Thread: Can ninjas assassinate the Shogun?

Default Can ninjas assassinate the Shogun?

Playing a campaign and I have a ninja with 10 stars in the assassination skill. I've tried multiple times to assassinate the shogun, but every time it either fails or wounds him. In fact, after wounding him a third time, I decided to test this and just began reloading the game. Never did I actually kill him - I just kept wounding him over and over again (or failing altogether).

So can ninjas assassinate the Shogun?

Default Re: Can ninjas assassinate the Shogun?

Mine did

He's got like 9 or so stars in assassination boosted by traits and retainers, very specialized in the killing business.

I'm quite curious how the wounded/killed thing works. I've also had instances where I constantly wound someone instead of killing him outright (that bloody Tokugawa Ieyasu for one) but in this case I managed to kill the Shogun in one try.

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    Mine did

He's got like 9 or so stars in assassination boosted by traits and retainers, very specialized in the killing business.

I'm quite curious how the wounded/killed thing works. I've also had instances where I could constantly wound someone instead of killing him outright (that bloody Tokugawa Ieyasu for one) but in this case I managed to kill the Shogun in one try.
    Alright, thanks. It's good to know, otherwise I would've given up trying.

Yes I did it, with a 3 star ninja might I add...

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Of course it is possible, like in M2TW assassin can kill Pope and ETW/NTW assassins can kill hero-generals, so here is possible too. I recommend "assassinate the Shogun" for really high level ninjas, because place is heavily guarded.

August's Avatar Decanus

Yes.
    However it is borderline pointless. It costs lots of money, risky even for high level ninja, has no positive effect on diplomatic relations, and as soon as you kill him, game spawns a successor. I did it to see if it will affect the realm divide -nope. Should have been an achievement(along with other shogun abusing achievements).

Currently I'm trying to turn Kyoto 100% Christian to see what will happen. Probably nothing, since Kyoto is heavily protected by scripts, but who knows.

Mine did.

By kicking him out of the highest tower in Kyoto.

But it only wounded him.
    Forward, march!

Daimyo assisnation is not a tactic open to the single player, the AI will spawn generals, its only useful to cripple an army in the field.

I know you can NOT incite a rebellion with a monk in kyoto, but I wonder, can you apprehend the Shogun with a metsuke!?

would be epic...

Nope, only ninjas, geishas, monks/priests and other metsuke.
    In FRAY's alpha
    "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic."
    -The mods, try them all!-

Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    I know you can NOT incite a rebellion with a monk in kyoto, but I wonder, can you apprehend the Shogun with a metsuke!?

would be epic...
    Hahaha, that would be so awesome!

"Sir, by dividing the realm you have caused untold death and damages. As such, you must be apprehended in the name of peace. Come with me please."

Reminds me of a funny glitch I had in one game in Medieval 2, where my assassins could assassinate the pope every single time they tried. The College of Cardinals got so tiny until they elected my Cardinal as Pope

just go get Tom Cruise to infiltrate them, Xenu couldn't save the shogun from the modern army ( Last samurai references so hard to not make them)