Thread: European Mercenaries

Uraikol's Avatar Libertus

Default European Mercenaries

In Empire: Total War there are several armoured units that have a 16th to 17th look to them, including spearmen (from AUM I think), riflemen (from Jamestown campaign) and cavalry (Hakkapelita). There are also several other units from the era in The 1600's mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=409802) by Shugo560.
    If someone could get some of these units into Shogun 2 and make them recruitable from a Nanban Trade Port it would be so awesome. I know there would probably be problems with the animations and that it's not historically accurate, but it would be a cool feature.

Tell me what you think!

PS. I know there's a thread about adding a european faction, but I figured this is different since it's only adding a few extra units.

Default Re: European Mercenaries

It would be historically inaccurate in so many ways....lets also add an organ gun and that machine gun from ETW....

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by gotrek View Post
    It would be historically inaccurate in so many ways.....
    Well, not exactly. Mercenaries in the East,
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...76#post9206276
    Last edited by Ludicus; March 20, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

As said: in asia....the game so far only includes Japan, lets keep it slightly historically accurate for now...before the jedis pop up...

Quote Originally Posted by Uraikol View Post
    I know there would probably be problems with the animations
    some of the animations are already horrible, most glaring is the pre battle celebration arm waving by your troops during the general speech....lost for words why they left that in the game on release. Honestly standing still would have been better. Such sloppy work especially when you see the combat ninja victory animations on the battle field when they finish off an enemy unit, and the individual unit combat animations....those things are so damn sexy i cant believe it was all made by the same people.

yes, Gotrek! Lets just have the historical accuracy like we had with ntw, until one guy made a jedi mod!
    (Stupid Jedi, Long Live The Sith!)

Tomahawk's Avatar Civis

Finnish Hakkapeliitta cavalry as recruitable mercenaries thousands of miles away from their homeland in Japan? I don't think that's such a good idea... But Spanish or Portuguese mercenaries, even if historiocally inaccurate, would sound interesting.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

As said: in asia....the game so far only includes Japan, lets keep it slightly historically accurate for now...before the jedis pop up...
    I like Jedis.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

yeah some european mercenaries would be nice and since when did anyone really care about historical accuracy i mean when you do the campaign your not being the actual faction that truely became shogunso thats not historically accurate so who the cares really it would spice up the game a bit and help you prolly achieve victory maybe and add dif units wich would be amazing

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

We cannot add any 3D models in at this time... also it's historically insane (but I know some guys like to ignore historical stuff)

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

lets keep it slightly historically accurate for now...before the jedis pop up...
    Darth_Vader will have something to say about that I'm sure

If you want historically accurate go to a museum...Games are for fun..They will never ever be realistic or historically accurate so who cares!!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

You can't put models from one game into another game, it's illegal.

I mean if you own both of them I guess you could mod your own game to do that (it's probably against the EULA but nobody would ever try to punish you for it) but you couldn't distribute resources from ETW or NTW on the internet.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince