Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Clan Retexture Project: ALL playable clans retextured and released! (Ikko-Ikki released!)

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW TAKEDA and DATE SCREENSHOTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Industries View Post
    Theres a mod released that has similar retextures :O couldnt you just copy your values into that?
    These are not values. I've applied colours etc. to the textures themselves, thereby being free to vary the textures any way I'd like, so it's not just new colours (even though I haven't changed THAT much there are usually small things that vary).

Edit: By the way everyone, I think I'm finished with the Mori now, will look more closely at them later tonight/tomorrow and take some screenshots.

5 clans done, 5 to go.
    Last edited by Ftmch; March 29, 2011 at 01:13 PM.

Great work so far. Are you planning on changing the textures for the hero units as well? They all use the same gold texture as far as I can tell. If you are able to designate different textures for clans, the hero textures are desperately calling for clan specific flavors to them.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Great work so far. Are you planning on changing the textures for the hero units as well? They all use the same gold texture as far as I can tell. If you are able to designate different textures for clans, the hero textures are desperately calling for clan specific flavors to them.
    Hm, yes, I hadn't thought of that much, right now they have the same textures as the rest of the samurai (with my retexture), but it should probably be possible to give them more unique textures which makes them stand out more, good idea!

I'm gonna put some pictures of the Mori up now, enjoy!

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Maybe its just me, but i cant see your pictures. Seems you exceeded photobucket's maximum or something.

I suggest using something like imgur: http://imgur.com/

Edit: nevermind, its a problem im having over here. Disregard this.
    Last edited by Massive_attack; March 30, 2011 at 03:25 AM.

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

Must say that once again your work is amazing! I love Mori how you did the texturing for them, I am in awe ... woah

Thank you! Keep em coming, I'm dying to get my hands on this mod

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

I've done some work in the Chosokabe this morning, but I need some opinions. Do you think they're too colourless and bland right now?

Picture:
    http://img690.imageshack.us/i/chosokabe.jpg/

I think they look good and match their banners etc. But they're very colourless. I hate the neon-blue the originals had though. What do you think people?

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

Wow, you leave me breathless and in O.O type of look everything you retexture a clan ...

They are great ! Perhaps another color is needed to make them look even more mean

Dark blue perhaps? For the Kimono I mean, the dresses Experiment and show us your ideas and I tell what looks the prettiest to my eyes

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

I actually started with dark blue for the kimono, but that makes them too similar to the Date I think, I think I'm gonna stay with this colour-scheme (but I've changed it a little since the pictures, added some minor bronze-details etc.). They're a bit one-toned, but I think it still looks good, will put some screenshots up when I've finished the rest of the units. I might change them later if I have any ideas though, haha

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

Cheers !

Keep em coming, perhaps Chosokabe is good with grey kimonos? Please show more screenies, me want

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

New pictures of the Chosokabe on the first page. Note that in other seasons they will look more brown because of the lightning. I did some experiments with the Oda this morning, but I can't really figure out a colour-scheme that makes them look good, haha. I was thinking about black clothes and armour and gold details, but I feel that there are already so many "dark" factions among my retextures, so I want to make it a bit lighter. Let me know if you have any ideas! I don't feel like gold/yellow clothes on all the units looks very good, it makes them all look to.. luxurious. Thinking of having beige clothes, dark armour and gold details, and some purple details, like the belt etc.

Edit: I'm gonna take a break from the Oda, can't really figure out anything to make them look good, haha, will probably do some work on the Hojo instead for the time being.
    Last edited by Ftmch; April 01, 2011 at 12:44 PM.

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW CHOSOKABE SCREENSHOTS

Hey yooo great work on Chosokabe, I just saw the screens... that's some brilliant work right there

I think Oda should be Gold / Black defo! There are no other clans that look like them anyway, except for Tokugawa which I think they should be White / Coffee Brown or so, I also like the purple belt idea

Work on it, try different tastes

And one more time, Chosokabe is amazing dude

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

I will probably put some pictures up of the Oda, Hojo and Hattori tomorrow, I think they're all done now, even though I'm not that pleased with Oda and Hojo, might do something different with them later. Gonna do the Uesugi within the next few days (I'm looking forward to that, I really like their colour-scheme etc.), and then I'm finished! (or, well, I'm probably gonna have to do some finishing touches to the textures)
    Last edited by Ftmch; April 03, 2011 at 12:30 PM.

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

How is addon going to work? Global? I can use it for my clan and other enemy clans will have the new textures corresponding to their color schemes?

Or only one file per clan ?

Can't wait for other clans to be updated!

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Well, since we haven't been able to edit the dbfiles properly it's hard to say, but yes, If you use it for your clan the enemy clans will have the new textures etc. (if you've downloaded and installed the retexture for the faction your'e facing that is!). The mod will simply replace the textures for those clans, and the clans that haven't been retextured should keep their old textures.

Capricornius's Avatar Civis

Oda clan!
    When the enemy advances, withdraw; when he stops, harass; when he tires, strike; when he retreats, pursue. ~ Mao Zedong

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

New screenshots up in the first post,

Capricornius's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW HOJO, ODA and HATTORI SCREENSHOTS

Zomg ODA CLAN!

Supreme pizza you deserve for your supreme efforts!
    When the enemy advances, withdraw; when he stops, harass; when he tires, strike; when he retreats, pursue. ~ Mao Zedong

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Now you made really bad choice for me
    These hattori units are so awesome and I really like that you removed that annoying "RED BALL" from Ashigaru's hats and chest. I also like vanilla... ahhhhhhhhhhh..... I cannot choice!

edit: Also I want give Plus for Tokugawa and Mori's textures
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; April 05, 2011 at 09:58 AM.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Thank you very much!

Unfortunatly, it seems that getting these textures to work properly is more complicated than we hoped, and might even require a new startpos.esf and many other things to work properly. So it might take some time and hard work. But we'll get it done in the end, I hope. If anyone wants to help, try and find out if it's possible to assign custom textures ONLY to a specific clan in an easy way.

Yeah, we'll get there. So people, be patient.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13