Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Clan Retexture Project: ALL playable clans retextured and released! (Ikko-Ikki released!)

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW SCREENSHOTS!

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserJoe View Post
    Takeda look amazing, well they all look amazing, but I love the mon on the middle of the Ashigaru. Will other clans have that?
    Overall great work and I can't wait to download em.
    Yeah, some clans with simple mons will probably have them, but I'm gonna try to vary it a bit, the Shimazu for instance don't have any symbol on their ashigaru now. It felt a bit silly that ALL the ashigaru had that big spot on them, maybe it's realistic? I don't know, but now it's more varied.

(I was gonna start on the Date today, but I don't feel very inspired, I have the whole day tomorrow to start though, might be some draft-screens up by the end of tomorrow)
    Last edited by Ftmch; March 24, 2011 at 02:20 PM.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW DATE SCREENSHOTS!

New screenshots of the Date are up on the first page (I hope it doesn't count as bumping when there's nows, in that case, sorry about that).

By the way, does anyone know what texture-file modifes the battlefield banners? (the ones on the units that is). Is it the banners0.dds to banners3.dds? In that case, I might have to release an optional banner-addon seperately, since there are several different banners (for different factions) in each of those files.

Looks good so far.

Beowulf1990's Avatar Senator

I LOVE what you've done with the Shimazu! I just played an entire campaign looking at that bright green, it wasn't very comfortable. Please do keep going!
    I would love to see Chosokabe Ashigaru without the hideously bright blue dot all over them.
    En Romanos, rerum dominos, gentemque togatam!

Looks great, looking forward to this mod. Gl with the project!

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    I LOVE what you've done with the Shimazu! I just played an entire campaign looking at that bright green, it wasn't very comfortable. Please do keep going!
    I would love to see Chosokabe Ashigaru without the hideously bright blue dot all over them.
    Thanks mate The original Shimazu was indeed really, really bad, haha.

Trust me, when I'm done with the chosokabe ashigaru they won't look like Iron Man anymore.

http://www.senses.se/wp-content/uplo...04/ironman.jpg

Haha.

Edit: By the way, I will probably put up some screenshots of the finished Date (at least I think they're finished now) and updated Takeda tomorrow or so. Then I'll start with a new clan, not sure which one yet, probably the Oda, since they're probably the worst looking ones from what I've seen.
    Last edited by Ftmch; March 25, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Beowulf1990's Avatar Senator

Looking forward too it mate
    En Romanos, rerum dominos, gentemque togatam!

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

Don't want to be harsh on you, this is really amazing work that you do and thank you for it...

But I think that DATE is out of place, to me they look more like ODA (Black / Gold), I mean they DO have AZURE BLUE/GOLD color of their banners.

I really looked forward to this mod, started amazing but I am disappointed with DATE Sorry

If the mod is available separately then I'd for sure take the first 3 you redesigned... they look great compared to DATE, colors are good and they respond good to the clan's banner.

Cheers and thanks for your hard work I really appreciate you

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

The Date have changed a bit since those screenshots on the first page, the blue is slightly brighter now (but I don't want it to be too bright), and the brown/purple-is shirts (on Samurai and Ashigaru) are also blue now. In other words, they have black/gold armour and blue clothes with some red details for some variation, the original Date had the same colour-scheme (except for the red), but not as bright colours. Still, it's a matter of taste, and hopefully the various clans will be standalone, so you can pick and choose what you want. (I'm not offended though, so don't worry, I just like to explain myself, haha)

(Also, I will hopefully be able to retexture the banners for the clans in battle aswell, to make the colour suit the units better)
    Last edited by Ftmch; March 25, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

So what's the status with a release of these skins? They look fabulous, but I think you said something about mod tools? I thought there will be no mod tools for this game. Didn't CA say there will be no direct mod support?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    So what's the status with a release of these skins? They look fabulous, but I think you said something about mod tools? I thought there will be no mod tools for this game. Didn't CA say there will be no direct mod support?
    Hopefully the Pack File Manager will be out eventually with the ability to edit db-files, and it's not by CA So we'll just have to wait for that, or if anyone makes another program with the ability to edit db-files.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Oh, gotcha. The skins look great by the way. My favorite are the Date skins. Very nice work, my friend.

great work sir, is ther any way you can change the banner colors too?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlbc23 View Post
    great work sir, is ther any way you can change the banner colors too?
    Thank you I should be able to change them, but I'm not sure which file to edit, haven't looked into it much yet, but I'll try to do that later.

By the way, there are pictures of the updated Takeda on the first page. I've made the shoes of the samurai a little bit darker since I took those pictures, and some other very small changes, other than that, I believe they are final now. Will probably take a few pictures of the Date soon, they're also final, I think.

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW TAKEDA SCREENSHOTS!

does this conflict with the less gloss mod and toonwar 32bit textures?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW TAKEDA SCREENSHOTS!

Quote Originally Posted by symphoni View Post
    does this conflict with the less gloss mod and toonwar 32bit textures?
    Works fine with the less gloss mod, but not with the 32bit textures because they replace the same files I believe.. (At least when it comes to my units, it will still work on the units for other factions I guess, but it's hard to say right now since I'm not sure how this will work yet)

New date-screenshots up on the first page. Looks like I've exceeded my bandwith on photobucket, anyone know of any other good free hosting sites apart from imageshack?

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project NEW TAKEDA and DATE SCREENSHOTS!

Wow ... Try FOTOROLA in google, it's in native language but you can understand the site I think

On the topic:

With new DATE I think you've outdone your self this time, pure win! <3 I love it now, can't wait to use your mod it's flawless now, keep up the good work and show us new textures pls! I'm dying to see the rest

P.S. I think changing the banners is bit of the side, my personal opinion is that they shouldn't be changed, I believe they are just fine the way they are right now

Keep em keeping, I'm becoming your greatest fan looks like

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Szu View Post
    Wow ... Try FOTOROLA in google, it's in native language but you can understand the site I think

On the topic:

With new DATE I think you've outdone your self this time, pure win! <3 I love it now, can't wait to use your mod it's flawless now, keep up the good work and show us new textures pls! I'm dying to see the rest

P.S. I think changing the banners is bit of the side, my personal opinion is that they shouldn't be changed, I believe they are just fine the way they are right now

Keep em keeping, I'm becoming your greatest fan looks like

Thanks If I do change the banners I'll only change the colours to match the ones on the units a bit better, so that it doesn't look out of place.

Since it seems you're pretty far along, I doubt this would be practical but I figure I'll throw it out there:

Is it possible that you could make these retextures 32-bit or 24-bit?

Regardless, really looking forward to this. Thanks.