Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

I've got good news and bad news:

The bad: Haven't had time to finish beta 10 this weekend.
    The good: Here you have beta 9, enjoy. See OP for any info you might need

Excellent stuff my friend Gotta test it soon hehe (once i finish my khwarezmian campaign).
    D'oh! ...have to spread some rep around.

Great to see the release of this beta,ill test it later on today, + rep mate.

sgarr's Avatar Libertus

Looks awesome and seems, so far, to work nicely. I have one complaint, 6000 florin. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by sgarr View Post
    Looks awesome and seems, so far, to work nicely. I have one complaint, 6000 florin. Really?
    What can I tell you, the gal you got has a face that launched thousand ships - that is expensive
    Trade fair and priest convention are ~ 1k and only give traits in comparison. You've got to cover the search cost for 5 turns, that is festivities, travel, security... basicly a trade fair event every turn until she is available plus dowry.
    I thought about making her more rare via scripting but we have enough of that nibbling away at the turn times - better to go the finance way.
    Plus I prefer my mods to be to have minimal coding to be injected into saves. Allows you to upgrade midcampaign and faster turn times. What amount would you find sensible and why?

sgarr's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by bɑne View Post
    What can I tell you, the gal you got has a face that launched thousand ships - that is expensive
    Trade fair and priest convention are ~ 1k and only give traits in comparison. You've got to cover the search cost for 5 turns, that is festivities, travel, security... basicly a trade fair event every turn until she is available plus dowry.
    I thought about making her more rare via scripting but we have enough of that nibbling away at the turn times - better to go the finance way.
    Plus I prefer my mods to be to have minimal coding to be injected into saves. Allows you to upgrade midcampaign and faster turn times. What amount would you find sensible and why?
    I was just goofing around. 6000 is fine. I started a new campaign and that 6000 put a very large dent in my coffer. I can see the reasoning, you don't want just any ole skank running around your royal court. She best be worth her weight in sovereigns. Just gonna take a little longer to initiate war with Scotland, but a little peace never hurt anyone. One other question. Why can't I marry her to any of my unmarried generals? I can only marry her to unmarried foreign generals?
    Last edited by sgarr; September 12, 2011 at 11:17 AM.

If those generals are sons of the FH and FL then the engine dissallows it. Royal ladies go by the same rules as princesses and thus are seen as kin to FH and FL - "adopted" daughters if you will. They cant marry their "brothers". Upload a family tree ss if that isnt the case.

sgarr's Avatar Libertus

If those generals are sons of the FH and FL then the engine dissallows it. Royal ladies go by the same rules as princesses and thus are seen as kin to FH and FL - "adopted" daughters if you will. They cant marry their "brothers". Upload a family tree ss if that isnt the case.
    I was trying to marry her to a general not a family member. Example:Gregory Darnely occupies Exeter as governor at the beginning of the English campaign. He is not a member of the royal family. When I try to marry my royal lady to him it tells me no unmarried generals in this settlement. Is it because hes not royalty? Is his station to far beneath hers?

Thats cheap considering what it costs to raise a girl these days.."i need makeup,i need clothes,i need hair products and i need..

All right - I have a problem. In prevoius versions of SS I was always adding my family name to the names list, to have a chance to see characters with my name in the game (I am from Poland and my family tree dates back to the medieval times, so there's nothing wrong with it). Few times I even managed to make someone with my surename a king. It's great fun IMO and it greatly increases the gameplay. I added two variations of my name - "Bal" and "z Baligrodu" ("of Baligród" - because it was the name of the town my ancestors built in the past) to increase the chance of such character appearing in the game. And, as I said, in previous versions everything was OK.

Right now I am playing SS 6.4 with RLC. And when I changed the apropriate txt files (also in the RLC folder) I have an error: "MTW encountered an unspecified error and will now exit".

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila SPQR View Post
    Right now I am playing SS 6.4 with RLC. And when I changed the apropriate txt files (also in the RLC folder) I have an error: "MTW encountered an unspecified error and will now exit".

Any advice?
    RLC currently has its own namefile included. When did you make the change? Pre-campaign, after running ss_setup and selecting RLC?

I know it has its own namefile, I changed it too. When I changed the files? After installing SS 6.4 I, as usual, changed appropriate files in the mod folder. I've played for a short time, but it was not long enough for "Bal" character to appear. Later I installed RLC, and started playing again (new campaign after SS setup etc.) because I was sure the files did not change (I did not notice the new names.txt files deep inside the RLC folders). I've played for a long time, but no "Bal" or "of Baligród" was born, so I checked the files again and found that they were without my names. I changed them again (also inside RLC folder - this time I noticed them and their "overwrite" command) and, as usual, deleted map.rwm and names.txt.string.bin or something like that (I have no idea if I have to do it, but in previous SS versions I was always doing it just to be sure - mostly because I've heard that we have to delete map.rwm when we change descr.strat, so I thought that we have to delete it always when we make a change in the game files - I was also diong it because it was completely harmless since the game was creating them again after starting new game). And after it - I had this error every time I launched the game (SS 6.4 setup and then the game). Right now I am slowly restoring my game to the playable level, because it seems that SS 6.4 deals in a different way with this names.txt.string.bin and map.rwm. When I restored them game began to work properly as usual. But with this map.rwm and names.txt.string.bin pasted back into game folders I am simply not sure whether "my names files" will work or not.

Right now:
    - I only added names in the appropriate files (all files, also in the RLC folder)
    - I did not delete map.rwm and names.string.bin, I just restored them from the windows recycle bin,
    - I launched SS 6.4 setup,
    - I checked namefiles again - my name was present,
    - I launched the game, I am at ~50 turn and to this moment no "Bal" or "of Baligród" was born/created, but this of course do not imply that it doesn't work, it may also mean that I am simply not lucky this time and I'll have to wait longer.

Maybe you'll help me with this and finally explain me once and for all - do I have to delete anything when I am altering the namefiles (If I recall correctly any changed done to the descr_strat.txt, like altering the year per turn thing, were useless without deleting map.rwm)? Is the SS setup deleting and creating them again? And will I have desired names in the game right now?

EDIT:

Good news, everyone! Priest with a name "Bal" was just comissioned to serve his king. Everything seem to be OK now.
    Last edited by Aquila SPQR; September 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM.

I have a problem. I was downloaded files, extrated them into desktop, merged them into SS3, run both SS3 and SS4. When I start campain I find no royal court buidling! Nor in Citadel, nor in Huge city. Could someone help me, please!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nereis View Post
    I have a problem. I was downloaded files, extrated them into desktop, merged them into SS3, run both SS3 and SS4. When I start campain I find no royal court buidling! Nor in Citadel, nor in Huge city. Could someone help me, please!!!!
    You have to run the setup and tick the RLC submod box. Then start a new campaign. Note it's not save game compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by vtec.dominion View Post
    You have to run the setup and tick the RLC submod box. Then start a new campaign. Note it's not save game compatible.
    I didn't have RLC submod box in the setup! How to fix that?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nereis View Post
    I didn't have RLC submod box in the setup! How to fix that?
    you musta of installed it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    you musta of installed it wrong.

Now tell me how to fix that!

1. Move the extracted data folder into Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.4
    2. Confirm that you want to merge folders (don't worry, nothing gets replaced)
    3. Run Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.4\SS_setup.exe
    4. Select your era of choice, Royal Ladies of the Court and any other submod you wish to use with it.

Make sure you did it right, maybe you missed the proper sub-folder or so.
    Take a second try and do that again. Then start a NEW campaign and see if it's working. Oh, do you have any other sub-mods installed ?

Adding to the above:
    If your SS6.4 is installed in SS6.3 then use that path... e.g.:
    Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3

I have tested this. Bane your work excellent as always!
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.