, around 18 cities. finished off Kyoto, No Real Divide happened.

Long Campaign: i amassed 2.5 stacks with 1 stack of elite inf and took Kyoto right before Realm Divide (Fame is about to reach Max). No RD event poped up. Was hit with initial -60 relation, and has a Plus sign next to it. is the RD effect over, and starting to get better?

If you go for Kyoto before RD you will be hit with the initial penalty once for starting the war, then same penalty once you've captured Kyoto. Then after you've held on to it for a year you should be given a double initial hit on top of that. At least that's what happened in my game.

So, you'll take a lot of hits if you just storm the place.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

Kyias's Avatar Semisalis

I do have one question about this mod:

I play single player a god amount and this would make that awesome. However I also play co-op multi a good deal. Would this mod affect those save files, since my friend does NOT have this mod? Would it corrupt that game making it unplayable since we both have different RD conditions?

Looking for a clear answer not just speculation on if it would. I have several co-op campaigns going with friends and want to make sure DL'ing this for my singleplayer will not destroy the games me and my friends are playing also.

Thanks in advance.