Thread: Supporters of the shogun and historically correct Matsudaira Katamori! [FOTS] [Updated 25/01/13]

Default Supporters of the shogun and historically correct Matsudaira Katamori! [FOTS] [Updated 25/01/13]

A
    Fall of the samurai
    __________MOD_________
    Mod description
    This mod recolours the shinsengumi unit for all shogunate factions and gives them their historical white and blue uniform for which the corps was known for. Apart from this, the mod also equips the shinsengumi officer with a katana instead of a saber as I find it more fitting. Moreover the shogitai is also given faction independent colours.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see, special attention has been paid to the officers of both units.

And to all of you that are tired of Matsudaira Katamori looking like a westerner when in reality he looked like this:

I present to you...

... Matsudaira Katamori!

As a side note, this mod also equips the modern general and his bodyguard with katanas instead of sabers because I just think that the unsynched saber animations looks ugly when dismounted(NOTE: This does not change your generals stats, it's only a visual change)

So if you would be interested in my humble mod be sure to download it down below

Installation instructions
    1. Download the "SODKBoshinMod" file at the bottom of this page
    2. Unzip
    3. Copy paste the .pack file into your shogun 2 data folder (usally in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data)
    4. Launch Fall of the samurai and enjoy!
    Version information

Updated 25/01/13
    Shinsengumi armour should no longer clip with haori

I hope you like the mod, it could be said to be my first!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Modern_General_3.jpg  
    Last edited by SODK; January 25, 2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Update 25/01/13

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Shinsengumi recolour and sword skills! [FOTS]

I can't see the screens :\
    Anyway, +rep

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Thanx!

You cant? maybe I did something wrong...

What about now?
    Last edited by SODK; October 05, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

I can see them! Thank you very much!

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    I can see them! Thank you very much!
    Good! Hope you like it

How do I hide the pictures so that they dont line up att the bottom of the page?
    Last edited by SODK; October 05, 2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: question...

You can upload them on a image hosting site like this http://imageshack.us/

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    You can upload them on a image hosting site like this http://imageshack.us/
    Thanx!
    Last edited by SODK; January 19, 2013 at 08:56 AM.

Default Re: Supporters of the shogun and historically correct Matsudaira Katamori! [FOTS]

Major update! New and better shinsengumi corps and shogitai! Now you can even have Matsudaira Katamori lead the charge!

Default Re: Supporters of the shogun and historically correct Matsudaira Katamori! [FOTS]

Great! Donwloading +rep

OLD SIG

Great mod, downloading !!

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Thank you both! Glad you like it plannings some future updates for the other units/daimyos aswell but I wont have much time before the end of february due to exam

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Mezmerizing...
    I dont even expect that the Mogami Do does not clip with the shinsengumi_arm...But The best part is the Retextures...

Have any more visual projects in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Mezmerizing...
    I dont even expect that the Mogami Do does not clip with the shinsengumi_arm...But The best part is the Retextures...

Have any more visual projects in mind?
    Thanx Well I did my best removing the parts that overlap with the shinsengumi arm. Might take another look at it when I have the time But for the time being I have an exam to prepare for so I wont have to much time for any big projects. I'm thinking of expanding this small mod but I havn't had any luck/time finding sources for the appearance of other daimyos The same goes for other units

Nicely done, thank you!
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

Default Re: Supporters of the shogun and historically correct Matsudaira Katamori! [FOTS] [Updated 25/01/13]

Small update regarding shinsengumi uniform: the shinsengumi officer's and flag bearer's breast armour should no longer clip with haori. This should look much better now Think I got a fairly good pic of the new officer and flag bearer. Check out the first post

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Supporters of the shogun and historically correct Matsudaira Katamori! [FOTS] [Updated 25/01/13]

This is one of my favorite mods. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    This is one of my favorite mods. Thanks for the update.
    Thanks Means a lot that you say that

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

...Now I Know who else I can ask favor to, in the field of Texture-Editing...

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    ...Now I Know who else I can ask favor to, in the field of Texture-Editing...
    Now I'm just going to be all cocky and assume you mean me I'd be happy to help out it's just that for the moment I don't have much time. Thing is I'll probably be quite busy till the begining of april...

Help, i can not download this mod anymore :'(

I want to play with traditional katanas and this is the only mod doing it.