Thread: Bugged on purpose?

Default Bugged on purpose?

Does anyone think that SEGA and/or Creative Assembly publish buggy games on purpose, to dissuade pirating? Here are the reasons why I think that:
    1) Last few games in TW franchise all had been published with a miriad of bugs.
    2) Bugs tend to RE-occur from game to game - case in point ETW and NTW, both essentially driven by the same engine, but some bugs that have been fixed in ETW, reoccurred in NTW. How hard is it to apply the existing fixes to the new game? Also, if I understand correctly, same thing is happening with Shogun - old bugs from ETW/NTW surfacing again...
    3) Frequent updates, some of which don't mean that much
    4) updates stop once the game is replaced with another game in the series

So essentially, the frequent and duplicate updates (NTW and ETW), obvious bugs in Shogun all help to prevent pirating because the pirates end up with unpatched and very buggy game: it's one thing to crack the original game, but another - to commit to crack every single patch that comes out... I don't think that pirates are that dedicated Once the game is replaced with a new one, protection is no longer necessary so they stop updating it

Just some food for thought

Default Re: Bugged on purpose?

Pirate versions are updated and cracked within a day or two it doesnt stay the unpached version