Thread: TW:S2 Multi-player Siege battles

Icon1 TW:S2 Multi-player Siege battles

I know there is a thread already on siege battles them selves but i thought i should address the siege battles in multi-player as they seem to be very imbalanced 1. Attackers get almost Triple the Funds than Defenders 2. Towers, Gates can get blown down really easily 3. Moats and walls aren't really defenses you can walk through the water in moats and walls can be scaled with no problem at all.

Because the of the Triple Funds it makes it very hard to impossible to win as the defenders. When i was playing as the defenders all i could afford was about 3 Bow Ashigaru, 1 Katana Swordsman, 2 Spears. Our Enemy's on the other hands had about 3 Calvary each 2 Archers each, Both of them had 1 Cannon and rest Katana Swordsman and Loan Swordsman which equaled up to a full stack and i know for a fact there is no way that my friend Tyler the Great and I with about 12 troops in total can win against about 40 troops. For one the cannons killed my general before the battle even started, destroyed all the towers, and did a lot of collateral damage and they are really accurate more than Napoleon or Empires Cannons Which is just insane, the fact that units can scale walls made it so we didn't have time to use the other 3 parts of the castle and instead got stuck and Melee and yes a big shocker guys we ended up losing.

I just want to know what you guys think of the Balancing in Sieges in Shogun 2.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: TW:S2 Multi-player Siege battles

yea, seige is more unballenced then in nappy or empire.

This should probibly be in the multiplayer subforum.

I've never won a defensive siege, its rather sad.

The only non buggy aspect seems to be 1v1 which works right about 80% of the time, and is fun unless people turtle.

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Moved to Shogun: Multi-Player
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

The funds for the attacker are double, not triple.
    I think sieges are mostly balanced due to that actually, at least in higher level catles; imo the difference should be less in lower level ones though. My sieges have been fun and very close up to now, I only played 1v1 though, team games might be different still.
    Also, I haven't been up against a cannon, seems to me like those need nerfing anyway.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

just did 2v2 siege battle twice, once as attacker once as defender. won both times. you mad?
    You look great today.

Another problem with this set up is that the defender can never technically win. All the attacker has to do is corner camp and due to the lack of funds for the defender.

Seiges were balanced around the attacker assaulting the fort. However, nothign in multiplayer dictates that this must be so. No time limit, or anything at all.