Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

Default Re: Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC) for 6.4

Hey I have a question, when you release your full final version of royal ladies, did the people who already downloaded the beta have to take out the beta files to add in the final version or will the full final version replace the old beta one? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra82 View Post
    Hey I have a question, when you release your full final version of royal ladies, did the people who already downloaded the beta have to take out the beta files to add in the final version or will the full final version replace the old beta one? Thanks
    My guess would be the old one will be replaced/overwritten by the new full version.

Is there any answer about the following ? Thank you in advance!

Yesterday i generate a royal lady ( she is a bit expensive 6000 coins...) it is weird that the icon of the lady when it was about to choose her in order to generate was the icon of some other unit( it was some light spearman specialized for killing elephants- i saw them for first time )
    Another i generate that Lady without having a Rayal Envoy building ...
    What is going on ?

What can I tell you, the gal you got has a face that launched thousand ships - that is expensive
    Trade fair and priest convention are ~ 1k and only give traits in comparison. You've got to cover the search cost for 5 turns, that is festivities, travel, security... basicly a trade fair event every turn until she is available plus dowry.
    I thought about making her more rare via scripting but we have enough of that nibbling away at the turn times - better to go the finance way.
    Plus I prefer my mods to be to have minimal coding to be injected into saves. Allows you to upgrade midcampaign and faster turn times. What amount would you find sensible and why?
    That was Bane's explanation for the cost of the lady. As for your problem, you shouldn't be able to create a Royal Lady without a building, and if you recruited spearmen you probably didn't recruit it at your capital. Ladies can only be recruited in certain cities, even though the building exists everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bɑne View Post
    Yes, it is, however they are not ment to be of royal blood. I can add this if this is a widely demanded feature (read: guys if you want this, post).
    Nice submod by the way, I still haven't installed it but plan to do (well maybe I'll wait for Beta 10 ).

Since we're speaking of "Royal Ladies" here... well I'd say that obviously they should be of "Royal blood", shouldn't they ? Or simply be called Ladies of the (Realm's) Court.
    Last edited by RKO; November 23, 2011 at 06:17 AM.

Playing as France I experienced a Blank Name.
    This was the first Royal Lady I've summoned. Am I lucky?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm in the process of combining Meneth's Submod Compilation and RLC and have a question.

In RLC what is supposed to happen to the Royal Envoys after a lady has been summoned? Should there be a script to kill them off or were they intended to stay around?

Thanks,

ROnnie

Bane, Ishan,

Seems as though the reduced names bin size has fixed the problem mostly, if not completely. I've ran 6 different tests and recruited approximately 32 Royal Ladies with England and Scotland (I added the capability for myself).

I have the names.txt, descr_names.text, and descr_strat.txt ready. Just let me know if you want me to send them to you.

I also I have RLC working with Meneth's submod compilation now. I hope to get a working mod manager install, but it will take me about a week to get that ready. I'll pm you for permission once I finally get it ready to go.

You guys are great, love the work you're doing. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Cheers,

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud. View Post
    My guess would be the old one will be replaced/overwritten by the new full version.
    Yes that's is true because most of the perks we wish to put it in aren't there yet as the blank name bug was annoying and this discouraged us to work on a final version.

Quote Originally Posted by kretian View Post
    Is there any answer about the following ? Thank you in advance!

Yesterday i generate a royal lady ( she is a bit expensive 6000 coins...) it is weird that the icon of the lady when it was about to choose her in order to generate was the icon of some other unit( it was some light spearman specialized for killing elephants- i saw them for first time )
    Another i generate that Lady without having a Rayal Envoy building ...
    What is going on ?
    That is because you didn't delete the map.rwm file from your base folder, its location is:
    Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\base\map.rwm

Delete this otherwise mod won't function properly and give you problems. This file gets regenerated with the changes RLC has, i had put this file by default in the installer so that users don't to delete it themselves but it seems in later version forgot to put these files when playing early\late campaigns. So please delete this file if you are going to play this mod otherwise it won't work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie76 View Post
    I'm in the process of combining Meneth's Submod Compilation and RLC and have a question.

In RLC what is supposed to happen to the Royal Envoys after a lady has been summoned? Should there be a script to kill them off or were they intended to stay around?

