Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not possible to give provinces away?

Default Not possible to give provinces away?

Is there anyway we can exchange provinces in S2TW?

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Not possible to give provinces away?

The options isn't in diplomacy, so it's a no
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

I was hoping there was some art to research for it that I didn't know about...sucks

Primicerius

Once an AI faction offered me trade, alliance and military access and wanted a province in exchange. I guess, the AI has a way to trade provinces.

Sir Blackbeard's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    Once an AI faction offered me trade, alliance and military access and wanted a province in exchange. I guess, the AI has a way to trade provinces.
    I can't believe it.

Or are you thinking of the wrong game? Never heard of this for S2, and see no way for it to happen.
    It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less
    In life, pain and death are the only things shared by everyone

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by synagas View Post
    Or are you thinking of the wrong game? Never heard of this for S2, and see no way for it to happen.
    Nope, it happened in S2...

Yes, it was quite common in ETW and it was possible in M2TW/RTW. However for reasons I cannot imagine it was removed from S2TW.

Biarchus

Happened to me too, waaay back, i clicked 'counter offer' to get one of theirs instead and that was when I realized the 'give settlement' option was cut out. Maybe it was some leftover from previous titles.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandru View Post
    Happened to me too, waaay back, i clicked 'counter offer' to get one of theirs instead and that was when I realized the 'give settlement' option was cut out. Maybe it was some leftover from previous titles.
    I remember getting the offer (in S2) and wondering what interface feature I had missed (because I could not offer/demand a province via diplomacy). I guess, some leftover code (allowing AI to demand provinces) is floating underneath. After all, it was possible in ETW and S2 uses the same engine.

That's interesting. I haven't seen that yet. But I wonder if it's possible to code it back in, I've wanted to use it a couple times.

The feature was very easy to exploit in the previous games. With the huge amounts of cash you gain by looting, and very little penalty for a 9 honor daimyo, it would be even worse in S2. Maybe that's the reason.

Adreno's Avatar Senator

Yeah but it was fun making huge vassal states, liberating in ntw was great aswell

It's not a feature I've seen in Shogun 2. It would solve a problem of disposing of less strategic provinces and preventing Realm Divide before you're ready.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Aside from just being a nice feature, it also has a large historical precedent: Toyotomi Hideyoshi gave Tokugawa Ieyasu the Kanto provinces in exchange for Mikawa and a few others. It really is a shame that the feature isn't present.

Phillyphries's Avatar Civis

I wouldn't think to give away provinces this time around, hostages seem fine.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyphries View Post
    I wouldn't think to give away provinces this time around, hostages seem fine.
    Other than the fact that the AI refuses to ever trade you any hostages, right?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Phillyphries's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Other than the fact that the AI refuses to ever trade you any hostages, right?
    Heh, I only use hosties to gain alliances and trade agreements. They give them back when they reach age don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by synagas View Post
    No it happens in S2. I was playing as the Oda. I had caputred Kyoto, had nearly 30 provinces, and had a army more powerful then all others combined and the Sagara asked for Owari and threatened to renew their attacks if I declined. I laughed so hard I pissed myself.

TheBlackShogun's Avatar Laetus

No there isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast