Thread: Black screen

Default Black screen

so just got shogun yesterday installed it into my new laptop everything downloaded fine no installation issues, then when i try to run it the game goes to a black screen screen, and my comp freezes and i have to shut it down. reinstalled 2 times following the instructions that are suggested on the forums... anyone here know what may be wrong? any help would be great ill try and to reinstall it later on a better connection maybe the internet im using is just too bad, because it took a very long time to download the patch.

Default Re: Black screen

no body?

Do you have the newest .NET Framework installed?

Do you have Windows Media player updated?

Do you have Directx updated?

All other drivers updated?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

i have a .net of 3.5 framework idk if thats the latest or not

windows media is updated

directx is updated

only driver that isnt all the way updated is my audio, but i have a gateway and its updated to the max until gateway comes out with a compatible driver.

i hate being so pushy its just that I really want to play this game, anybody got any solution?

Ive tried playing it without an audio driver and i got to loading the menu before it froze

Quote Originally Posted by Incan View Post
    i have a .net of 3.5 framework idk if thats the latest or not....
    I don't know that this will solve your problem but you could try installing .NET 4. It's worth a shot at least.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

Let us know if it works. It looks like this forum is in triage mode at the moment so if it doesn't work be patient and hopefully someone can come along and answer. Good luck!
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort