Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Realm Divide Mod v2.0 (UPDATED FOR FotS)

Default Re: Realm Divide Mod v1.0

shouldnt the clans loyal to the shogunate now be loyal to me?

If you just overthrew the people who have been good to me for years, and my trusted friends and had them all killed... I'd be pretty pissed about it.

Thank you very much for this mod!

FYI Legendary is also a -60 hit. Works as intended, thanks.

Thank you Yarkis and any others that helped on this mod. Great work in a short time, awsome!

I would like to recommend something for the next version of the mod: I think it would be nice if the AI was also subject to realm divide. If a clan reaches 18 provinces the Shogun should then ask everyone to either join him or the other clan. This would make it even more realistic and fun.

I'm sure this is already in the works

I believe somebody did see an AI get RD'd, search for the post if you want to.

So I just finished my Date campaign with the help of this mod. By the end I have 1 ally and 7 vassals still loyal to me, against 5 RD-crazed enemies. I was playing long campaign, and of the 40 regions required, 17 of them were owned by my vassals. So again, thanks for bringing diplomacy back to this game.

It should be noted though that even factions that reemerged after RD, that were neutral and friendly to me, all declared war one turn afterwards. There is obviously some script at work here, as many have reported. The only factions that I could keep on my side are the friendly allies that were around before RD(and I still lost one, Tokugawa, tho he was at indifferent so maybe it's my fault) and vassals that aren't too treacherous in nature and kept happy.

I released a variant of the mod which reduces the diplomatic hit of the RD event to nearly zero. This was requested by some people.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

im having a very nice campaign that is perfect its a real "Divided Realm" me playing as the Shimazu Together with the Takaoka Matsuda and the Tsutsui
    are in a Alliance with each other and we Control everything west of Kyoto and against us is the Oda Hatori Imagawa and the Biggest of them Takeda Takeda Controls everything from the Center "ish" of the map and to the east.
    I control all Trade Spots but 1 and have a very good income so i can Supply my allies with some money to keep the Alliance strong about 5 turns after RD i took Kyoto i also sent a army with ships to the east and liberated some Clans to open up a Second front
    here is a Screenshot of the map some turns back
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

i lost no allies to DR might be since i was Giving my allies plenty of money around then to keep them 150+ gave all my allies 10k each the turn before RD
    i dont think any of this would have been possible without this mod so thank you alot!! +Rep to you!
    Last edited by mattebubben; March 23, 2011 at 04:07 PM.

If you donwloaded the no_realm_divide variant before I posted this, download it again. I made a small error which leads to a -1 diplomacy hit each turn after RD. Should have been +1 to cancel any leftover effects out.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

awesome! thanks Yarkis!

If I install this mod can I still play my older save games which already had a realm divide in them?
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

sorry, fail.../my question dont actual now /
    Last edited by Hunor; March 23, 2011 at 09:34 PM.

Just reporting that this mod does what it claims to do. In my Oda campaign, I'm well past the Realm Divide, which has basically created two overwhelming factions.

Those in favor of the old Ashigaka Shogunate- Shino, Sagara, Date, Jinbo, Akami, Urakami, Hojo, Takaoka
    Those in favor of the new Oda Shogunate- Oda (Which would be me), Takeda, Asai, Hattori, Chosokabe, Mitsuda, Kata-can't-remember-enough-to-try-spelling-it (Katakanabe?), Hatano.

So that's eight clans trying to overthrow me, and seven clans working in my favor. Before anyone asks, only the Hattori are a vassal state. The rest are simply allies who have turned out exceptionally loyal. It's quite amazing how it's working out.

1. My armies are essentially assisting my allies as they advance along the appropriate fronts, though I do have one stealing territories via monk-revolt. Just a couple of VCs that I missed.

2. The Takeda are holding off the Date with support from my northern armies, and have made some headway since my best general reached the front. Oda Nobunaga, not Daimyo yet, is also on that front.

3. The Asai are mopping up the remnants of the Hojo on the eastern part of Honshu as well as defending Kyoto from the Takaoka to the west. They've really impressed me since their territories are split between Omi and the old Ikko Ikki lands near western central Japan and the old Hojo lands in the northeast, but they've managed to properly defend both. They needed a little help against the Hojo initially, but now they're both redirecting forces towards the Date and still protecting Omi/Kyoto from the Takaoka.

4. The Hattori are also helping defend Kyoto from anyone that makes it past the Asai or Hatano, and have assisted me in a couple of relatively easy sieges thus far.

5. The Chosokabe are fighting the Shino and Hojo on the seas and winning, which has the added effect of protecting my shipping lanes. I don't think they've hit mainland yet, but I'm just glad they're helping keep my trade income flowing.

6. The Mitsuda are the unfortunates of the bunch and have nearly been wiped out by the Shino. I'm currently redeploying an army from Kyoto to assist, with one already sitting at Bitchu (that's so gonna get censored) to make sure they don't get wiped out. However, as of last turn they did manage to retake Akai from one of their strongholds further south. Unfortunately, moving my army to defend Bitchu let the Urukami take Masaki, though that's why the army from Kyoto is en route.

7. Katanakabe (or whatever they're called) are having fun ruining my life by holding Ise and keeping too many armies around it for me to monk-revolt swipe it. I think they have some ships helping somewhere, but the Chosokabe really have that covered. Since it's only one city, I'm not going to worry about Ise until I've fulfilled all other VCs (a few more territories).

8. Hatano are defending Kyoto from the Urukami to the southwest, and have done a decent enough job that the Urukami moved around to attack Masaki instead. They also stopped a Takaoka invasion that I nearly missed because I'd forgotten that I'd redeployed the Kyoto army.

Difficulty Normal, Short campaign (meant to do long, but I think the fewer territory requirement actually helps keep the territorial expansion penalty from being too much of an influence). So yes, this tweak has definitely impressed me and resulted in a very entertaining and unique playthrough.
    Last edited by Roslolian; March 24, 2011 at 05:41 AM.

Great Yarkis i was waiting for it.Thanks m8

this mod barely works.

I confirm that after RD, I still keep my allies. However, my long-time vassal keep betraying me.

Quote Originally Posted by visser300 View Post
    this mod barely works.

I confirm that after RD, I still keep my allies. However, my long-time vassal keep betraying me.
    Well did you bother to check why? Maybe they're upset about past grievances (I've seen that give a big hit). You can soften the blow of realm divide some more by giving money payments to your allies.

this mod did nothing, started with new game on normal, realm divide hit and i was -400 with everyone

you must have done something wrong cause it worked for me and many others.

Is there anyway I can check if the mod was properly installed, I just put it in the data folder but since it didn't replace any existing files I am not too sure i did it properly
    "The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned. " - Antonio Gramsci

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." - Rosa Luxembourg

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    Is there anyway I can check if the mod was properly installed, I just put it in the data folder but since it didn't replace any existing files I am not too sure i did it properly
    thats all you do. unzip it and put it in the data folder. only way to test is to have the realm divide happen.

I haven't yet experienced the Realm Divide - what does it do exactly and how does this mod improve matters?

Edit: And if it's as bad as everyone says, is this mod savegame compatible?
    Last edited by SonOfCrusader76; March 25, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium