Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Clan Retexture Project: ALL playable clans retextured and released! (Ikko-Ikki released!)

razr19's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW TAKEDA and DATE SCREENSHOTS!

The biggest thing I nottice is how you have blue sky, all I get is a pitch black void.
    ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδαhèn oîda hóti oudèn oîda
    I know, that I know nothing
    - Socrates

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by adbr View Post
    Since it seems you're pretty far along, I doubt this would be practical but I figure I'll throw it out there:

Is it possible that you could make these retextures 32-bit or 24-bit?

Regardless, really looking forward to this. Thanks.
    Not sure that would make much of a difference since I'm just editing the original BI-textures, and if I did I'd have to redo my textures in order to save more colour-information, and that would be a bit of a hazzle

I understand

Wishful thinking!

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

(by the way, I'll try to re-upload all the pictures tomorrow since my bandwidth was exceeded)

I recommend imageshack.us , less chance of pictures disappearing.

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW DATE SCREENSHOTS!

awesome ty, banners like those of the date are still purple... and don't match their new colors. We are getting closer to completely fixing this rediculous color issue thanks to you and zane. Good work men keep it up!

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

I found the correct banner-file, it's the same texture which all the equipment is in, hopefully, it will be possible to have unique equipment textures for each faction without too much hazzle, so the banners will suit the units colours better (also, this will give me the opportunity to change some other equipment to look unique for certain factions, although I don't have many ideas on what to do yet, it's a good possibility for the future).

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW TAKEDA SCREENSHOTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    New date-screenshots up on the first page. Looks like I've exceeded my bandwith on photobucket, anyone know of any other good free hosting sites apart from imageshack?
    You can give tinypic or picturepush a try as well.

www.tinypic.com
    www.picturepush.com
    Last edited by symphoni; March 27, 2011 at 07:15 AM.

I found the correct banner-file, it's the same texture which all the equipment is in, hopefully, it will be possible to have unique equipment textures for each faction without too much hazzle, so the banners will suit the units colours better (also, this will give me the opportunity to change some other equipment to look unique for certain factions, although I don't have many ideas on what to do yet, it's a good possibility for the future).

Woo awesome, can't wait for the first version with matching new colored banners.. I can't stand the bright green of the shimazu, pink of the mori, purple of the date and so on..

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

Heeey Ftm, could you update us ?

How's work progressing? Can we expect a new set of SS for one of the new clans, and perhaps an approximate date when we might be able to use your mod

Thanks

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

I'm working a bit on the Mori at the moment, not getting anything really interesting out of them, but they look better than before I think, this was also the last day for me at my job, so I'll be unemployed now, and probably have more time for modding, haha. Will try to finish the Mori tomorrow and put up some screens. I also have ideas for what to do with the rest of the clans, so progress shouldn't be too slow.

@Ftmch

Don't forget to play the game as well!
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    @Ftmch

Don't forget to play the game as well!
    Play... Games? I have a faint memory of those words, like a distant dream or something..

Haha.

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

Play Shogun 2

It's extremely challenging and hard if you decide to make your life miserable by playing LONG Campaign and on VERY HARD!

My first campaign was with DATE, on VH difficulty ... Once I hit Legendary clan status, Realm Divide shook my empire really nicely (I was at the front doors of Tokyo), then landing invasion parties and massive 2-3 stacked armies from all of the clans marched on me to crush me I couldn't finish that game unfortunately because it was so damn hard and I wasn't very well prepared for that kind of war ...

DATE clan is my FAV! I started screaming when I saw your textures for them, woah! Can't wait for the rest and ofc the release, just keep it coming

P.S. and yes, don't forget to play the game too so much more fun than any previous TW game

P.S.S. oh and I am playing as Chosukabe now, lot easier than DATE. I am ruling the waters from western japan trade routes to the heart of the country, I played much clever this time I prepared for large scale war against Shogunate and other treacherous clans.

So it IS possible to have different colored kimonos (under the armor) for one unit.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Akatora View Post
    So it IS possible to have different colored kimonos (under the armor) for one unit.
    If you play on ultra-settings (with this mod), there will be some variations like that between soldiers yes, at least for some factions, but I didn't want to vary the colour too much since that mostly just ends up sticking out in a bad way (I think, and believe me, I'm a guy who isn't that fond of "faction colours" applied everwhere). Still, as you can see, there is some small differences, some pants and other clothes that don't show that well has some other colours sometime.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

1. Where is takeda pictures?
    2. I want get Date retexture! :p
    3. When you will release these retextures?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    1. Where is takeda pictures?
    2. I want get Date retexture! :p
    3. When you will release these retextures?
    1. Hm, they should be in the first post?
    2. Haha, so do I, so do I.
    3. like I've said before, we can't get the units ingame for the specific factions yet, so we'll need a new PFM or similar to be able to edit the right db-files, therefore, I have no idea when these can be released, we'll just have to.. wait.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

3. like I've said before, we can't get the units ingame for the specific factions yet, so we'll need a new PFM or similar to be able to edit the right db-files, therefore, I have no idea when these can be released, we'll just have to.. wait.
    Maybe I didn't saw those takeda pictures well on my tired eyes.

i am waiting, but i wont resist my patience *watering*
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; March 29, 2011 at 09:39 AM.

Theres a mod released that has similar retextures :O couldnt you just copy your values into that?
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan