Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Clan Retexture Project: ALL playable clans retextured and released! (Ikko-Ikki released!)

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project LATEST RELEASE: Hojo and Hattori

I hope you r gonna make the other factions... the unplayable...

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by angus young View Post
    I hope you r gonna make the other factions... the unplayable...
    I don't think I will, there are a lot of them, and since I can't play them in custom battle it's pretty hard to see how the textures turn out.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    I don't think I will, there are a lot of them, and since I can't play them in custom battle it's pretty hard to see how the textures turn out.
    Why can't you see the unplayable factions in custom battles? There's a mod for that out, you know, courtesy of The Hedge Knight. I'm using it to test my mods for them.

Edit: here it is - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=441030.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Why can't you see the unplayable factions in custom battles? There's a mod for that out, you know, courtesy of The Hedge Knight. I'm using it to test my mods for them.

Edit: here it is - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=441030.
    Ah, then it's possible indeed, still, it's a lot of work, and right now I'm just really tired of texturing, haha

Hey Ftmch, awesome mod. A question though, do you plan on merging them all in one file, cause it`s just unpractical having to download so many clans separately?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Yokozuna View Post
    Hey Ftmch, awesome mod. A question though, do you plan on merging them all in one file, cause it`s just unpractical having to download so many clans separately?
    I might put them all in one .rar when they're done, but the filesize would be about 500mb if not more, and it will take ages for me to upload, but yes, maybe. I wouldn't mind if someone else did it and gave me a link I could put up on the first post either.

Hey Ftmch, What a great mod. Its so nice to see unit looks more realistic in game.

btw, I try to edit some unit variant. I get strange result at shoulder part. seems texture not loaded correctly. Is there any insight at which part I do wrong? Thank in advance.

Code:
    [
      [0, ""],
      [1, ""],
      [2, ""],
      [3, ""],
      [4, "crests"],
      [5, "masks"],
      [6, "shoulders",
        ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/shoulders/Jin_Baori_1/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/shoulders/Jin_Baori_1/tex/texture"]],
      [7, "thigh_armours"],
      [8, "back"],
      [9, "arms",
        ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/arms/Wako_Arm/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/arms/Wako_Arm/tex/texture"]],
      [10, "campaign"],
      [11, "hands"],
      [12, "heads",
        ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head08/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head08/tex/texture"],
        ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head05/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head05/tex/texture"],
        ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head02/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head02/tex/texture"]],
      [13, "helmets"],
      [14, "legs",
        ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/legs/Strip_Armour_Leg/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/legs/Strip_Armour_Leg/tex/texture"],
        ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/legs/Ashigaru_Leg_2/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/legs/Ashigaru_Leg_2/tex/texture"]],
      [15, "torsos",
        ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/torsos/Cloth_1/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/torsos/Cloth_1/tex/texture"]],
    ]

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Unit variants are really not my area of expertise, I'm not even sure we've edited any for this mod, only filenames as far as I know. So I can't help really, sorry. :/

Anyway, I'm going away now, I'll be back on monday evening. Happy easter everyone!

Can you do something for the sashimono (flag on the individual samurai's back)?
    When we zoom out of the units the Mon (clan symbol) disappear. So it's only a solid colour flag or blanked out... I have a good PC and all on Ultra!

Thank you

Unit variants are really not my area of expertise, I'm not even sure we've edited any for this mod, only filenames as far as I know. So I can't help really, sorry. :/

Anyway, I'm going away now, I'll be back on monday evening. Happy easter everyone!

Ah thank You. Seems the problem come from atlas. There's no Jin baori value at ashigaru atlas. Btw what program do You use to edit atlas value? I try with PFM but it always return to 0 when editing PU or TU. Anyway Happy Easter Ftmch

This mod is beautiful!!!

I love the Oda clan so I would like to know how far have you gone with them?

One historical fact that might help you:

The Oda where the worst dressing in all of Japan, the color that was mostly present with their generals uniforms and armors was dark purple.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

I gotta give it to you, Ftmch, normally graphic mods have a few nice skins, followed by some that don't suite my taste. But yours is truly a sight to behold. There are no hokey color combinations, as it seems you chose to prioritize aesthetics over a rigid attention to historical accuracy. Really, really nice work man.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by T.J.Jackson View Post
    Can you do something for the sashimono (flag on the individual samurai's back)?
    When we zoom out of the units the Mon (clan symbol) disappear. So it's only a solid colour flag or blanked out... I have a good PC and all on Ultra!

Thank you
    Nope, no idea how, and it's not really related to this mod as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by veilovie View Post
    Ah thank You. Seems the problem come from atlas. There's no Jin baori value at ashigaru atlas. Btw what program do You use to edit atlas value? I try with PFM but it always return to 0 when editing PU or TU. Anyway Happy Easter Ftmch
    I've never done any atlas-editing, so I have no idea. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    This mod is beautiful!!!

I love the Oda clan so I would like to know how far have you gone with them?
    Thanks mate! I will probably release both the Oda and the Uesugi tomorrow. Although I'm not completely pleased with the Oda. stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    I gotta give it to you, Ftmch, normally graphic mods have a few nice skins, followed by some that don't suite my taste. But yours is truly a sight to behold. There are no hokey color combinations, as it seems you chose to prioritize aesthetics over a rigid attention to historical accuracy. Really, really nice work man.
    Thanks alot! compliments like these really feels good reading, since it seems that you understand completely what I'm trying to do.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Thanks mate! I will probably release both the Oda and the Uesugi tomorrow. Although I'm not completely pleased with the Oda. stay tuned!
    Scratch that, make that RIGHT NOW, enjoy. I'm off to play a new campaign as the Date.

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project: ALL playable clans retextured and released! (Oda and Uesugi latest)

Oda is cool!!!! thank man

Scratch that, make that RIGHT NOW, enjoy. I'm off to play a new campaign as the Date.
    Is there any way that you would put back the Odas with the purple color?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Is there any way that you would put back the Odas with the purple color?
    What do you mean? The original Oda? I've never made any Oda in purple colour, although they have purple belts and some other purple details.

What do you mean? The original Oda? I've never made any Oda in purple colour, although they have purple belts and some other purple details.
    Yeah, I meant you took off the purple and that is kinda a signature for them. But it's your mod, I was just asking.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Yeah, I meant you took off the purple and that is kinda a signature for them. But it's your mod, I was just asking.
    The belts are purple, but yeah. Officers have purple though, but it looks brown due to the yellow colouring from the banners etc. I thought of them more as sort of black/gold.

Default Re: Clan Retexture Project: ALL playable clans retextured and released! (Oda and Uesugi latest)

I was wondering if i could put the factions banner mons on all the ashigaru chests, instead of just a few clans like you have. I have pfm, if you could just tell me what table to go under, and help me from there,i could change them to my liking, i would be in your debt.