Thanks,

ROnnie
    That's a dummy unit that gets destroy when the script is fired from campaign_script.txt.
    Bane, Ishan,

Seems as though the reduced names bin size has fixed the problem mostly, if not completely. I've ran 6 different tests and recruited approximately 32 Royal Ladies with England and Scotland (I added the capability for myself).

I have the names.txt, descr_names.text, and descr_strat.txt ready. Just let me know if you want me to send them to you.

I also I have RLC working with Meneth's submod compilation now. I hope to get a working mod manager install, but it will take me about a week to get that ready. I'll pm you for permission once I finally get it ready to go.

You guys are great, love the work you're doing. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Cheers,

Ronnie
    I have been testing this myself also today with a fixed names.txt (265 KB) and its bin file (366 KB) that i generated. Like i said the filesize below 380 KB seems to kill this bug. I tested with england and i got 23 Royal Ladies with names and then i quit the game & didn't tested further.
    But the bug remains for factions like Byzantium and Kievan Rus etc. So it seems there is some more mystery to it. Anyways i'm pretty tired of the nonsense i will create names file from scratch and have to go through all names manually, that's the only way i can be assured that it doesn't have any bugs.

As for RLC for MSC i have told bane about this as he has returned from his holidays & I'll request him to make an installer for you as well but it's better to wait till we sort this names bug out. Try for kievan_rus and byzantium, if you're not getting any errors then please gimme your names, i shall take a look at them and compare.

Regards.
    Last edited by Ishan; January 09, 2012 at 02:33 AM.

No problem on waiting.

I'll spend some time this week testing kievan_rus and byzantium and let you know.

On the subject of names. I've noticed that some names in SS6.4 have a "-" like "{Abdul-Karim}Abdul-Karim". Should those be changed to underscores like "{Abdul_Karim}Abdul-Karim"?

On the subject of names. I've noticed that some names in SS6.4 have a "-" like "{Abdul-Karim}Abdul-Karim". Should those be changed to underscores like "{Abdul_Karim}Abdul-Karim"?
    Yes hyphen minus is allowed and a valid ASCII character. Hash "#" is also okay. England has like 501 names in it while kievan rus for example has 329, so you can rule out that there is some limit to the names faction wise.

And you said you're getting CTDs right? That's because of the names. Your names.txt has to be bug free otherwise you will get a CTD without any explanation in log file (this might also explain some CTDs people get whilst in campaign). Another thing is that descr_names.txt can have a same name like "John" for 2 or more factions but it should only have one entry in names.txt like {John}John.

I did a quick test. Removed all names listed under kievan_rus in descr_names from names.txt and replaced them with england's names in the descr_names.txt.

I still get the CTD on the second turn as soon as I click end turn.

Next test I will completely rebuild the names.txt file and the descr_names.txt file. Will report back soon.

I propose to remove names that already have very similar ones in place like below.

Remove - Abdul-Karim
    Because - Abdulkerim already exists.

I would like to know how some people feel about this though.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Hello people.

Love the idea of this mod, but I was wondering if there was a way I might be able to use this with The Long Road mod. Thanks in advance.

Rilder's Avatar Miles

Excellent Mod! Male Family members not seeking wives is one of the main reasons I never really was able to play SS campaigns for very long.

Hopefully, someday, someone will go through the trouble of making an add-on for this to allow the Muslim(and maybe Lithuania too?) factions to recruit princesses..
    Last edited by Rilder; February 05, 2012 at 02:46 AM.

This is Great !

This errors has occured when I try to play with RLC submod:

1-

2-

... If I accept and run the game... CTD.

I make all how said in the first post (about installation)... whats wrong?

thank you.

Is there no Royal Court for Scotland? Started a new campaign and I do not have the Royal Court in my capital...

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

I don't know if this bug has been reported before, but here it goes
    I destroyed Norway (and conquered their capital that has the Royal Court built) like 10 turns ago and 4 turns ago I decided to create a princess from their capital for my general (he is single) that was governing there in Norway and surprise ... instead of an english lady I get a norwegian one and of course I can't control her. I hope this helps.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Īnfrānt nu eşti atunci cānd sāngeri,
    nici ochii cānd īn lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele īnfrāngeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

Is this sub-mod dead?

I've read through every post to check it out and what-not, to find out the compatibility with BRG, LLP, or MSC, and what the bugs are.

So far, meh.

Any new updates or news from this?